Is "Average Driving Distance" calculated from all par 4/5 tee shots, regardless of club used? If so, what is the value in that? We have 4 par-4s that require (much) less than driver, which is going to skew this stat low.

Although I find GPS much more convenient than rangefinder,
even if they're not as accurate as many claim,
I'm strictly from the hand held school.

I can't wear a wedding band playing golf, much less a watch.
I stopped wearing a golf glove in the late eighties, I believe.
Wrap style grips, although now synthetic leather, re-appeared, and I went to those.

Even with a hand held, I'm too much of a luddite to use all of the features.

Is "Average Driving Distance" calculated from all par 4/5 tee shots, regardless of club used? If so, what is the value in that? We have 4 par-4s that require (much) less than driver, which is going to skew this stat low.

Mark it as a provisional, that'll take care of it.

First round in the books.

1) Played like ass, 45/37

2) Putts got a little off, here and there, and I had the most issues getting that sensor to register on the watch.

3) This was overall easy breezy. Unlike Arccos, this didn’t at all feel like work. I only had one hole where there a missed shot, which is freaking exciting.

IM IMPRESSED!

2) Putts got a little off, here and there, and I had the most issues getting that sensor to register on the watch.

3) This was overall easy breezy. Unlike Arccos, this didn’t at all feel like work. I only had one hole where there a missed shot, which is freaking exciting.

IM IMPRESSED!
Thanks for the update. I'm sure interested, but I wasn't if it was going to be as much work as Arccos

Thanks for the update. I'm sure interested, but I wasn't if it was going to be as much work as Arccos
It’s not in the same stratosphere.

ARCCOS Is what has kept me from adopting data tracking, this, this is different, and easy.

It’s not in the same stratosphere.

ARCCOS Is what has kept me from adopting data tracking, this, this is different, and easy.
SO Good to hear. Thanks!

IM IMPRESSED!
Good to hear. I guess I’m spoiled because I never used a measuring device before Shot Scope. It was so easy I thought most were like this. Such a great product.

Good to hear. I guess I’m spoiled because I never used a measuring device before Shot Scope. It was so easy I thought most were like this. Such a great product.
They’re not. Hahaha

Plus, I LOVE that the tags don’t bother me like the Arccos ones do.

IM IMPRESSED!

As others have said, I may go manual mode and see if that makes any difference

The hardest thing to do is to remember to mark the pin location on each green. Otherwise, shot collection is unnoticeable.

Arccos seems a lot flakier, to me. They're are so many potential failure points in that system, from dead batteries in the sensors to subpar audio hardware on the listening device. Caddie Link was a big improvement for my experience with it, but it still doesn't approach Shot Scope or Game Golf, for that matter, in terms of ease of use.

Putting stats are MUCH better than the junk info from Arccos, too.

IM IMPRESSED!
Can you expand on the putting being a little off?

The hardest thing to do is to remember to mark the pin location on each green. Otherwise, shot collection is unnoticeable.

^^Amen to this^^^.

I"ve basically been testing mine for a few months, since I had to return the original one due to a sensor-detection problem. The replacement works better, although I have to consciously and manually hold the grip end to the watch sensor more often than I'd like. But, I fall short in doing my job of consistently marking the pin location, too.

I'm going to use Nov-Dec as final "test" months and then start saving and analyzing the stats in the New Year.

I like how they've upgraded the GPS watch functions to include layup distances, etc. It really provides a lot of information to help with shot selection. And, when I test the yardage against my rangefinder, the two devices usually are within a yard or two of each other.

Can you expand on the putting being a little off?
I read no instructions before going to the course, so I didn’t mark the pin accurately I think? On a couple holes it recorded the putts, but didn’t count in the total because I miffed that up. Had to be a little more patient for the watch to pick up the putter as well, but was no biggie, made me read my putts more.

all set up...just need to put tags on clubs. i anticipate some operator error.

all set up...just need to put tags on clubs. i anticipate some operator error.
My hand hurt after putting them on, but I LOVE how low profile they are.

My hand hurt after putting them on, but I LOVE how low profile they are.
Wonder if a couple notches and a spike tool would be useful.

Hmmm…that’s actually an interesting thought
I don't know what kind of materials are inside them, but a couple shallow dots the right space apart might solve all that. Of course, I'd likely go too deep, or if they were on the edge, I'd find something inside that need not be damaged and damage it. That's just what I do.

I don't know what kind of materials are inside them, but a couple shallow dots the right space apart might solve all that. Of course, I'd likely go too deep, or if they were on the edge, I'd find something inside that need not be damaged and damage it. That's just what I do.
Oh, me too. Damage for sure.
:LOL:

Bolded because this is where I'm getting with Arccos from time to time. Checking or correcting shots instead of enjoying friends or the view on the course. Dislike having my phone on me all the time.

My biggest draw to Shot Scope V3 besides data tracking, is the assumed ease of checking yardage. Quick glance at the wrist and go. Is it that easy?

Bolded because this is where I'm getting with Arccos from time to time. Checking or correcting shots instead of enjoying friends or the view on the course. Dislike having my phone on me all the time.

My biggest draw to Shot Scope V3 besides data tracking, is the assumed ease of checking yardage. Quick glance at the wrist and go. Is it that easy?
It truly is that easy!

that's why i **** canned arrcos

Back