My hand hurt after putting them on, but I LOVE how low profile they are.

do i need to be careful when putting my clubs back in the bag after shots? golf...shots...not alcohol. well...maybe. i just don't know who i might be paired up with.

the tags aren't the best for curved butt grips...guess i'll be changing the grips on my irons sooner rather than later

the tags aren't the best for curved butt grips...guess i'll be changing the grips on my irons sooner rather than later
This is very true! I've got GP grips on all my clubs except for my PXG driver. The GPs have flat end caps while the PXG driver is rounded such that the tag doesn't fit flush. Afraid of it snapping off, I tape it like I do the putter tag on counter-balanced putters. This is a key reason I switched to GP grips when I ordered my set of PXG 0211DC irons on Thanksgiving.

Can you expand on the putting being a little off?
A couple of things when it comes to putting. If using the "auto" mode, it takes getting used to to push the button corresponding to the number of times you USE the putter, and not just the number of "putts" on the green statistically speaking. For example, putt from just off the green leaving a tap-in you push the button next to "2" while standing over the hole. Statistically it will be recorded as a one-putt green.

Also, in regard to putting, I have found that distances are not very accurate as well as exact hole locations, undoubtedly due to the inherent inaccuracy of GPS currently. This is especially true on putts right around the hole. My experience has been that most GPS devices take a few seconds to "settle" on the unit's exact location, and it may be that we/me just don't spend enough time on those relative tap-ins and when marking the hole location. Even in manual mode, with a little tap-in I find myself quickly recording the location of the ball next to the hole, moving very slightly to be over the hole and hit the Pin Collect button and often it will be shown as a putt from several feet. This is the one area where almost all my time editing is spent and even then it is difficult to get exact distances when editing.

This all being from my experience using the V3 in over 230 rounds.

Finally hit checkout on this. Looking forward to it. It will be my first GPS and data tracking experience. For months now I was wanting Arccos but feedback on THP and the live with Gavin pushed me to the V3.

Budget took so much money from me the last week lol

wow. this thing is great...i was lukewarm about it but it picked up every shot...took me a minute to figure out marking the pins but yeah, i'm sold.

Unboxed, charged, and set up. Excited to be able to give this a go as I’ve never tracked stats seriously before. Watch fit really well on wrist so, shouldn’t be an issue with the swing.

Unboxed, charged, and set up. Excited to be able to give this a go as I’ve never tracked stats seriously before. Watch fit really well on wrist so, shouldn’t be an issue with the swing.
As a non watch wearer (on the course) non glove wearer I got used to it really quickly. After 2 seasons my biggest issue is forgetting it at home before a round

As a non watch wearer (on the course) non glove wearer I got used to it really quickly. After 2 seasons my biggest issue is forgetting it at home before a round
I don’t wear watches so my biggest worry was between the ears as far as my comfort with it, but plan on wearing it to the range tomorrow to get some swings in with it on my wrist to make sure it’s a non factor, but all signs point to go.

I don’t wear watches so my biggest worry was between the ears as far as my comfort with it, but plan on wearing it to the range tomorrow to get some swings in with it on my wrist to make sure it’s a non factor, but all signs point to go.
Good thing is it’s fairly light.

I don't usually wear a watch on my left wrist so I started wearing it. Updated firmware and seems to be good to go. Fits fine, took a few swings outside and no issues.

It truly is that easy!
That is music to my ears! Thought I would be better with Link, but then worried if every shot got tracked. Plus opening phone for gos with a system that didn't find hazards easy caused the ultimate upgrade.

Basically for the price of a "subscription". Sooo glad this is working.

it didn't bother me at all...and i don't wear watches, either.

How does Shot Scope handle it when different holes have fairways that are close to each other? Are there any issues with Shot Scope switching holes or is it strictly a manual hole advance?

Ok sooo putting...

Put your ball and then mark when you hole it? Selecting how many you had?

Bolded because this is where I'm getting with Arccos from time to time. Checking or correcting shots instead of enjoying friends or the view on the course. Dislike having my phone on me all the time.

My biggest draw to Shot Scope V3 besides data tracking, is the assumed ease of checking yardage. Quick glance at the wrist and go. Is it that easy?

It truly is that easy!

truly, truly that easy

Ok sooo putting...

Put your ball and then mark when you hole it? Selecting how many you had?

hit the button corresponding to the number of putts when it's on the pin collect screen. voila.

Played my first 18 with my new V3 today. Maybe something is wrong or maybe I’m doing something wrong. I shot 88 but SS thought it shot 72, with aces on a par 3 and a par 4!!! Any thoughts?

Played my first 18 with my new V3 today. Maybe something is wrong or maybe I’m doing something wrong. I shot 88 but SS thought it shot 72, with aces on a par 3 and a par 4!!! Any thoughts?
Tracking putts?

It missed quite a few shots. Some putts, some shorter shots w wedges, a half swing 9 iron off some pine straw in the trees.

It missed quite a few shots. Some putts, some shorter shots w wedges, a half swing 9 iron off some pine straw in the trees.

Did you check to see that it was showing your current club before you shot?

On some of the videos I seen on YT the … on the watch should show the club you’re using if it stays … it didn’t recognize the club yet they say take a few waggles to get it to read.

Back