Did you check to see that it was showing your current club before you shot?
I did not. Wasn’t aware I needed to do that.

I forget who said it but I tap the screen with the tag as well... I haven't NEEDED to but if it seems like it's taking a little longer to detect, the tap usually does the trick

I forget who said it but I tap the screen with the tag as well... I haven't NEEDED to but if it seems like it's taking a little longer to detect, the tap usually does the trick

i usually tap the watch band since that is where the RFID antenna is. I have maybe 1 missed shot every other round.

How does Shot Scope handle it when different holes have fairways that are close to each other? Are there any issues with Shot Scope switching holes or is it strictly a manual hole advance?

Ask me this again on the next live stream. I have a great story about this from the early days.

We map every course ourselves, so understand if fairways are close together so can make sure that shots are displayed on the correct holes. Switching holes is easy because we know when you are on the green and finished. We also have a lock screen function so that there are no accidental button presses.

Headed for full tracking round number two!

I want to add that I’m very impressed by the speed of the GPS updates on the watch. Locks in within a second or two of my cart stopping and doesn’t flinch. The only thing I miss is slope, but that’s not SS fault, it’s the nature of GPS vs Rangefinder.

Mine is on the way. Thanks @GavinwithaR1 for the podcast, and for jumping in with answers! Looking forward to using the V3!

In my experience, these are the main causes of missed shots that I have encountered:

- Recording the number of "putts" on the pin collect screen in Auto mode instead of the number of times the putter was used, if it was used from off the green.
- Shots that do no travel far enough (I wish I knew what that distance was) so as to recognize two shots instead of a shot and a practice swing (duffed chips, shots left in a bunker, etc.). This happened to me today. Chipping up a steep slope it didn't make the crest and came back basically to my feet. Even changing clubs didn't help in recognizing two shots. Had to add the first while editing.
- Choking down too far on the club such that the tag is not withing the 10cm they indicate it needs to be to be recognized. Choking down itself is not always a problem provided the club has been recognized first in my experience
- A waggle or practice swing is recommended before taking the shot though I've taken shots with no practice swing.

This thing is awesome. It blows Arccos out of the water in form and function too imo.

Still battling putts a little bit and getting a feel for marking the pin, but besides that, I had no misreads yesterday, and it’s as quick as making sure watch has the correct club with a glance, and going. Didn’t slow me down at all.

This thing is awesome. It blows Arccos out of the water in form and function too imo.

Still battling putts a little bit and getting a feel for marking the pin, but besides that, I had no misreads yesterday, and it’s as quick as making sure watch has the correct club with a glance, and going. Didn’t slow me down at all.
I know I've said it before, but this was the biggest draw. I love the data I get currently with Arccos, especially when reviewing the performance of clubs. But, the tracking has taken some enjoyment out of the game for me. I disliked having to have my phone, especially checking yardages and for missed shots. I'm really looking forward to a quick glance at the watch to get yardage, then the dashboard to sift through the data collected. More golfing, more discussions with friends, and more fun on the course.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is wearing a watch. I do normally wear a watch when I'm in the office, so golfing shouldn't be an issue, and it sounds like it hasn't been for those who have the V3. But still, the only item I'm hesitant on.

I have so far spent about 10 minutes each time editing my putts in terms of distance, which isn’t a big deal to me.

There are some REALLY cool metrics and shareables in this too:

0EEE48FE-3CAE-4284-9279-14E3B71AE6AA.pngC118F2E5-4DC0-436E-8FE4-07E9D275753C.png

humblebrag haha

Actually I like the layout of that app.

I know I've said it before, but this was the biggest draw. I love the data I get currently with Arccos, especially when reviewing the performance of clubs. But, the tracking has taken some enjoyment out of the game for me. I disliked having to have my phone, especially checking yardages and for missed shots. I'm really looking forward to a quick glance at the watch to get yardage, then the dashboard to sift through the data collected. More golfing, more discussions with friends, and more fun on the course.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is wearing a watch. I do normally wear a watch when I'm in the office, so golfing shouldn't be an issue, and it sounds like it hasn't been for those who have the V3. But still, the only item I'm hesitant on.
I don't usually wear a watch unless I'm golfing. I have the s1 for f/m/b and wore on my right wrist. However, V3 will be on my left wrist. Only used V3 on range so far and no issues.

Figured I better jump before THPers depleted their entire stock. I see that @Canadan already bought out the blue. :ROFLMAO: Order for gray has been placed and confirmed!
The gray is what I have. Looks so good!

The gray is what I have. Looks so good!

It is supposed to arrive today. Won't actually use it until after Christmas though. Bought for my wife to give to me for Christmas. At least I know I am getting something really good!

Is there a putter sensor like arccos? I know many had issues with the putter sensor specifically.

Is there a putter sensor like arccos? I know many had issues with the putter sensor specifically.
Yes there is a putter sensor. Works pretty well too.

Theres a sensor, it works better than Arccos by a lot. It just takes a few to switch to putter at times on the watch. It records all strokes, post round editing has been necessary for me so far in terms of putt locations and distances being off a bit. But, it only takes a few minutes, and all other swings have been spot on for me.

Theres a sensor, it works better than Arccos by a lot. It just takes a few to switch to putter at times on the watch. It records all strokes, post round editing has been necessary for me so far in terms of putt locations and distances being off a bit. But, it only takes a few minutes, and all other swings have been spot on for me.
I guess what I was asking was is there any issues with attaching the sensor to the putter. I know many had issues with certain grips and the arccos sensor wasn't sure if this was any different

I guess what I was asking was is there any issues with attaching the sensor to the putter. I know many had issues with certain grips and the arccos sensor wasn't sure if this was any different
I had to cut a couple of threads off the sensor with my strokelab grip, but it stayed in just fine. I added clear epoxy around it just for extra comfort, but it wasn't necessarily needed.

Nah, it’s round like all the other sensors, screwed in fine to my SNSR.

After about 50ish rounds I stopped tweaking every putt.
In the end, the law of averages takes over and as long as it's not blatantly off, you just "Let it Go"
YRMV

After about 50ish rounds I stopped tweaking every putt.
In the end, the law of averages takes over and as long as it's not blatantly off, you just "Let it Go"
YRMV
I like to know where my miss percentages are on the greens

Back