After changing my putter grip the old screw in sensor wouldn't work on my putter. I just bought some of the sticky ones and they arrived yesterday. Do I need to resync the watch with the tag? Will it pick up both putter tags if I take my old putter out for a round?

After changing my putter grip the old screw in sensor wouldn't work on my putter. I just bought some of the sticky ones and they arrived yesterday. Do I need to resync the watch with the tag? Will it pick up both putter tags if I take my old putter out for a round?

No don't need to resync. A putter tag is a putter tag, so if you have two putters with tags on it will pick up which one you use.

No don't need to resync. A putter tag is a putter tag, so if you have two putters with tags on it will pick up which one you use.
You just need to go into "My Bag" and choose the putter you are using. I had three putters with putter tags that I rotated in and out. I got the set of multiple tags just so I didn't have to move the tag every time I changed putters.

V3
1) On your watch home screen, press the bottom right button to change the screen option from 'Play' to 'Settings'. Press the top right button to enter into the ‘Settings’ menu.

2) Press the bottom right button so that 'Putting' is shown in the middle of the screen. Press the top right button to enter this section.

3) The putt mode should be by default 'Auto'. Press the bottom right button to switch to 'Manual'

4) Press the top right button to confirm your choice.

To record the position of a putt press the top right button (+) whilst standing above your ball before each putt. Continue this process until you have holed your ball. A maximum of 4 putts can be recorded. Before removing your ball from the hole you would stand over the hole and press the bottom right button (Pin icon) to record the pin location on that hole.
I will need to get me a new putter tag once I order the new putter. Although manual is an option, I just prefer the ease of not having to hit anything until pin collect.

You just need to go into "My Bag" and choose the putter you are using. I had three putters with putter tags that I rotated in and out. I got the set of multiple tags just so I didn't have to move the tag every time I changed putters.
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I was looking for!

How far should I be standing from another player with ShotScope? Is there any chance of their tags reading on my watch?

How far should I be standing from another player with ShotScope? Is there any chance of their tags reading on my watch?

That is a good question. You can stand as close as you want, the tag would need to be within 8 cm to be read by the watch, even then if it is just a tag read then it won't be considered by the system to be a shot.

I can't remember because I've had my V3 since release but how many Hybrid tags does it come with? I only have one and could have sworn it came with at least 2. I have 2 hybrids and my new one I had to use the X1 tag.

That is a good question. You can stand as close as you want, the tag would need to be within 8 cm to be read by the watch, even then if it is just a tag read then it won't be considered by the system to be a shot.
Thanks for the quick response. I guess it’s safe to say if I’m still conscious after the swing I was far enough from my playing partner.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that I should keep unnecessary movements and registering the club in hand really when I’m over the ball. Had a “few” shots with my round that weren’t at all close to where the ball was etc.

That’s my bad!

today was the first time it took a good while to find my course...guess the cloud cover and fog (which actually got worse as the round went on) didn't help but the cloud cover didn't seem any worse than when i've used it before.

Having some $$ burning a hole in my pocket and think this may be my next purchase..

today was the first time it took a good while to find my course...guess the cloud cover and fog (which actually got worse as the round went on) didn't help but the cloud cover didn't seem any worse than when i've used it before.

The V3 remembers satellite positions for 7 days, after that it has to 'find' them so can take a little longer to acquire GPS. This is pretty standard across all GPS devices.

Having some $$ burning a hole in my pocket and think this may be my next purchase..
Good purchase if you go through with it! I absolutely love mine! Looking at my data is so much fun (and humbling). We actually went back to our old course for the year so I'm pretty excited to see how my shots differ on a less elevated/mountain course. Let us know your thoughts if you do pull the trigger.

Good purchase if you go through with it! I absolutely love mine! Looking at my data is so much fun (and humbling). We actually went back to our old course for the year so I'm pretty excited to see how my shots differ on a less elevated/mountain course. Let us know your thoughts if you do pull the trigger.
Yeah your post a little while back rang very true to me. I think I have an idea of my yardages but probably like most internet golfers, I am a little generous. It seems like it would be very useful to know my data

Found a good deal on one and couldn’t pass it up. Excited to get more into the data of my game!

is the only way to get the system to stop counting 2nd shots on par 5 as approach shots to mark them positional on the post round edit? it's killing my approach stats like average proximity!

is the only way to get the system to stop counting 2nd shots on par 5 as approach shots to mark them positional on the post round edit? it's killing my approach stats like average proximity!
I hadn't thought about that, but I just went back through a handful of rounds and changed all my par 5 second shots to positional and started getting proximity badges when I was saving them.

Any tips for a new user?

I hadn't thought about that, but I just went back through a handful of rounds and changed all my par 5 second shots to positional and started getting proximity badges when I was saving them.
I haven't don't that yet myself, but I was looking at approach stats this morning after editing yesterdays round and noticed that it counted a shot from like 340yds away with a 5w an approach shot and left me with a missed approach of over 400ft away proximity.

The last 10 rounds or so I have played with nothing but the V3. I look at middle and back yardages on the green and ignore the front yardage. I am scoring better and hitting the middle on a "front" pin, i can two putt from anywhere....I firmly believe that.

Any tips for a new user?

following…..just set mine up and can’t wait to get out there and use it. This weather is killing my vibe, I’m not able to use half of my Christmas gifts because they are golf related :ROFLMAO:

Any tips for a new user?
I'd say just get a few rounds under your belt and then really look at your data.

Setup was really easy but going on the course for the first time, I'd definitely start your watch a little earlier than normal. The first time took me a little longer but after that, it has been really quick for me.

Any tips for a new user?
As a 3 year user, I'd tell you like a lot of things, it's easy to get "Caught up" in the data.
Use the information that you gather as another tool like the Temp and course conditions to make a educated decision on what club and shot to attempt.
Don't get caught up in the minutia. All the clubs will find their correct distance eventually...

Any tips for a new user?

It is so easy to use....Allow it time to "find" the course and get it to the point of Searching about 5 minutes before tee off. The sorts are easy paging forward and the upper right button for "OK" or picking the selection.As you move forward through he selections using he lower left button, just decide if you want to use just GPS and /or GPS/Track or just tracking....its REALLY EASY

Back