For those that have counter balanced putter grips, I put silicone around the sensor. See finished product. I had electrical tape but it started to come off. To get this silicone off all ill have to do is take a knife or razor blade and cut lightly to break the seal in the event I was to ever sell the putter. This is just for those wanting that extra security. I cut a couple threads off this one but used one of the stick on ones with the DoubleWide and used the silicone like I did here. Turned out really good and it’s not going anywhere.
BAA6FBF0-081B-446E-8F99-33983DE8827A.jpeg

Each additional putter or club that is assigned to a tag will appear in a different color. Each of the above answers is correct. You drag the current putter from your bag to the unassigned area then drag the new putter and put it in that putter slot. As you can see below, there are three putters that I may use on any given day. The one I want to use that day I put in my bag BEFORE the round by doing the above, in my example case, dragging the Toulon to Unassigned and the one I want to use into its place.

View attachment 9017078
Thanks man for the example! Thank you everyone for your help!

Each additional putter or club that is assigned to a tag will appear in a different color. Each of the above answers is correct. You drag the current putter from your bag to the unassigned area then drag the new putter and put it in that putter slot. As you can see below, there are three putters that I may use on any given day. The one I want to use that day I put in my bag BEFORE the round by doing the above, in my example case, dragging the Toulon to Unassigned and the one I want to use into its place.

View attachment 9017078
So, if you forget to do that the V3 won’t read the sensor on the second putter????

So, if you forget to do that the V3 won’t read the sensor on the second putter????
Not sure what you are asking. No matter how many putter tags you have they all look the same to the watch. The only way the system knows which putter you are using (or any club) and tracks stats for that particular putter/club you are using is if you have put it into your "MyBag" slot before the round.

I had my first round using Shot Scope v3 last Saturday. Overall, I’m pretty happy with it, but I need to play around with the editing function a bit, especially with putting. It missed a couple of putts…I might try it this weekend in manual putting mode just to try it out.

Had a really solid 9 on a tough course today. The course management that the shot scope provides is one of the best features for me. Here was my last hole of the day.

Attachments

• 24724DCC-FA27-4A00-8A54-B7B0AFC6D400.png
    24724DCC-FA27-4A00-8A54-B7B0AFC6D400.png
    308 KB · Views: 24
I had my first round using Shot Scope v3 last Saturday. Overall, I’m pretty happy with it, but I need to play around with the editing function a bit, especially with putting. It missed a couple of putts…I might try it this weekend in manual putting mode just to try it out.

In the month or so since buying it, I have yet to play a round in which I remember to hit the pin collect button before leaving the green on every hole. I've been hit and miss, about 50% of the time.

And, my strap isn't very sensitive so I have to always check to see if it's picking up the sensor for the club I have in hand. Often, I have to hold the sensor/butt end of the club up against the watch/strap. Kinda frustrating and is detracting from the data detail benefits of the V3.

Today’s round was the first round my V3 tracked every shot and I didn’t have to edit a single thing! Super happy!

Today’s round was the first round my V3 tracked every shot and I didn’t have to edit a single thing! Super happy!

I'm quoting this post in hopes that my V3 feels pressure to (finally) do the same!

I'm quoting this post in hopes that my V3 feels pressure to (finally) do the same!
Good luck. I have had very minimal editing overall, but was nice to upload to the phone and see that I didn’t have to do anything as I went through the holes.

The only shots my V3 misses are when I chunk a shot and don't hit the ball far enough on chips or bunker shots for the watch to recognize that my first attempt wasn't a practice swing! Typically on those shots I don't change clubs and maybe if I did each one would be recognized; I've never done that to see. It is rare, very rare for a shot to be added and I think on those rare occasions it has been when grabbing a club from the bag I end up holding it too close to the grip such that it is recognized, then walking a fair distance to my ball. I try to make sure I hold my clubs close to the hosel until I make my final club choice and set up to the ball. I believe Arccos recommends carrying clubs upside down; at least that is not necessary with Shot Scope. Editing for me is pretty much on and around the green where the inaccuracy of GPS shows up by wrong pin locations or unable to distinguish if a putt is from just on or just off the green.

Having said that, I have been using the auto putting mode for the most part and it's easy to remember to use pin collect at the hole. However, I want to see if going back to manual mode increases accuracy but when I used that in the past I bet I forgot to mark my first putt probably 3 or 4 times per round. If I go back to manual I need to somehow make it a part of my pre-shot routing when putting. I never had an issue marking short putts around the hole as I seemed to always remember to mark the pin location and going to do that reminded me to mark the last putt.

I've had that with my last 4 rounds, hopefully the trend continues.

The only shots my V3 misses are when I chunk a shot and don't hit the ball far enough on chips or bunker shots for the watch to recognize that my first attempt wasn't a practice swing! Typically on those shots I don't change clubs and maybe if I did each one would be recognized; I've never done that to see. It is rare, very rare for a shot to be added and I think on those rare occasions it has been when grabbing a club from the bag I end up holding it too close to the grip such that it is recognized, then walking a fair distance to my ball. I try to make sure I hold my clubs close to the hosel until I make my final club choice and set up to the ball. I believe Arccos recommends carrying clubs upside down; at least that is not necessary with Shot Scope. Editing for me is pretty much on and around the green where the inaccuracy of GPS shows up by wrong pin locations or unable to distinguish if a putt is from just on or just off the green.

Having said that, I have been using the auto putting mode for the most part and it's easy to remember to use pin collect at the hole. However, I want to see if going back to manual mode increases accuracy but when I used that in the past I bet I forgot to mark my first putt probably 3 or 4 times per round. If I go back to manual I need to somehow make it a part of my pre-shot routing when putting. I never had an issue marking short putts around the hole as I seemed to always remember to mark the pin location and going to do that reminded me to mark the last putt.
Unfortunately, I have to check every club before each shot to see if the V3 is picking it up. About 1 out of 4 times, I have to hold the grip-end sensor against the watch. Very frustrating. And distracting.

Unfortunately, I have to check every club before each shot to see if the V3 is picking it up. About 1 out of 4 times, I have to hold the grip-end sensor against the watch. Very frustrating. And distracting.
I've read that some people have gotten in the habit of always tapping the sensor against the strap, much like one had to do with the OG Game Golf system, tap the sensor against the belt worn device. Maybe try that for a round and trust that the club will be sensed as it may be less frustrating and distracting that way. Just a thought. Another option is to contact support and see f they think there is a sensitivity issue with the strap. I'm assuming that you are right-handed, you are wearing it on your left wrist and the "Hand" setting on the watch is "Right" meaning you are a right handed golfer.

I've read that some people have gotten in the habit of always tapping the sensor against the strap, much like one had to do with the OG Game Golf system, tap the sensor against the belt worn device. Maybe try that for a round and trust that the club will be sensed as it may be less frustrating and distracting that way. Just a thought. Another option is to contact support and see f they think there is a sensitivity issue with the strap. I'm assuming that you are right-handed, you are wearing it on your left wrist and the "Hand" setting on the watch is "Right" meaning you are a right handed golfer.

Yes to all. I just sent an email to support for instruction on how to perform this "tags test" noted on their support web site.
https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en...does-the-Tags-option-do-in-the-Settings-menu-

Received a quick reply from Shot Scope support this morning. I'm hopeful they can help rectify the glitch in my V3. In the meantime, played 12 holes today until the skies opened and erupted with heavy rain, thunder and lightning. For those 12 holes, my V3 didn't record the next shot following driver on 4 of 8 holes, which gave me an impressive driver distance average! ;)

Anyway, was happy to get such a quick response from the SS support team. Just hope we can get the V3 working and recording properly because I really like the product and its potential benefits.

Here is a (y)(y) shout out to Shot Scope customer support.

After I sent an email to the Shot Scope customer support team, they accessed my V3 dashboard and reviewed the raw data that showed the problems that I was having with the watch. Two days later ...

A replacement V3 is on its way to me! (And I returned the original watch for further inspection.)

No product is 100 percent fail proof and, to me, is only as good as the company's support behind it. In this case, I couldn't be more pleased with the prompt response and courteous help that I received from Shot Scope customer support.

After I sent an email to the Shot Scope customer support team, they accessed my V3 dashboard and reviewed the raw data that showed the problems that I was having with the watch. Two days later ...

A replacement V3 is on its way to me! (And I returned the original watch for further inspection.)

No product is 100 percent fail proof and, to me, is only as good as the company's support behind it. In this case, I couldn't be more pleased with the prompt response and courteous help that I received from Shot Scope customer support.
Dealing with SS for the last 3 years, I would have to say they that CS is what they do really well.
They just get it. Bad news travels fast so make sure there is no "Bad News".....

The replacement V3 was just delivered to my home. Again, outstanding customer service and support from the folks at Shot Scope!

IMG_1915.jpeg

Got new firmware notification on the app when syncing latest rounds. No information regarding it though. Anybody know?

Got new firmware notification on the app when syncing latest rounds. No information regarding it though. Anybody know?

This info was in the email Shot Scope sent on Monday:

Dear Shot Scope Customer,

Please read the information below which details a new update to your Shot Scope V3.

In order to get the best experience from your watch please update your firmware to the latest firmware version.

Firmware for V3: 2.4.0

What's New?

Lay Up Points added
Included in the course hazards, you will now find lay up distances. 100 yard, 150 yard and 200 yard lay up points will be shown.

These are all in the middle of the fairway, and the distance to the layup point is in a straight line from where you are standing (see graphic below for a visual).

If there is a bunker or other hazard at the same place as a lay up point, e.g. 100 yards the 100 yard lay up point will not be shown on that hole.

You will need to update the course for layup points to show.

Faster Firmware and Course Updates
The latest firmware will ensure faster course transfers and firmware updates over BLE (bluetooth).

This firmware update will take the same time as previous updates (5-12 minutes) - however going forward this time will significantly decrease to around 6 minutes on iOS and 3 minutes on Android. (Depends on device - older devices may be slower).

After this update is installed, any course updates that are available for your subscribed courses, will sync to you watch much faster than previously.

So, update on using this watch so far:

- I absolutely love it. It has tracked every shot, my last 3 rounds. Although my last round was on a 9 hole course played twice to equal 18 holes. When the round uploaded, it uploaded 1 round and I thought it was wierd, so I reconnected the watch because I thought it missed half my shots and then realized it was 2 9 hole rounds right after I deleted them because I didn't want to mess with adding half my shots. My idiocy for not paying a little closer attention. Oh well, it's going strong!

- Got a notification for a firmware update. Downloaded, charged and ready for my round this weekend. Although I wont be tracking clubs, just distance since I will be testing some new shafts and letting a friend hit my Max LS. Don't want the tags to register twice while pulling from the bag.

Couldn't be happier with this watch!

Got a notification for a firmware update. Downloaded, charged and ready for my round this weekend.

You'll want to update the courses on the watch because of the new layup feature.

I’ve used the V3 for just over a year now.
many pros especially with added stats and such over the past year.

mY only gripes.
1) this one is just recent. Noticed it’s not picking up the tag on practice swings at times. Now I need to tap the tag to the watch

2) when I get near the green and the watch switches over to putting mode it misses capturing my chip shot. So I have to add my chips post round which can be up to 5-6 shots.

3) no option to select individual rounds (other than last rd) or date ranges to display your data

4) instead of using color codes to identify your clubs in the dashboard wish the club model would appear.

I came from Game Golf so it spoiled me on #3 and #4.

Back