Gang --

Example: you're approaching the green from the right, walk near/or across the green to where you ball lies in the bunker/rough left of the green, does your V3 now show the green/pin collect view?

How do you get it out of that view so it properly reads that you're using a SW in the bunker or rough?

Since you're aware that the watch does that do you make a conscious effort to walk around the green instead of near/across it?

The watch will still pick up that your using a SW (or whatever club you’ve selected). Double check after the round, but it should detect you are in the bunker. If not, simply edit the shot. Only shots hit with the putter are counted as putts.

Gang --

Example: you're approaching the green from the right, walk near/or across the green to where you ball lies in the bunker/rough left of the green, does your V3 now show the green/pin collect view?

How do you get it out of that view so it properly reads that you're using a SW in the bunker or rough?

Since you're aware that the watch does that do you make a conscious effort to walk around the green instead of near/across it?
I have been making a conscious effort to avoid the green and walking around. Kind of a bummer, but it is effective.

The watch will still pick up that your using a SW (or whatever club you’ve selected). Double check after the round, but it should detect you are in the bunker. If not, simply edit the shot. Only shots hit with the putter are counted as putts.
Understood. Thought there might be a trick to get the watch screen off "the green" and back into "distance to green" mode. Guess not. Thanks ...

Understood. Thought there might be a trick to get the watch screen off "the green" and back into "distance to green" mode. Guess not. Thanks ...

Sometimes on the pin collect, next page there's an X. You can push that button and it'll go to the normal screen again. It's sporadic but I've used it before.

I have been making a conscious effort to avoid the green and walking around. Kind of a bummer, but it is effective.

Thanks ... yeah, it is a bummer -- and annoying.

Playing partner asked me Wednesday, "Where are you going?" as I circled 10 yards around the green to get to my ball on the other side.

So I held up my left arm.

"Oh, you and that watch," he said.

Yep :D, thus my question today.

Sometimes on the pin collect, next page there's an X. You can push that button and it'll go to the normal screen again. It's sporadic but I've used it before.
Whoa .. thanks! I'll give that a try, too.

I played in a member guest at a friends CC this weekend. I was a bit disappointed to learn the V3 could not find / access the club. I got a message saying there were no courses within a mile…I was standing in the parking lot to the club. Not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to be be able to use the watch.

I had this happen to me at two central Oregon courses last month

I stopped worrying about it after the first few times that happened. I now have over 200 rounds played with my V3 since July of last year. It has never failed to pick up a shot from off the green with a wedge, for example, even if the Pin Collect screen is showing. The bigger issue for me (until I learned how to get it to show) is when I can be standing on a green and it isn't showing the Pin Collect screen but a yardage instead. Once I figured out how to get the Pin Collect screen to show I then had to figure out how to get it to show other than 2 putts. IIRC, it is the top left button where you can then scroll through options to select Pin Collect, which then for me it shows "2" which you can scroll forward or back from to record the correct number of times you used the putter.

Okay expert users, help a THPer out. I have replaced my driver and want to update to the new driver without losing my old drivers data. What's the way to do this? Can I just edit the driver in the app or is there a certain way to do this?

Okay expert users, help a THPer out. I have replaced my driver and want to update to the new driver without losing my old drivers data. What's the way to do this? Can I just edit the driver in the app or is there a certain way to do this?
Go into my bag, remove your current driver from the tag. Then create a new driver and add it to the tag. Once a club has been used, I don’t think you can actually delete it anyway, it just sits in the unassigned clubs list. The new driver will be allocated a different colour so you can differentiate.

Played 18 today. All good with the clubs being recognized but I noticed that some of my clubs are misidentified after I edit. My 5i showed up as an 8I on the results. I was able to change it, just a weird thing I noticed. My numbers are getting more and more refined the more rounds I get in. This is a great product.

Hate to be that guy but....I'm so excited, I feel like one of the pointer sisters.

My Shotscope v3 should be showing up next week, I'm wondering if someone could guide me to a good YouTube video on use. I know there is the Shotscope video but many times the user videos may have hacks and best practices.

I could read the directions....but hey, I'm a guy.

TIA

Hate to be that guy but....I'm so excited, I feel like one of the pointer sisters.

My Shotscope v3 should be showing up next week, I'm wondering if someone could guide me to a good YouTube video on use. I know there is the Shotscope video but many times the user videos may have hacks and best practices.

TIA
Google says (some of these look pretty good):
https://www.google.com/search?q=sho...U5QfEDHWogCvwQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1242&bih=664

Thanks i appreciate taking the time to provide the info. I've been googling them and watching some for a while, as I'm the type of guy who has toooo much analysis paralysis, lol.

Sadly many of the so called influencers are just selling click through traffic, and it seems I watch and learn virtually nothing. Sometimes a user of the product had already fount the holy grail of youtube info, and I was kind of looking for that. Thats why i was saying i hate to be the guy who is too lazy to search, but i felt I've invested time searching , but still looking for the holy grail so to speak.

Thanks again will check some of that out again too!:thankyou:

Thanks i appreciate taking the time to provide the info. I've been googling them and watching some for a while, as I'm the type of guy who has toooo much analysis paralysis, lol.

Sadly many of the so called influencers are just selling click through traffic, and it seems I watch and learn virtually nothing. Sometimes a user of the product had already fount the holy grail of youtube info, and I was kind of looking for that. Thats why i was saying i hate to be the guy who is too lazy to search, but i felt I've invested time searching , but still looking for the holy grail so to speak.

Thanks again will check some of that out again too!:thankyou:
Definitely read the instructions for initial setup and give yourself some time to get the device set up before you play.

TIA

My one bit of advice is ignore everything you read that says take a couple of practice swings before you play the shot to wake the tag. That works, maybe 50% of the time. Instead, just hold the tag near to the band of the watch. This will activate the tag every time.

My one bit of advice is ignore everything you read that says take a couple of practice swings before you play the shot to wake the tag. That works, maybe 50% of the time. Instead, just hold the tag near to the band of the watch. This will activate the tag every time.
I wonder if the sensitivity of the band varies. I have never done anything special like tapping the band with the tag or checking or holding the tag close to the band other than just taking my normal grip for the shot, even choking down on chip shots or going left hand low occasionally with the putter. The only shots missed are when I chunk one, say leaving a shot in the bunker, or chipping up a steep slope where the ball didn't make the crest and rolled back almost to the exact spot I had just hit from. Apparently there has to be some distance between shots for the watch to distinguish a shot from a practice swing.

In regard to practice swings, I seldom if ever take more than one and sometimes none and still very, very, very rarely will I experience a missed shot. When I do it is more likely when using the auto putting mode as I'll get to the hole and hit the button on the Pin Collect Screen for my number of actual "putts" instead of the number of times I used the putter (like you are supposed to do) which will almost always be one less and thus results in a shot with the putter not being recorded. Occasionally I'll go back to the manual putting mode and invariably will forget to mark my first putt and it always seems like it was on a long lag putt as I've not ingrained marking the putt location in my pre-shot routine in that mode.

I would also suggest when taking a club out of the bag, hold it closer to the head so that the club isn't sensed by the watch until you get to your ball. Depending on how far you walk from the bag to the ball once the club has been sensed could account for an extra shot being recorded since my guess is shot detection seems to be GPS based and not due to anything having to do with impact such as sound or vibration.

I wonder if the sensitivity of the band varies. I have never done anything special like tapping the band with the tag or checking or holding the tag close to the band other than just taking my normal grip for the shot, even choking down on chip shots or going left hand low occasionally with the putter. The only shots missed are when I chunk one, say leaving a shot in the bunker, or chipping up a steep slope where the ball didn't make the crest and rolled back almost to the exact spot I had just hit from. Apparently there has to be some distance between shots for the watch to distinguish a shot from a practice swing.

In regard to practice swings, I seldom if ever take more than one and sometimes none and still very, very, very rarely will I experience a missed shot. When I do it is more likely when using the auto putting mode as I'll get to the hole and hit the button on the Pin Collect Screen for my number of actual "putts" instead of the number of times I used the putter (like you are supposed to do) which will almost always be one less and thus results in a shot with the putter not being recorded. Occasionally I'll go back to the manual putting mode and invariably will forget to mark my first putt and it always seems like it was on a long lag putt as I've not ingrained marking the putt location in my pre-shot routine in that mode.

I would also suggest when taking a club out of the bag, hold it closer to the head so that the club isn't sensed by the watch until you get to your ball. Depending on how far you walk from the bag to the ball once the club has been sensed could account for an extra shot being recorded since my guess is shot detection seems to be GPS based and not due to anything having to do with impact such as sound or vibration.
I’m on my second V3 and, while the replacement is better than the original, club detection is still a frustrating issue.

When it comes to V3 bands, @Phil75070 got the pick of the litter. :D

I forgot my watch today when I played. I can definitely tell a difference in my course management when I don’t have it. I made a number of WAGs (wild ass guesses) that were detrimental. I need to keep it in my car so I won’t forget it again.

Show Shout out to ShotScope for working with me on getting the Cleveland Hy-Wood into their system.
It's hard enough for us to figure out what it is let alone put in to a category.
So after a couple of emails back and forth, we got to this, which I think is perfect:

1634563898060.png

Anybody have trouble signing back in after you log out? I am not having any luck getting logged in with my credentials and I requested a new sign in.

Anybody have trouble signing back in after you log out? I am not having any luck getting logged in with my credentials and I requested a new sign in.
Nope, no issues here.

Got it resolved. Shot scope cs Did a great job.

Today’s live stream did it, I bought a V3 and am going to really give it a go.

Back