JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In what is arguably the worst kept secret in golf, the V3 edition of Shot Scope is being launched and the company listened to every aspect of consumer feedback to bring a fantastic device to market.

1-1-1024x692.jpg

Rewinding a bit before diving into the technology and our early feedback, Shot Scop3 V2 was extremely well liked, although some users found it to be a bit bulky on the wrist. Those that used the previous version generally liked the data, accuracy and overall user interface quite a bit.

Hitting golf stores now, the V3 takes that GPS and Performance Tracking watch, and like the movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, makes it tiny in comparison. To use a comparison, this is right around the same size and shape of...

Continue reading...

Attachments

• 1-1-1024x692.jpg
    1-1-1024x692.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,532
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any shots of the watch in action or data caps from your phone. Phone interface renders look decent to me but the watch part looks kind of blah.

So which clubs did you end up using in your 5ish rounds with this that surprised you most?

• Admin
Do you have any shots of the watch in action or data caps from your phone. Phone interface renders look decent to me but the watch part looks kind of blah.

So which clubs did you end up using in your 5ish rounds with this that surprised you most?

I do and posted one of the putting ones in the Odyssey #7 thread. I will be adding a lot more here and @Molten will be doing a full review of the device as well. There are a lot of THPers that have been using this and have shared in the other thread and will be adding more here as well.

For the club part, one of the biggest areas was wedge setup, where I have removed the 54 and 58 for a 56 and 60. I have also removed the Super Hybrid and 5 wood from the bag based on the data this supplied and need to update my signature because it is quite different now.

I was completely thrown for a loop on those two clubs, which I enjoyed quite a bit, but turns out was just not using them as expected.

I’m glad they reduced the size. I know a few owners of the V2 that said the size was a major drawback. Full color and the footprint of an Apple Watch should make a lot of potential V3 owners happy.

• Admin
I’m glad they reduced the size. I know a few owners of the V2 that said the size was a major drawback. Full color and the footprint of an Apple Watch should make a lot of potential V3 owners happy.

Here it is side by side Apple Watch.

6559366A-4981-4E58-AFFC-DB19F59CFACC.jpeg

Great write up @JB ! I'm loving everything in reading about it. Now that the embargo is up, I'm eager to see any pics you guys have snagged. Especially if anyone has size comparison pics of the new and old watches.

Edit: and one shows up before I could hit post :)

The phone interface for the data is pretty darn good for its release. It is mostly no flash, all data but it’s exactly what you want to really improve. I can’t wait to get more content in here later this morning.

I’ve used the major companies in the space and the data analysis here is unmatched.

The phone interface for the data is pretty darn good for its release. It is mostly no flash, all data but it’s exactly what you want to really improve. I can’t wait to get more content in here later this morning.

I’ve used the major companies in the space and the data analysis here is unmatched.

I used Arccos last year and haven't hooked it up this season. I liked the data, but found I wasn't getting out enough both practice and course time to really put it to work to help improve my game. The sensors on these look oh so much better.

I used Arccos last year and haven't hooked it up this season. I liked the data, but found I wasn't getting out enough both practice and course time to really put it to work to help improve my game. The sensors on these look oh so much better.
Much much smaller sensors that draw very little attention and are smaller than the butt if you club. That gets an A + from me. No doubt the watch won’t be confused for a fashion piece but it’s all utilitarian with the V3

Much much smaller sensors that draw very little attention and are smaller than the butt if you club. That gets an A + from me. No doubt the watch won’t be confused for a fashion piece but it’s all utilitarian with the V3

I think we've seen plenty of those GPS watches that are built more for utility than they are fashion. So that part doesn't actually bug me one bit.

$179 is a pretty damn attractive price....

This looks like a great product. I am really interested here. That's some great pricing as well. Quite a bit lower than Garmin products which aren't great at stat tracking.

This is going to make some people laugh however it here it goes, I think V3 is more accurate that V2 in capturing shot distance or at least differently.
Now I will paraphrase this comment that I have changed drivers just when I got me V3, but my driver distance looks to have dropped by 5%.
Just seems that drives that I bomb don't show the same distance as what they were on V2. I play the same courses all the time so I know what the tee to fairway distance should roughly be.
Now I'm not one that fiddles around very round adjusting starting and stopping points of every shot. I accept it as another "Data Entry" in my club selection decision. The score is what matters.

It's just one of those things that makes you go "Hmmm?"

Anyways, I like the new V3 unit, it's a modern update of the V2 and I like the data that I get.

Wow, this seems to give you a lot of value for the price. I have moved away from watch-based GPS devices, but this may bring me back.

To those that are interested, let me know what information you want! I’m trying to give you what you need in my review and there is so much here to cover that I could really use you help on what aspects interest you!

Does the Budget golf code work on this?

What do you like better about the data analysis here as compared to Arccos?

Finally! Haha

Great write up and that price is fantastic. How would you compare this to Arccos data wise? It’s kind of funny to me that the two things I think most complain about with Arccos is the phone thing and having to add or check your putts. This at least addresses one of them and I’m guessing you don’t need a sensor on your putter?

Finally! Haha

Great write up and that price is fantastic. How would you compare this to Arccos data wise? It’s kind of funny to me that the two things I think most complain about with Arccos is the phone thing and having to add or check your putts. This at least addresses one of them and I’m guessing you don’t need a sensor on your putter?

The data is more utility but genuinely might be better or at least more helpful to me than Arccos is/was. Plus the lack of paying for the full details is huge plus.

Sensor on your putter is still in place.

Great write up!! Really like the size has gotten smaller, probably enough to make me try this now as I have been wanting more stats.

Finally! Haha

You can use a sensor on your putter for auto detection (not true my auto with the pin collect, but it’s close) or you can use manual. Click the location of each putt on your watch I’ve done both over the last few weeks.

The data is more utility but genuinely might be better or at least more helpful to me than Arccos is/was. Plus the lack of paying for the full details is huge plus.

Sensor on your putter is still in place.
So the sensor is there but you have to manually add your putts? What is the point of the sensor?
Edit: thanks @Molten that makes more sense now

What do you like better about the data analysis here as compared to Arccos?
When it comes to putting and short game, the shot scope wins hands-down. The one thing I miss from Arccos is the ability to see what shots are included, and which ones are not when they’re calculating my average shot distance for each full swing.

So the sensor is there but you have to manually add your putts? What is the point of the sensor?
Edit: thanks @Molten that makes more sense now
The pin collect feature is actually pretty great because it allows you to punch in the number of putts you actually have so there is no miscounting them and it shows the app where the pin actually was so you have a true distance to the pin for each putt.

Back