I love the ease with which this system works. I didn't think tagging with GameGolf was all that intrusive, but this is so seamless. Although, yesterday, I kept forgetting to mark the pin and # of putts taken. I just need a few more rounds with it.

I noticed the GPS distance to a bit off a few times yesterday, compared to my range finder. I trusted the range finder more in those cases, and it turned out to be the right decision. I had it on L1+L5; I think I'll go back to L1 next go round.

Last edited:
I love the ease with which this system works. I didn't think tagging with GameGolf was all the intrusive, but this is so seamless. Although, yesterday, I kept forgetting to mark the pin and # of putts taken. I just need a few more rounds with it.

I noticed the GPS distance to a bit off a few times yesterday, compared to my range finder. I trusted the range finder more in those cases, and it turned out to be the right decision. I had it on L1+L5; I think I'll go back to L1 next go round.
I ran into the same issue when I switched to L1+L5. Switched it back to L1 and everything is fine.

The firmware is definitely better now but I still had a lot of phantom shots show up.

It had me for a 92 when I shot 69. :mad:

The firmware is definitely better now but I still had a lot of phantom shots show up.

It had me for a 92 when I shot 69. :mad:
Weird. Do you carry clubs outside of the bag whole you're walking between shots? Just curious on how it can pick up that many extra impacts. Are the shots randomly spread through the hole? Or is it like you're hitting multiple shots from the same location?

Weird. Do you carry clubs outside of the bag whole you're walking between shots? Just curious on how it can pick up that many extra impacts. Are the shots randomly spread through the hole? Or is it like you're hitting multiple shots from the same location?
I rode a cart so I carried clubs to the green when necessary. I will have to pay more attention to when it picks up strokes.

I’m not finding extra strokes other then the occasional wedge if I drop the grip end on the green when picking up my putter. The new firmware has been good, I like seeing the last tag registered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only extra shots I've ever had show up is when playing one set of tees and moving to a different set for a hole. It seems to add that shot in assuming I had to get there somehow. Not sure what to think about the extra shots but that seems like a lot of extras.

Downloading the update now, can’t wait to get out again. Has anyone created a THP leaderboard? That might be fun. Sorry if I missed it.

I updated the firmware Tuesday before league play and it didn't miss a shot. It'll get lots of use over the weekend (playing 18 Fri - Sun) so I'll find out how well the update is.

Home Depot has a precision Torx driver with a T4 bit for $6.
Yeah, another user confirmed the size T4 for me and then I picked up a driver. One of my other screws was loose but not loose enough to hurt - I don't think. They are tight now.

I also heard from support that they now had spare screws and he was to send me some. I have not gotten them yet but still hopeful.

The software update is much better. No missed shots and it tells you what club you have in hand. I’m also hitting more greens by just going for the middle of the green.

Another round last night, and no missed shots. Had one pin that was way off, but that was probably my fault as I forgot to hit the pin collection button and walked back after a minute. Seems like the GPS needs a moment to catch back up.

Interesting that not everything is preloaded, played a nationally ranked club this morning that has been around for 20 years or so and it wasn’t an available option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Say you walk up near the green and the putting screen comes up on the watch. If you walk back off and chip with the screen still on putting, does it record that wedge shot? I haven't noticed many missed shots but I think these might be the ones the system is missing during my post round editing.
I am wondering about this also. If I chip on with an iron or wedge and the V3 thinks I'm on the green, do I need to record a putt ? I use manual putt mode.

I am wondering about this also. If I chip on with an iron or wedge and the V3 thinks I'm on the green, do I need to record a putt ? I use manual putt mode.
I think if you recorded a Putt it might overwrite any auto detected wedge/chip. But not sure.

So I've been playing with Shot Scope V3 for about 3 weeks now. I have some mixed feelings so far. The gps on it is great, and everything seems very accurate when it comes to that portion of the product. Where I am having issues is that it is missing between 5-8 shots per 9 holes. I find it picks up pretty much every drive, but the shots into the green it misses a lot for me. My first thought was that I wasn't activating it by taking a practice swing, but the last week and a half I've been intentionally making sure I take that practice swing, so I don't think it is that. With the new feature of allowing you to see what the last club it picked up was, I'll use that to test going forward to see where I am actually losing the shots. Overall I'm not disappointed with my purchase as it works most of the time, the GPS is fantastic on it, and they are continually updating the firmware, so I think over time the problems I am having with missing shots will iron themselves out.

The last thing I will mention is that, I was worried about wearing the watch on my arm as I don't wear a watch normally, or any jewelry for that matter, but I don't even notice the ShotScope watch during my round.

So I've been playing with Shot Scope V3 for about 3 weeks now. I have some mixed feelings so far. The gps on it is great, and everything seems very accurate when it comes to that portion of the product. Where I am having issues is that it is missing between 5-8 shots per 9 holes. I find it picks up pretty much every drive, but the shots into the green it misses a lot for me. My first thought was that I wasn't activating it by taking a practice swing, but the last week and a half I've been intentionally making sure I take that practice swing, so I don't think it is that. With the new feature of allowing you to see what the last club it picked up was, I'll use that to test going forward to see where I am actually losing the shots. Overall I'm not disappointed with my purchase as it works most of the time, the GPS is fantastic on it, and they are continually updating the firmware, so I think over time the problems I am having with missing shots will iron themselves out.

The last thing I will mention is that, I was worried about wearing the watch on my arm as I don't wear a watch normally, or any jewelry for that matter, but I don't even notice the ShotScope watch during my round.
Have you put the latest firmware on, it works great swing the club and it flashes up with the club you are using so you know it has picked up the tag

Yeah I just got the firmware updated on it, so I am going to be testing that out going forward.

Got my spare screws in the mail today. Thanks Jamie, support at ShotScope has always been very responsive to me and accomplished everything I have needed.

Still love the new watch, another great round today, the last tag indicator was a fantastic addition. The person that came up with that addition deserves a beer.

Just received notification my V3 should be delivered by Wednesday. For those counting in Canada, that is 24 days from ordered to delivered. Not bad considering it is quoted as 3-6 weeks on their site. I will post impressions and experiences once I have it round-ready.

Just a small update. The V3 arrived Friday afternoon, not the Wednesday my app was telling me. That said an extra 2 day delay is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. The important note here is I paid my Canadian price for the device ($249.99) but did not have any extra duties/fees/taxes to pay on top of the price. When you live in Canada and taxes/fees/duties are the norm, it feels like stealing when this little gift is applied. :)

I have a round booked for Sunday morning, so I'm looking forward to getting this on the course. When I unboxed it, the watch was 93% charged. I had waited until I received the device before I registered with the Shot Scope app. Registering in the app, and setup of the watch was very easy and intuitive through the app. When it came to adding my clubs to the MyBag section, I loved the option to combine my 4-PW after just updating 1 iron in my bag. So instead of individually adding the irons, that small feature saved me a nice bit of time and tedium. All in all, my first experience with the Shot Scope product was a good one and we are off to a great start! I will followup Sunday's round with my first impressions.

1596890808592.png

1596890915401.png

Even with the original firmware, mine never missed an approach, a drive, nor even a short chip from off the green. The only shots missed for me seem to be tap-ins. Even though a take an unusually aggressive practice swing before tapping in, sometimes they are just recorded as 2'-putts so I guess I can't say they are "missed" in a true sense, just recorded differently. BTW, I have found just L1 to be more accurate where I am than L1+L5.

I had the Shot Scope V3 out for it's maiden voyage today. It rained for about an hour, about 1.5 hours before we teed off and it was overcast until we made the turn at 10. Here are some of my takeaways from using it for the first time.

*I am a former Game Golf original user and have used Arccos for 2 seasons now. I also wear a Garmin S20 GPS watch and have a rangefinder to get accurate flag yardages. I am used to having technology in-play on the course and wearing a watch does not impede me in the least.

*The course is a 15 minute drive away, and have read with interest other people's experience of the watch not finding the course for a bit of time. So on my way to the course, about 5 minutes away I engaged the watch. Well, within 3 minutes it found the course even before I pulled into the parking lot. I will adjust going forward but this is a positive to me.

*My first round coincided with the new Firmware update, so seeing the club on the watch was a great experience for me today. I pulled 3W on the first tee, tagged the end of the club to the watch band and it found the right club. This happened EVERY time I tagged the club end to the watch band. Seeing the club selected really took any doubt away for me today and allowed me to just focus on the shot. What a great idea in showing the club on the watch!

*My playing partner was using a Garmin S1 GPS watch and I compared yardages throughout the day with him. Nothing stood out as being way off to me, and when I used the rangefinder it held up with accurate results (Flag yardage middle = consistent etc.).

*Using Arccos the past 2 seasons, i did miss seeing instant results of my shots on the course. What yardages I hit etc. I was however, freed up to focus on the golf rather than a phone in my pocket. I will probably have more to say on this once I have a handful of rounds under my belt.

*The Pin collect feature is such an ideal idea to help putting stats. With Arccos, although you can locate the flag on the green, their putting stats leave alot to be desired. I'm looking forward to collecting additional data with this.

*I kept the watch in L1 mode and had more than 3/4 left on my battery indicator. Based on other people's posts, I think I will leave it in L1 for the foreseeable future.

*I shot an 83 today, but the watch had me for a 77. However, i had 6 penalties within my round and I did not use the penalty feature of the watch. In all honesty, i didn't know how and didn't want to fiddle with it on the course. I'll be reading up on this for my next round. That said, it captured all shots except these today. I had 6 '2 foot' putts and I will have to ensure i tap in properly going forward.

Questions for those that have had the watch for a bit of time:
*I chunked my 2nd shot on my 3rd hole today, about 40 yards in total. When i used the same club again into the green for my 3rd shot (Only had 70 yards), when i reviewed my data after the round the 3rd shot was not recorded. Is this usual? I made sure it was the same club and tagged the butt-end of the club to the watch strap.

*In reviewing my round, i noticed a red exclamation mark beside the shot. When i hovered the mouse over it, it said 'check the club and location of this shot'. Anyone know what this means?

First round with the new update, nice to be able to glance and confirm the correct club. Once again, not a shot missed! 😎

Back