Been using for severals rounds now after the latest update and the club id indicator is very good. Just a quick glance before the swing confirms that the club has been seen correctly. I always glance at the yardage just before setup anyway so nothing new for me to train myself to do. If it hasn't seen the correct club just a quick "tag" to the band picks it up quickly. Many times I don't take a practice swing and still it very seldom misses a shot.

Changing clubs, swinging a club in the rough when looking for a lost ball, etc. can lead to getting extra shots - but easy to edit, even though it is a pain. Not sure that can be totally eliminated. System does have to have some structure to work properly.

I use manual putting - I was never able to get auto putting to work for me. Couldn't train myself well enough, actually didn't want to change my routines to that extend, I like to take practice strokes with no ball while I am killing time on the green and that can cause issues with auto-mode. Manual works perfectly as long as you remember to tag the pin location. Again easy to edit but still a pain.

I love the system and have gotten it to the point where I can almost forget I am using it and just concentrate on my golf. But what I want out of the system is stats over hundreds of rounds so 1 yard accuracy from the fairway or 1 foot on the green is just not that critical to me.

I get the p-avg numbers and some of the accuracy stats from ShotScope and I get my other stats like fir/gir, sand saves, putts per round, etc. from TheGrint and that gives me everything I need.

That is quite strange. It shouldnt be a QC issue, as we have tested many devices. Im genuinely wondering if its how us as individual golfers play and prepare for the shot.

This what I have been thinking also. I have had to change up my entire preshot routine just to get this thing to work better.

This what I have been thinking also. I have had to change up my entire preshot routine just to get this thing to work better.
That's what it has sounded like to me from the first times I was reading about it.

Kind of like with Arccos, if you're someone who is frequently consulting your phone for GPS yardages or other things during a round having it in your pocket is no big deal. With ShotScope if you are always in the habit of making practice swings and practice strokes, likewise no big deal.

That is quite strange. It shouldnt be a QC issue, as we have tested many devices. Im genuinely wondering if its how us as individual golfers play and prepare for the shot.

It most definitely is a QC issue. I had zero issues with V2. I couldn’t rave enough about it on here. V3 has been a very different experience. Now they have added the new feature of seeing which club was last used, I csn see why I, and probably many others are missing so many shots. The issue only seems to affect certain club, and it appears completely random, but sometimes, the tag just simply not want to wake up. I’ll take dozen of practice swings, but the watch simply refuses to recognize the club. It even gets to the point where my regular partners are asking me why the hell im not hitting the ball as I try to activate the bloody tag. The good news is I can see when I’m having trouble activating the tag and continue taking swings until it wakes up, or make a note of where I was in the fairway to edit the round when I get gone. This device however definitely has some big issues.

Very strange for sure that some people are having so many issues. I've had none whatsoever...it just works.

Not at all. Just make sure the correct club shows up on the watch and hit away.

This time, I decided to add up the number of significant errors in the data recorded from my round yesterday. The errors included missing a shot completely, adding a shot that I never took, and huge discrepancies in the length of putts. Most of the errors fell into the last category. There were a total of 9 errors from yesterday’s round,

I noted some of the back and forth yesterday regarding why some have a relatively error free experience, while others have recurring issues. I usually make one good practice swing, visualize the shot, take my setup and swing. After reading the thread yesterday, I tried to be super aware of what I was doing on the course and there was nothing unusual on my full swing. my routine was as described. However, on putts, I tend to stand behind the ball about 5 feet, look at the hole and make A few practice swings while staring at the hole. I suppose that this could account for some mis-recorded putting lengths, making the sensor thing the putt is longer than it is. However, many of the putting errors are recording putts that are shorter than they really are.

I wish I could understand what is the source of the errors. I really like the potential of Shot Scope. I just wish there were not so many recording errors.

This time, I decided to add up the number of significant errors in the data recorded from my round yesterday. The errors included missing a shot completely, adding a shot that I never took, and huge discrepancies in the length of putts. Most of the errors fell into the last category. There were a total of 9 errors from yesterday’s round,

I noted some of the back and forth yesterday regarding why some have a relatively error free experience, while others have recurring issues. I usually make one good practice swing, visualize the shot, take my setup and swing. After reading the thread yesterday, I tried to be super aware of what I was doing on the course and there was nothing unusual on my full swing. my routine was as described. However, on putts, I tend to stand behind the ball about 5 feet, look at the hole and make A few practice swings while staring at the hole. I suppose that this could account for some mis-recorded putting lengths, making the sensor thing the putt is longer than it is. However, many of the putting errors are recording putts that are shorter than they really are.

I wish I could understand what is the source of the errors. I really like the potential of Shot Scope. I just wish there were not so many recording errors.

I'm pretty sure if you really want to track true lengths of putts you'll need to end up doing the manual button-push to record putts and hole location.

I'm pretty sure if you really want to track true lengths of putts you'll need to end up doing the manual button-push to record putts and hole location.
I do the manual button on every hole after holing the putt.

After missing so many shots (almost 1/2) the day before, only one missed shot today, a putt. For some reason the watch had advanced to the next hole and even going back and being in the middle of the green I could not get the putting screen to display.

Some things I made sure of in settings for today's round were:

- GPS L1+L5
- Display Club enabled
- Manual putting mode

I may be wrong, but I think that having the display club enabled wakes the watch up so even if one fails to take a practice swing the shot is detected. I could certainly be wrong about that but it is a sense I get.

So I’ve had my V3 now for 26 days, approximately 7 rounds played I’ve had various errors of missing shots, assigning the wrong club and various adjustments to pins on the greens.

However, today was a different animal. I shot an 82 at a course I’ve already logged 2 rounds on the watch. It recorded 3 shots. I mean, I don’t even know how that happened??it was a blue sky day. The watch loaded the course while I was in the parking lot, a short walk from the first tee. It seemed to register every club I pulled via the watch face showing said club. I did not edit my round of 79 missing shots. I also have the most up to date firmware. I’m not sure this is going to last with me. I’ve had GameGolf and Arccos in the past. Never have they recorded so few shots as V3 did today. I’m just at a loss.

So I had issues with customer service and getting my course mapped for close to a month. After that it’s been pretty smooth.... until tonight. Watch showed as functioning correctly the entire round. This is what it shows after syncing just now. FWIW I did not shoot a 3 for 9 holes and it’s 7:29 here... not 9:59.E605421C-3D15-44F0-BFA2-4471A672D8F2.png

They finally got to my course mapping request, after about 3 weeks. There was an update already, probably just to flip the nines.

The reply said they've sent it out to their mappers. I'm curious to see if they fix some missing tee boxes.

I had better results with this for my round today. It only added one errant shot, a 6 iron. It simply is not accurate at all for me on the distance of second putts, but for the most part everything else was great today. I am a little more hopeful.

I found a deal in the older Arcos sensors which don't require a subscription. Was about 149 US $ all in after taxes new. Debating returning the shotscope v3.

I like having the smaller sensors and not working about battery. I like having a GPS watch.

But... Even with l1 and l5 mode, there were times the GPS would be of by 5 to 10 yards and then 2 minutes later it would settle on the right yardage. It misses more shots than arccos and the analytics are very mediocre at the moment.
Arccos shots gained is really an eye opener as you can see how you perform against any handicap level and helps you know what to work on.

The app is also amazing for the cake GPS features

That said what I don't like about arccos is the need to keep the device in front pocket running the whole time draining battery though I suppose the link would be one fix. Wish they would have released a watch to do what the link does and show yardage too.

Would I hand into the shot scope hoping they implement shots gained as they seem to have indicated or switch back to the biker setup of the Archos but with better data.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Does anybody know how to chance the language in the App. I am from Germany, and I don't know how, but the system language on the app is German, but I think it was translated with google translate, and I don't understand very much of the text. So I won't to change the language to English. Thanks

L1+L5 doesn’t actually improve accuracy, it’s merely if you are having trouble picking up a signal with just L1. Is that correct? And I’ve deactivated the lock button feature. Wasn’t an issue I ever had. I assume with it active, you would need to keep unlocking the watch before recording your putts each hole.

my understanding is that if you have the watch in GPS l1 mode then you are using it in the typical fashion of all GPS watches that you are using only one frequency to pick up yardages which means that your range of error is usually in the range of two to three meters. If you use l1 and l5 together then if there are the appropriate number of l5 satellites that can be picked up by the watch that is when you get the accuracy down to 30 cm as advertised by shot scope. I think right now depending on where you live in the world the access to those additional satellite frequencies is somewhat limited those should improve over the coming year or two as more are added.

Here's a new one, anyone else have the app throw in a ghost hole after ending your round? Last 3 times I used it when I was done it would show 1 hole and 3 shots on the score card but no tracer on the map.
Screenshot_20200907-125028_Shot Scope.jpg
Emailed support to see what they say. 🤔

Here's a new one, anyone else have the app throw in a ghost hole after ending your round? Last 3 times I used it when I was done it would show 1 hole and 3 shots on the score card but no tracer on the map.
View attachment 8962386
That has happened the last three times I've played! I don't know if it is before or after I hit the "end round?" button but it is always three strokes and always on the 18th hole.

Yes, I have seen this too. I think it is to do with the Pin Collection. Mine does it on the 9th or 18th depending on if I am playing 18 or 9 holes. Its almost like it thinks I have started the first again when entering the Pin Collection information

View attachment 8962386
Been seeing that on Friday and Saturday Rounds with the 18th hole. Didn’t happen today.

I’m done with this! How a company can release a product that is clearly not up to the job is completely beyond me! Watch stopped tracking shots on the 12th hole today. Not matter what I did, the watch wouldn’t register any shots. Round after round, this thing just fails to perform! If you are thinking of getting one of these, my advice, is seriously, don’t!!!!

So I’ve had my V3 now for 26 days, approximately 7 rounds played I’ve had various errors of missing shots, assigning the wrong club and various adjustments to pins on the greens.

However, today was a different animal. I shot an 82 at a course I’ve already logged 2 rounds on the watch. It recorded 3 shots. I mean, I don’t even know how that happened??it was a blue sky day. The watch loaded the course while I was in the parking lot, a short walk from the first tee. It seemed to register every club I pulled via the watch face showing said club. I did not edit my round of 79 missing shots. I also have the most up to date firmware. I’m not sure this is going to last with me. I’ve had GameGolf and Arccos in the past. Never have they recorded so few shots as V3 did today. I’m just at a loss.

After waiting for over a week without a response to my email from their support team, I finally had enough. I have returned my V3 and asked for a refund. The concept of this technology is solid, but I have just not been able to extract the value from this I expected to. Others have had great success but in the end it all comes down to my experience and I just cannot pay $250 for a product that is underwhelming in it's delivery. Good luck to all who have theirs and it works for them. I have no ill-will towards the Shot Scope team. know they are trying their best. It just wasn't to be for this user.

I’m done with this! How a company can release a product that is clearly not up to the job is completely beyond me! Watch stopped tracking shots on the 12th hole today. Not matter what I did, the watch wouldn’t register any shots. Round after round, this thing just fails to perform! If you are thinking of getting one of these, my advice, is seriously, don’t!!!!
Have they ever offered to replace yours? I know you have been having issues since you first got it. It's too bad. I don't blame you for moving on.

Back