I'm pretty excited to get this set-up and start seeing hard data, especially regarding distances, rather than my best guesses :LOL:

I'm pretty excited to get this set-up and start seeing hard data, especially regarding distances, rather than my best guesses :LOL:
Definitely a eye opener! I really like that they are starting to do strokes gained and making some good moves to improve.

If it’s buried in the thread apologies, but does anyone know if the sensors can attach to the Ping adjustable putter grips?

Definitely a eye opener! I really like that they are starting to do strokes gained and making some good moves to improve.
Yeah the strokes gained stuff is going to be cool to see, and I'm sure also very humbling :LOL:

So no one has converted over from a Garmin setup then?

If it’s buried in the thread apologies, but does anyone know if the sensors can attach to the Ping adjustable putter grips?

If you buy the $30 putter sensor pack on their site 2 of the sensors come without the threaded end and instead it's a 3M sticker

This really puts things in perspective. Hit the ball quite well but couldn’t make a putt outside of a tap in. Thankfully I have a new putter en route to give me hope.
72586E0E-5FEA-4E48-A39F-753973914F6F.png

Got this all set-up and ready to go for the season, can't wait! Question, what do you guys do with your watch when not in-use? Do you just keep it in your golf bag or somewhere else? I was thinking I'd just put it in my bag but then thought maybe that wouldn't be the best idea since the watch does seem like it could be damaged.

Got this all set-up and ready to go for the season, can't wait! Question, what do you guys do with your watch when not in-use? Do you just keep it in your golf bag or somewhere else? I was thinking I'd just put it in my bag but then thought maybe that wouldn't be the best idea since the watch does seem like it could be damaged.
I just leave mine in my truck console and plug it in the day before I plan on golfing. First thing in the morning, I either put it on or throw it in the bag.

If you buy the $30 putter sensor pack on their site 2 of the sensors come without the threaded end and instead it's a 3M sticker
I don't know if the putter sensor can be screwed into the Ping adjustable putters. They could not be screwed into any of my Stroke Lab putters. If you don't want to spend the additional $30 for the putter sensor pack, just cut the threads off the putter tag. I have done that and use a combination of a little glue and then electrical tape. Or, if you use the manual putting mode where you hit a button on the watch over your ball every time you putt then you don't even need a putter tag.

I don't know if the putter sensor can be screwed into the Ping adjustable putters. They could not be screwed into any of my Stroke Lab putters. If you don't want to spend the additional $30 for the putter sensor pack, just cut the threads off the putter tag. I have done that and use a combination of a little glue and then electrical tape. Or, if you use the manual putting mode where you hit a button on the watch over your ball every time you putt then you don't even need a putter tag.
Thanks!

I still am having lots of glitches with mine. I would love this device if it would accurately record the correct clubs, not add phantom shots or miss some shots. When it happens four or five times every round, it is too much of a hassle to go back and edit, at least for me. I am close to giving up on this one.

I’ve just got one but will need to wait for courses to reopen in the uk to try it out.
14 days and counting

I've been thinking hard about getting one of these but if there are issues with it then I may have to wait to see if that gets fixed. It would be pretty awesome to see my data throughout the season.

Thank you again @THP and @Shot Scope for this great prize!

General observations from unboxing:
1. The sensors seem smaller and lighter weight than what I remember of the Arcoss system. They are the diameter of a nickle and about 2x as tall.
2. The band is rubbery. It feels good on the skin but has some stretch to it.
3. The double clasp system is interesting. Don’t wear it tight (the band stretches) otherwise it can be a little challenging to take it off. I was worse than a 13yo trying to unclasp his first bra...
4. The watch came out of the box with a 60% charge. I am fully charging it. The system is easy - for those who haven’t used smart watches before see the pictures below where the teeth align (phone to charger)
5. The watch is an interesting size. Compared to traditional watches it seems a bit big. But compared to prior model and other smart devices I suspect it’s rather small. It’s height measured about half the height of a nickel

43591986-5199-40CE-AC05-D8E6C4C8A967.jpeg
127E4D11-E296-4D63-AE8B-E35004FB3FF5.jpeg
7C0B8C6F-1CF8-40CE-99AA-57C3E29372F5.jpeg
B5F790E0-6677-4884-8EE3-32C1C9F78417.jpeg
50E4E839-1903-44CF-9A35-DFA2686C2084.jpeg
6070937D-1732-47FE-9109-D5EE4C6182C1.jpeg

Last edited:

I had a ping adjustable putter when I had game golf. Their tags are almost identical as shot scope tags. I cut the threaded part off using a dremel cut off wheel and then attached the tag to the grip using clear silicon adhesive. It worked pretty well and is removable if need be and with some elbow grease the silicon can be scraped off the tag with a utility knife and reused. With shot scope I use the manual putting feature and don’t use a tag on my putter. I simply use the watch to tag each putt location and the pin location.

I still am having lots of glitches with mine. I would love this device if it would accurately record the correct clubs, not add phantom shots or miss some shots. When it happens four or five times every round, it is too much of a hassle to go back and edit, at least for me. I am close to giving up on this one.

Did you contact them for a replacement?

I’ve had no issues going back to last season with mine. You may just have a lemon. My only issue was the first time I played this one course. It kinda locked up for a couple holes. Then it resumed a few holes later. When I uploaded my round I saw it confused a green on an adjacent hole. I contacted shot scope and they had it remapped and my shots fixed within a day or two.

Certainly not my experience at all! The only missed shots I've had are when I chunk a shot, say in the bunker, and it doesn't travel far enough for the next swing to be detected as another shot to be counted, or if I fail to tap the button in manual putting mode. The only extra shots I have experienced, and they are not really extra, is with multiple layers on due to the cold, so either my sleeve or glove presses one of the buttons on the watch on or around the green.

One thing I am somewhat careful about is when I grab a club or clubs from the bag I don't hold the grip end close enough to the watch to be detected until I've made up my mind on club selection and start my pre-shot routine. Also, once my round starts I don't take practice shots such as chipping around the tee while waiting for the fairway to clear, or similar.

I had the same issues the first time using it. One consistent problem I had was that the watch was not registering the club I was going to hit with fast enough. There were multiple instances where it would register Driver on the tee-box, but when I went to hit my second shot the watch still was registering driver. What I learned was that if I hold the sensor of the club I was about to hit near the watch for a second or two, the watch would recognize the new club, and the display would change accordingly. When I started doing that before each shot (holding the sensor near the watch) it did not miss one time. For me, that process has made the watch work exactly like I hoped it would. Hope this helps.

I had the same issues the first time using it. One consistent problem I had was that the watch was not registering the club I was going to hit with fast enough. There were multiple instances where it would register Driver on the tee-box, but when I went to hit my second shot the watch still was registering driver. What I learned was that if I hold the sensor of the club I was about to hit near the watch for a second or two, the watch would recognize the new club, and the display would change accordingly. When I started doing that before each shot (holding the sensor near the watch) it did not miss one time. For me, that process has made the watch work exactly like I hoped it would. Hope this helps.
I think in the instructions it says to take a practice swing prior to each shot for the new club to register. Either method works. I was just pointing this out in case people were not aware that it takes a wiggle of the tag near the watch, a practice swing or just place it by the watch for a couple seconds. It’s nice they added the little box on the watch to show which club is currently tagged.

Mine had all kinds of flaws and was not working right for a while when I first got it. I got one of the preorder ones. I feel like it has gotten much better then it was with all the firm wear updates since. Part of me wants to try to exchange it and see if some of the issues I am still having ( which are MUCH less) are user error or I have a lemon. Or I might just be expecting too much out of it. I do find it mostly handy for a quick distance check on front, middle and back are to help calibrate my non stock swings. I mainly hope they keep updating the data fields and such I found that information a bit poorly presented, stokes gained is a big step up. I am a bit confused on why they started off with tour pro instead of scratch. Most people just want to know that, not how much better the guy making millions is. Overall it is a fun little toy to nerd out on, but I do not expect it to be perfect at this point.

Mine had all kinds of flaws and was not working right for a while when I first got it. I got one of the preorder ones. I feel like it has gotten much better then it was with all the firm wear updates since. Part of me wants to try to exchange it and see if some of the issues I am still having ( which are MUCH less) are user error or I have a lemon. Or I might just be expecting too much out of it. I do find it mostly handy for a quick distance check on front, middle and back are to help calibrate my non stock swings. I mainly hope they keep updating the data fields and such I found that information a bit poorly presented, stokes gained is a big step up. I am a bit confused on why they started off with tour pro instead of scratch. Most people just want to know that, not how much better the guy making millions is. Overall it is a fun little toy to nerd out on, but I do not expect it to be perfect at this point.
you are very patient. I expect products to work. I’ve not had good luck with electronics in this general space And I am hoping for a better luck with this product.

you are very patient. I expect products to work. I’ve not had good luck with electronics in this general space And I am hoping for a better luck with this product.
I knew when I bought it that since I was getting a deal, I was basically a beta tester for them. Normally I wait a good while before I order something electronic or "cutting edge"

Back