The 2nd time out was substantially better than the first. And I’m starting to figure some things out. The numbers for shots on the green were clearly wrong for 2 or 3 holes but once I figured out how to edit that was easily remedied. I get that people may be bummed about the stuff around the greens but if today’s experience is indicative of the normal,experience then color me impressed. This is the 3rd or 4th electronics measuring device I’ve tried and it looks like it may be the best. I think I’d pay out of pocket for it.

For those who haven’t read the entire thread..
1. Setup the device well in advance of your first round
2. Download the app
3. Play your round.
4. Sync the device / upload rounds.
5. Go to a PC, log in, edit anything that needs editing.
6. Sign out.
7. Access stats

This is what I used to do with Game Golf. I have to use the manual putting mode with the v3 because I have a counterweighted grip anyway, so life goes on. Which means I still need to keep a manual scorecard.

Just wrapped up my first course action of the year with the Shot Scope. I'm pretty pleased with the experience from start to finish. I did make the mistake of waiting to get on the tee before starting a round, instead of 5 minutes before as they recommend so I did have to wait for the GPS to link up but lesson learned. I had no issue with picking up the tags, tracking the putting, or any other in round action. I did have some editing to do as I played multiple balls since it was my first round and, to say the least, it didn't go well. The editing, done on my laptop, was a little clunky but still very manageable. All in all I've very satisfied, and hope to actually start making contact with the face of the club so I can get some actionable data.

Okay, I just found out that I have to set manual putt mode using the app on my smartphone. Any more surprises? Does the manual putt mode actually work the way it does in the video? 1) just stand over your ball and press the top right button before you putt; 2) when you miss your putt go to the next position and stand over your ball and press the top right button again. Tap it in. 3) stand next to the hole and press the bottom right button to record the pin position.

Then move onto the next hole.

Does it really work like that or has it changed so that I need to carry my phone with me now to do that crap?

Or should I just grab my 48" putter and use the putting disk?

Okay, I just found out that I have to set manual putt mode using the app on my smartphone. Any more surprises? Does the manual putt mode actually work the way it does in the video? 1) just stand over your ball and press the top right button before you putt; 2) when you miss your putt go to the next position and stand over your ball and press the top right button again. Tap it in. 3) stand next to the hole and press the bottom right button to record the pin position.

Does it really work like that or has it changed so that I need to carry my phone with me now to do that crap?

With shot scope you don’t need a phone at all during a round. You tap the button on the watch to mark each putt then hit the pin button to mark the flag. Pretty simple really.

Anyone experience watch GPS not finding course even if your standing at the course. Course is mapped with shot scope but watch would not find it?

Is it showing a course nearby perhaps? I belonged to a course last year that when the watch synched with the satellites the course shown was one that was right next door. However, I was able to cycle through to my course as there were arrows in either direction using the two buttons on the bottom of the watch

I think you can set it right on the watch. If you unlock the watch, choose settings, and then scroll over to Putting you can change it from auto to manual and vice versa.

This thread is so interesting to read! Currently I'm using a Garmin S60, without the additional sensors. I'm pretty happy with it on the course, but I miss stats compared to systems like Arccos or this interesting shot scope! The Garmin golf app is a joke, especially considering the price of the hardware if you want all clubs with sensors!

What I used to get more detailed stats is the app "Fore" from foresight sports (annual subscription). You can leave the smartphone in the pocket and it detects shots you made. If detailed putting is needed, you can edit after the round or add putts and pin position while on the green. Pretty much like on the watch V3. The stats are super detailed and focus especially on strokes gained, which is why I like it so far and apparently it is used on European tour, kornferrry tour and the ladies tours (mainly in Europe as ist was invented by a German guy as far as I know).

Has anybody used this app before and can compare it to shot scope? I like what I read a lot and I think it can provide similar detailed stats but with less editing...

Is it showing a course nearby perhaps? I belonged to a course last year that when the watch synched with the satellites the course shown was one that was right next door. However, I was able to cycle through to my course as there were arrows in either direction using the two buttons on the bottom of the watch
No, it stated it could not find a course within 1km if though I was standing at Pumpkin Ridge and there are courses next to each other

No, it stated it could not find a course within 1km if though I was standing at Pumpkin Ridge and there are courses next to each other
I'd contact their customer service. It has been outstanding for me.

I had this problem because the zip code wasn't mapped with the course. Couldn't find it and I was in the parking lot. Haven't reached out to customer service yet

If you're having a problem looking at the course hub after the update ie: just spinning and not doing anything, there's a fix. Log into your account online and change your home club. Log out, then log back in and change it back. The course hub should now work.

Okay I just played 9 holes with it. I forgot to watch the video about how to finish the round so I had to wing it on the course. It took a while to find the course since it was the first time. It found the correct course. I forgot to manually input the putts a few times. I am going to have to manually correct the round, but I don't think I'm going to bother since it was a practice round anyway - first time out for the year. I know I hit a ball from the wrong place on the 6th hole because a playing partner thought he found a lost ball and picked it up, so that's supposed to be a 2 stroke penalty but **** it. I haven't uploaded the round yet. We'll see how it did.

Has anybody ever had the gps completely malfunction during a round? Yesterday, I arrived on hole 15 of my home course. From the blue tees, it plays between 190 and 205 yards, yet the watch showed the hole as playing about 180 yards. Then, hole 16 is approximately 380 yards, but the watch showed it as around 500 yards. The watch then froze up and would not advance to holes 17 or 18.

I want this to work so badly. I have been an Arccos user for several years and like the small sensors used by Shot Scope relative to the screw in sensors utilized by Arccos. It allows you to move to different iron sets as compared to having either the bulkier screw in sensors or sensors embedded into the grips. However, yesterday’s round was close to, if not, the last straw. My app has continued to miss shots, record the wrong club, has now frozen up as explained above and, finally, the watch strap buckle broke yesterday, even though I have been ultra careful with it. I am sort of shrugging at this juncture.

Has anybody ever had the gps completely malfunction during a round? Yesterday, I arrived on hole 15 of my home course. From the blue tees, it plays between 190 and 205 yards, yet the watch showed the hole as playing about 180 yards. Then, hole 16 is approximately 380 yards, but the watch showed it as around 500 yards. The watch then froze up and would not advance to holes 17 or 18.

I want this to work so badly. I have been an Arccos user for several years and like the small sensors used by Shot Scope relative to the screw in sensors utilized by Arccos. It allows you to move to different iron sets as compared to having either the bulkier screw in sensors or sensors embedded into the grips. However, yesterday’s round was close to, if not, the last straw. My app has continued to miss shots, record the wrong club, has now frozen up as explained above and, finally, the watch strap buckle broke yesterday, even though I have been ultra careful with it. I am sort of shrugging at this juncture.
Yes I have had it do that before, had to turn off and back on and it lost the data from the holes before. Also had it tell me wrong yardages. Could just be mapping thing but still sucked to trust something and it be wrong.

I somehow deleted my round from my watch before I uploaded it. Don't ask me how, but I managed to do it. These new fangled complicated devices that don't come with instruction manuals and instead leave to fumble for trying to watch a ##@@!! youtube video on the golf course.

Last two times out have been meh. First, I travelled to play a new course and was excited to use the Shot Scope but got n a hurry and forgot to wear the watch. Duh. 2nd time the sensor on my putter broke off and that through off the stats.ill be contacting Shot Scope for a replacement

2nd time the sensor on my putter broke off and that through off the stats.ill be contacting Shot Scope for a replacement
Just use the manual putting mode. Don't even need the putter tag.

Just loaded Shot Scope onto the OL for my next round and excited to be back in the fold.

Just loaded Shot Scope onto the OL for my next round and excited to be back in the fold.
Do you prefer SS over Arcoss and if so why?

Do you prefer SS over Arcoss and if so why?

I like them both.
For me, Shot Scope is easy to use, with no subscription fees. It has worked incredibly well for me and for the money is a really good aid in giving me all kinds of data.

I like them both.
For me, Shot Scope is easy to use, with no subscription fees. It has worked incredibly well for me and for the money is a really good aid in giving me all kinds of data.
I like SS myself and am interested in how Arcoss compares once my MC bag gets here. I will probably end up next year regripping and going back to SS just for the subscription $ savings as long as Arcoss doesn't blow me away.

Are a player's ShotScope shot tracking results submitted to ShotScope ? Or are the results/data private to the player?

Are a player's ShotScope shot tracking results submitted to ShotScope ? Or are the results/data private to the player?
Players choice, you can share or not.

Back