I am still really enjoying my V3 but I do wish they'd include more than vs. a Tour Pro for Strokes Gained. Doesn't feel like a particularly good standard to measure yourself against for a 10-15 handicap.

I am still really enjoying my V3 but I do wish they'd include more than vs. a Tour Pro for Strokes Gained. Doesn't feel like a particularly good standard to measure yourself against for a 10-15 handicap.
Their last email stated that is something they are working on, hope to see it soon.

The watch band on mine broke. I decided to give this one more try, so I ordered a new band and an entire new set of sensors. This may have been mentioned in the thread, but I have not seen it. When you change the band, you‘ll notice that there is an electronic connector, that connects the band and the watch. I wondered what it was for. However, I noticed that part of my display now was a teal/blue color, the same color as the band. See the photo below.

My round today was probably the most accurate that I have had with ShotScope. It only missed one shot, where it recorded a 9 iron as a 7 iron. I corrected it during the edit process and it was no big deal.. If I can continue to have that much accuracy, I will be on board.

E94D015A-5C6C-4B46-9B3F-1F95B02AA13D.jpeg

Played with the shot scope on my round today. I really enjoyed it and the accuracy was spot on. Of course I forgot to turn it off Friday after updating the course I was playing so it died on #14 but that's a me problem. Editing a round that it dies on is a bit of a pain but it's doable on the laptop. I will say playing with people it's definitely easy to forget to log your putts but I managed to do it. Can't wait to get my game in shape so the data is on actual shots rather than shanks but so far I'm thrilled.

So the last few times out have been marginal fails on my part with regard to using the Shot Scope. I left the watch in the hotel room for one round. I never could get the sensor to lay flush with the top of my putter grip...eventually it broke off. I haven't bought a replacement yet, so the stats portion of the product have been mostly un-usuable. But I have worn the watch and used it as a GPS device and I've been happy. I like the convenience of not using a laser for everything. And the wrist band is comfortable.

So the last few times out have been marginal fails on my part with regard to using the Shot Scope. I left the watch in the hotel room for one round. I never could get the sensor to lay flush with the top of my putter grip...eventually it broke off. I haven't bought a replacement yet, so the stats portion of the product have been mostly un-usuable. But I have worn the watch and used it as a GPS device and I've been happy. I like the convenience of not using a laser for everything. And the wrist band is comfortable.
You can either clip off a piece of the screw part of the sensor or buy a pack of putter sensors, some of which are applied with an adhesive. The adhesive is very permanent, so I would only suggest it with a putter with which you have a long term commitment.

You can't screw the tag in far enough on Stroke Lab putters to get it to lay flush due to the backweight. If you still have the tag, cut the threads off and glue it or tape it to the putter. Or you can just use the manual putting method, hitting a button from each place you putt from then the pin collect button at the hole when done. No need for a tag at all doing it that way.

The only challenge I have found with manual putting is it sometimes turn on when i am chipping just off the green

You can't screw the tag in far enough on Stroke Lab putters to get it to lay flush due to the backweight. If you still have the tag, cut the threads off and glue it or tape it to the putter. Or you can just use the manual putting method, hitting a button from each place you putt from then the pin collect button at the hole when done. No need for a tag at all doing it that way.
I cut the treads off and use Duct Tape to hold it on.
I think ShotScope has a tag available for purchase that will fit backweighted putters.

Forgot to mention as I don't know just how familiar you are with the watch, but you have to change to the manual putting method on the watch itself in Settings.

Disappointingly, my second watch is defective again. The sensor only picks up the tag when basically touching it to the watch
Repalced once for same.
My dear is the straps over time must have the transmitters antenna break down and signal range is less.

This product seems half baked because of this
Will send back again and will be without my watch for 2nd time during golf season.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

They just released a refinement to the Shots Gained on the app. Really digs down into the "why". Still only compared to Pros but other handicap comparisons are supposedly only weeks away. Must update to the latest version of the app.

Great news they sent me a replacement watch. Turn around time was only a week and new one seems to pick up the tags from 7 cm away compared to only 3 to 4 with the previous watch.

Hoping this will lead to proper readings.

Their customer service had been top notch!

Been interested in a GPS watch for some time as I do not enjoy pulling out the rangefinder for each shot, often not bothering and simply estimating the distances. The ShotScope sounds like it could be for me, and providing data can only help my game. That said, I had a few (probably naive) questions about the V3.

1) How quick is the watch to recognize the course you are playing? Or do you need to download the course in each time?

2) How does it tell the distance of a shot? do you need to go to the ball and then tap something (or the watch)?

3) If the ball goes out of bounds -what do you do with the watch? Is there a feature where you can record the extra stroke?

4) Those who made the purchase last year, are you still using it? What were the biggest problems you have encountered the past year?

Thanks.

Been interested in a GPS watch for some time as I do not enjoy pulling out the rangefinder for each shot, often not bothering and simply estimating the distances. The ShotScope sounds like it could be for me, and providing data can only help my game. That said, I had a few (probably naive) questions about the V3.

1) How quick is the watch to recognize the course you are playing? Or do you need to download the course in each time?

2) How does it tell the distance of a shot? do you need to go to the ball and then tap something (or the watch)?

3) If the ball goes out of bounds -what do you do with the watch? Is there a feature where you can record the extra stroke?

4) Those who made the purchase last year, are you still using it? What were the biggest problems you have encountered the past year?

Thanks.
(1) The courses are pre-loaded on the V3 watch, if its in their database, but it does take a minute or so for the GPS to lock in and find where you're at. You'll want to do this before you get to the 1st tee box.

If there are multiple courses nearby, the watch will give you a list to choose from.

(2) Shot locations are detected by the watch band based on the screw-in tag in the club you use. From these locations, it calculates the distance between consecutive shots, after both are recorded.

A recently added feature calculates the distance from the last recorded shot. If you access this on the way to your ball, the number will increase as you get farther away from the last shot location. There is no tapping, like Game Golf, to record a shot.

There are automatic and manual putting modes to choose from, as well.

(3) Penalties

(4) I have the tags on a secondary set, but they haven't gotten much use recently. I still use the watch, as I like the convenience of F/M/B yardages at times, as opposed to using the rangefinder each shot. The yardages to hazards are nice to have, too.

The biggest problems I've had are course mapping issues. Some of the maps on the desktop dashboard are not large enough to cover some parts of the hole (e.g., on a sharp dogleg, some of the fairway is cut off). Some holes also have tee boxes and fairways marked incorrectly. Their customer service has been very responsive to the requests I've made to fix some of these.

Last edited:
I largely agree with Duffer.

My biggest issues are me. I forget to record the putts at the hole, which skews approach shot and putt distance stats. I forget to bring the watch. Stuff like that.

I quite like the convenience of getting F/M/B numbers to the green and hazards.

The watch usually takes a minute or two to find the course. If you start it as you exit your car or as you pay your greens fee you’ll be fine. If you start on the first tee it may not be ready by the time you tee off.

Overall I’m very happy with the product.

They just released a refinement to the Shots Gained on the app. Really digs down into the "why". Still only compared to Pros but other handicap comparisons are supposedly only weeks away. Must update to the latest version of the app.
Where are you seeing the strokes gained info?

I have an iPhone so it may be different on an Android. I tap performance at the bottom of the "Rounds" page. Then, for example, if you tap on Tee shots or any other category but "Clubs", it defaults to "Overview" at the top. Tap on "Strokes Gained" to the right of that and the Strokes Gained for that category, Tee Shots, Approaches, Short Game and Putting is broken down in great detail. Another view of Strokes Gained is under Scoring. Again, tap Strokes Gained at the top to see a more traditional, all-in-one view of your Strokes Gained.

Hope my instructions are clear. Any questions PM me.

For those of you who are considering this, like I am, note that the price dropped at Dick's and Golf Galaxy to $199.99 from $219.99. PGATourSuperstore still has it at $219.99.

So, I have been reading through this thread and a lot of this info has me excited as I have the V3 on the way to me. I do have some questions for those of you that are and have been using this watch:

1. How does it differentiate between practice swings and real swings, especially with the putter?

2. I putt left hand low. Has anyone that putts this way that has the watch have an issue with registering the putts in Auto mode or should I just use Manual as a safety?

3. Do you have to select manual mode for putting each round or is it once you set it, that is what is selected until you choose auto?

4. Has anyone played a 9 hole course vs an 18 hole course and the watch knows if you play the 9 holes twice to play a full 18?

5. If only playing 9 holes instead of a traditional 18, how does the watch know?

6. Do you select penalties (i.e., ball goes OB or in the water or bunker) during the round or is this done during post round editing?

7. What if you have zero putts (i.e., you chip in or hole out)? I have only noticed you all saying 1, 2, 3, or 4 as the options on the screen. How does one track this?

Thanks in advance! I have read through this thread and probably missed some of this info, so sorry if I have asked something that has already been answered, lol.

1. How does it differentiate between practice swings and real swings, especially with the putter? The fact that you have moved to a different location more than some small unidentified distance from the spot of your last shot is the best I can figure.

2. I putt left hand low. Has anyone that putts this way that has the watch have an issue with registering the putts in Auto mode or should I just use Manual as a safety? I've occasionally for a given putt used left hand low and can't recall if I've had issues or not in auto mode. You can always try it and add putts when editing after the round. I think it might depend on how far down the grip your lead hand is from the watch band. Some say to tap the watch band .

3. Do you have to select manual mode for putting each round or is it once you set it, that is what is selected until you choose auto? Any setting selected is set until you change it. No need to do it for every round.

5. If only playing 9 holes instead of a traditional 18, how does the watch know? Haven't played just 9 but I think you can go into settings and you have the option to "end round".

6. Do you select penalties (i.e., ball goes OB or in the water or bunker) during the round or is this done during post round editing? Either way. I personally wait until editing.

7. What if you have zero putts (i.e., you chip in or hole out)? I have only noticed you all saying 1, 2, 3, or 4 as the options on the screen. How does one track this? In Auto mode, pin collect screen shows 1,2 or 3 putts and an arrow bottom right. Push that button and the next scree offers you 0 and 4 as well as the option to "pick up". Also, those numbers are to represent the number of times you use the putter, not the number of putts taken on the green.

Awesome! Thank you for answering these! I can't wait to get mine in so I can really see where I need improvement over what I think I need improvement on or to see if it matches what I think or not. I am going to be taking some lessons starting next month, so getting this data will be great for between lessons to have for the instructor.

Still very much enjoying my ShotScope. Ease of use is really good. My only quibble with it right now, and this may be a me problem, is it doesn't seem to do a great job getting the pin location on the greens. Now when I record I usually walk up to the hole, grab my ball, and hit the button to record and immediately walk away. Perhaps I should linger by the hole for a moment before or after recording the number of putts?

Back