Still very much enjoying my ShotScope. Ease of use is really good. My only quibble with it right now, and this may be a me problem, is it doesn't seem to do a great job getting the pin location on the greens. Now when I record I usually walk up to the hole, grab my ball, and hit the button to record and immediately walk away. Perhaps I should linger by the hole for a moment before or after recording the number of putts?
I try to get as close to the pin as I can when I hit enter how many putts.
I accept that it's not perfect or if the green has a lot of branches on around it, it's not going to get it exactly.
Tell you what, now golfing with it for 4+ years, I wouldn't want to golf without it.

So, I have been reading through this thread and a lot of this info has me excited as I have the V3 on the way to me. I do have some questions for those of you that are and have been using this watch:

1. How does it differentiate between practice swings and real swings, especially with the putter?

2. I putt left hand low. Has anyone that putts this way that has the watch have an issue with registering the putts in Auto mode or should I just use Manual as a safety?

3. Do you have to select manual mode for putting each round or is it once you set it, that is what is selected until you choose auto?

4. Has anyone played a 9 hole course vs an 18 hole course and the watch knows if you play the 9 holes twice to play a full 18?

5. If only playing 9 holes instead of a traditional 18, how does the watch know?

6. Do you select penalties (i.e., ball goes OB or in the water or bunker) during the round or is this done during post round editing?

7. What if you have zero putts (i.e., you chip in or hole out)? I have only noticed you all saying 1, 2, 3, or 4 as the options on the screen. How does one track this?

Thanks in advance! I have read through this thread and probably missed some of this info, so sorry if I have asked something that has already been answered, lol.
Phil#s pretty much nailed the answers. I am popping in to confirm you simply End Round. Not asked but important - be sure to take a practice swing or two with the club you are going to hit so the watch records the club.

Phil#s pretty much nailed the answers. I am popping in to confirm you simply End Round. Not asked but important - be sure to take a practice swing or two with the club you are going to hit so the watch records the club.
Thanks man! The only one that I'm trying to figure out is if I play my local 9 hole course (which I do a lot because it's close), but walk it twice if I have to do 2 separate rounds or if I can pick 18 holes.

Still very much enjoying my ShotScope. Ease of use is really good. My only quibble with it right now, and this may be a me problem, is it doesn't seem to do a great job getting the pin location on the greens. Now when I record I usually walk up to the hole, grab my ball, and hit the button to record and immediately walk away. Perhaps I should linger by the hole for a moment before or after recording the number of putts?

From my understanding, yes, you should linger over the hole for a few seconds.

I try to get as close to the pin as I can when I hit enter how many putts.
I accept that it's not perfect or if the green has a lot of branches on around it, it's not going to get it exactly.
Tell you what, now golfing with it for 4+ years, I wouldn't want to golf without it.
I definitely still love it, just sort of noticed that little quirk over the last few rounds. I'm usually pretty quick so as not to hold up playing partners but will start give it just a couple more seconds. I usually run right up and tap the number right there but it's probably unreasonable to expect it to pin it exactly in microseconds.

Another question I just thought of....

Has anyone used it in a tournament, say a 4 man scramble where actual numbers would be skewed, but use it for distance purposes and then delete the round after? I guess the overall question is does the app allow you to delete a round like that?

You don't have to delete the round. When you start you can choose GPS only instead of GPS+track. I did GPS only this weekend when the winds were so crazy I knew it would mess up my average yardages for all my clubs.

Has anyone used it in a tournament, say a 4 man scramble where actual numbers would be skewed, but use it for distance purposes and then delete the round after? I guess the overall question is does the app allow you to delete a round like that?
And if you want to, you can record the round but never edit it, it won't go against your stats.

IIRC you can edit or delete any round

So it arrived today. Got it setup and bag setup in the app. Watch is charging now. Hopes is to get to use it this weekend after drill on Saturday and maybe even Friday evening. Super easy to setup. Used @Phil75070 advice about the putter sensor and cut 2 threads off and it sat great in the putter.
D1757AF6-A582-45E4-9F8C-FBEF7C38F97F.jpeg

So it arrived today. Got it setup and bag setup in the app. Watch is charging now. Hopes is to get to use it this weekend after drill on Saturday and maybe even Friday evening. Super easy to setup. Used @Phil75070 advice about the putter sensor and cut 2 threads off and it sat great in the putter.
View attachment 9011913
Follow the directions

Follow the directions
It's already setup. Seems super easy to use. Just need to decide if I am going to do the auto or manual putting and I am going to download the manual from online and read it as well.

So I am reading through the user guide and wondering about "track" mode only. Is this more for the range or what would be the best use of this?

.....the putter sensor and cut 2 threads off and it sat great in the putter.

I would criss-cross the putter tag with electrical tape as well.

....about "track" mode only.

There is no way to use this device for the range as you have to move to the result of your shot for it to track the distance of your shot. Track mode would be for tournaments where no distance measuring is allowed. Eliminates the GPS yardages being shown. It would still "track" all the performance data for your round.

I would criss-cross the putter tag with electrical tape as well.

There is no way to use this device for the range as you have to move to the result of your shot for it to track the distance of your shot. Track mode would be for tournaments where no distance measuring is allowed. Eliminates the GPS yardages being shown. It would still "track" all the performance data for your round.
Ah this makes sense now. As far as electrical tape goes, do you have it on yours? Just would like to see a pic of it to see if it looks weird...

Ah this makes sense now. As far as electrical tape goes, do you have it on yours? Just would like to see a pic of it to see if it looks weird...
I used Duct Tape in Black - Cut in half long ways and Criss-Crossed it

IMG_0621.jpgIMG_0622.jpg

And if you want to, you can record the round but never edit it, it won't go against your stats.
Deleting rounds is always an option but you can still edit it but choose not to include it in your performance stats by unchecking the box before signing off:

1623155058283.png

That doesn't look bad. I was able to get mine to sit flush on the butt of the grip, so wonder if I need the tape. I also have the larger strokelab grip, not the pistol. Is the pistol what you have?
That's on the larger Stroke Lab that came with the Double-Wide. If you are concerned you can always go with the manual mode for putting, in which case you don't even need the putter tag.

That looks better than mine does - Well Done!
It doesn't seem to affect the tag being captured/recognized by the watch band either. As I have been switching among three putters I ordered their set of three putter tags so I don't have to go back and forth with the one tag which also gives me an extra, just in case. :D

That's on the larger Stroke Lab that came with the Double-Wide. If you are concerned you can always go with the manual mode for putting, in which case you don't even need the putter tag.
I'll probably put some electrical tape on there tonight once I get home for the day. If I can do auto mode, I would rather do it. The big thing will be if it's detected with my left hand low grip. I read in the manual it has to be within 10cm to read it, but we will see. Worst case I will bump it against the band like you suggested and if that doesn't work, then just switch to manual mode.

Has anywhere been said how long the sensors will last? As in before they go dead?

I'll probably put some electrical tape on there tonight once I get home for the day. If I can do auto mode, I would rather do it. The big thing will be if it's detected with my left hand low grip. I read in the manual it has to be within 10cm to read it, but we will see. Worst case I will bump it against the band like you suggested and if that doesn't work, then just switch to manual mode.

Has anywhere been said how long the sensors will last? As in before they go dead?
If you use the "Show Club" feature you will know if the club in your hand, including putter if you are using the putter tag, has been picked up by the watch.

Not to say that a tag can't go bad but it should be rare as there are no batteries or anything like Arccos uses. I used Game Golf Classic for years which uses the same NFC technology and only experienced one tag in all that time that could no longer be detected. With a couple of extra tags, X1 and X2, unless you are carrying 16 clubs in your bag that should not be a major concern using the My Bag feature on their website "Dashboard".

Back