@Phil75070 - you are killing it in this thread. Well done!

@Phil75070 - you are killing it in this thread. Well done!
I'm kind of a technology geek to begin with and I did a lot of research before buying the V3. I think I read their user manual, every FAQ on their website, and viewed every review on YouTube before buying. :LOL: I think at one time or another since getting it last July I've experimented with every option in Settings.

When my tag broke, I super glued it to the grip. It worked great.
That is another good option, especially if you stick to one putter and typically don't change putter grips very often (or never like me!). For the set of 3 putter tags from Shot Scope, two have no threads but an adhesive disk on the underside. I also have some glue "dots" that I got off Amazon that can work really well, too. I guess I'm a suspenders and belt guy because I still use the electrical tape. :banghead:

If you use the "Show Club" feature you will know if the club in your hand, including putter if you are using the putter tag, has been picked up by the watch.

Not to say that a tag can't go bad but it should be rare as there are no batteries or anything like Arccos uses. I used Game Golf Classic for years which uses the same NFC technology and only experienced one tag in all that time that could no longer be detected. With a couple of extra tags, X1 and X2, unless you are carrying 16 clubs in your bag that should not be a major concern using the My Bag feature on their website "Dashboard".
I still use tags from the first set, still work (V3 Tags are said to be more accurate)
Just can't bang your clubs in to the bag.

That is another good option, especially if you stick to one putter and typically don't change putter grips very often (or never like me!). For the set of 3 putter tags from Shot Scope, two have no threads but an adhesive disk on the underside. I also have some glue "dots" that I got off Amazon that can work really well, too. I guess I'm a suspenders and belt guy because I still use the electrical tape. :banghead:
How did the glue dots work? I think I have some of those at the house and actually like that a little better than the electrical tape. I don't switch putters, so...

I still use tags from the first set, still work (V3 Tags are said to be more accurate)
Just can't bang your clubs in to the bag.
I will say this is one thing that worried me about putting the clubs back in the bag. I don't really ever slam my clubs in but sometimes they don't go all the way in because they are caught and once I hit a bump in the cart or with the push cart they fall to the bottom.

How did the glue dots work? I think I have some of those at the house and actually like that a little better than the electrical tape. I don't switch putters, so...
If I wanted to avoid the electrical tape and NOT use super glue, I think I'd use two of the glue dots. I also might consider using double-sided tape cut to match the shape of the tag and keep as much of the threads as I could and screw the tag through the double-sided tape, which can be fairly thick, into the hole in the grip.

If I wanted to avoid the electrical tape and NOT use super glue, I think I'd use two of the glue dots. I also might consider using double-sided tape cut to match the shape of the tag and keep as much of the threads as I could and screw the tag through the double-sided tape, which can be fairly thick, into the hole in the grip.
I have already cut 2 of the threads off of the sensor, so I may just have to use electrical tape to keep from removing the sensor a bunch of times to figure out which option is best. Thinking about it, electrical tape is probably the best so I'm not pulling the sensor out again.

I have already cut 2 of the threads off of the sensor, so I may just have to use electrical tape to keep from removing the sensor a bunch of times to figure out which option is best. Thinking about it, electrical tape is probably the best so I'm not pulling the sensor out again.
Best Plan......

Also, for those that don't have the V3, I noticed on the Shot Scope website, it's on sale for Father's Day for $199.99.

Ugh, I’ve been on the fence on getting one. I’ve had the garmin s20 for a few years and tried arccos last year with the free sensors when you purchase a Cobra club but hated having the phone in the pocket and just love the convenience of the garmin to just quickly look at your wrist for distances. I do miss the Arccos stats, so shotscope may be the best overall for what I’m looking for. Decisions decisions!

Ugh, I’ve been on the fence on getting one. I’ve had the garmin s20 for a few years and tried arccos last year with the free sensors when you purchase a Cobra club but hated having the phone in the pocket and just love the convenience of the garmin to just quickly look at your wrist for distances. I do miss the Arccos stats, so shotscope may be the best overall for what I’m looking for. Decisions decisions!
And it's on sale...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I do miss the Arccos stats,
From what I have read, now that Shot Scope has started to include Shots Gained (granted just against pros now but against various handicaps by the end of June), the stats provided by Shot Scope are as good if not better. There are different the stats are presented as the website Dashboard displays stats one way and the app takes a different look at them with Shots Gained only available in the app.

So, I meant to post first thoughts of the V3 from last night.

Pros:
- Very comfortable. I normally wear a regular watch when I play, and this is way more comfortable than my normal watch.
- Was very easy to set up and get going. I already had the app downloaded from where I knew it was on the way. Either way, I don't think it took me longer than 30 minutes to set up and that includes installing the sensors.

Cons:
- Band is opposite of what I'm used to. Not really sure it's a con, because it doesn't affect it in any way, but just feels a little weird putting it on. I can see myself putting it on backwards a few times until I am used to it.
- The putter sensor had to have threads cut off the sensor and will have to put some electrical tape on it as a safety measure, but this is mainly due to me having a StrokeLab putter and the weight in the end of the shaft preventing it from seating all the way. Once altered, it did sit flush. I do have some silicone that I might use instead as it will look a little better, as I don't change putters really, but I will figure that out tonight.

These are only initial impressions. I will post more once I am able to get it to the course this weekend (hopefully, pending the rain).

Ended up going with the electrical tape option. I had some thinner electrical tape and it turned out good. Ready for this weekend, pending rain.

For guys that don’t want to tape the tag to a putter. I’ve cut the threads off and used silicone adhesive to glue it to the grip. It dries with a little give to it and it’s easy to remove by taking an Xacto knife or box cutter.

Pros:
- Very comfortable. I normally wear a regular watch when I play, and this is way more comfortable than my normal watch.
- Was very easy to set up and get going. I already had the app downloaded from where I knew it was on the way. Either way, I don't think it took me longer than 30 minutes to set up and that includes installing the sensors.

Cons:
- Band is opposite of what I'm used to. Not really sure it's a con, because it doesn't affect it in any way, but just feels a little weird putting it on. I can see myself putting it on backwards a few times until I am used to it.
- The putter sensor had to have threads cut off the sensor and will have to put some electrical tape on it as a safety measure, but this is mainly due to me having a StrokeLab putter and the weight in the end of the shaft preventing it from seating all the way. Once altered, it did sit flush. I do have some silicone that I might use instead as it will look a little better, as I don't change putters really, but I will figure that out tonight.

These are only initial impressions. I will post more once I am able to get it to the course this weekend (hopefully, pending the rain).
I'm with you in this one. Not a deal breaker or anything but it does seem like an odd design choice.

Pros:

Cons:

I cut a few threads off of the putter sensor for the same reason and it has stayed in just fine, without additional tape or glue.

I cut a few threads off of the putter sensor for the same reason and it has stayed in just fine, without additional tape or glue.
When I put the tape on, it didn't look like it was going to move, but I guess I did it as an extra precaution or piece of mind, lol.

Back