Ok. Got this bad boy out to the course. I absolutely love this thing and the stats of gave me! Can’t wait to get more rounds on it so I can see some real statistics. I couldn’t really tell it was on my wrist. It got all of my putts with the exception of one. It only missed 3 shots, 1 of which was a penalty bc I hit it in the water, so really only 2 shots. Overall super happy with it! Yardages to front middle back were on point as well. Didn’t really use the yardages to the hazards, at least not yet. I actually remembered to push the number of putts at every hole and I only had to move 1 pin position. Really no complaints yet. 3 shots is minimal really. It had me at a 78 when I shot an 81.

My V3 rarely misses a shot. In fact, the only time it does is when I chunk one in the bunker and it only moves a few feet, or where I am chipping up a very steep hill and if I don't make the crest the ball will roll right back to my feet. Penalties I prefer to add during editing, not while on the course.

I don't see any shots being added as I am very careful when I take a club or clubs out of the bag to hold them well down the shaft, almost to the hosel as a lot of times I'll leave the cart with my playing partner and walk a good distance to my ball. There is only thing I'm not sure of. If I decide on a club, let's say my 8i, grip it, start my setup, then change my mind and go back for the 7 or 9, does it recognize the last club chosen or only the first that it recognizes? I've failed to take notice. Also, if whatever minimum distance required to recognize a shot has been exceeded to make the club change, say walking back to the cart for another club, maybe that is picked up for some as an added shot?

I think most if not all of my editing is on shots around the green where I am either just on or off the green and either due to small mapping issues or GPS inaccuracy the V3 reflects the opposite, off the green when I'm on or vice versa.

My V3 rarely misses a shot. In fact, the only time it does is when I chunk one in the bunker and it only moves a few feet, or where I am chipping up a very steep hill and if I don't make the crest the ball will roll right back to my feet. Penalties I prefer to add during editing, not while on the course.

I don't see any shots being added as I am very careful when I take a club or clubs out of the bag to hold them well down the shaft, almost to the hosel as a lot of times I'll leave the cart with my playing partner and walk a good distance to my ball. There is only thing I'm not sure of. If I decide on a club, let's say my 8i, grip it, start my setup, then change my mind and go back for the 7 or 9, does it recognize the last club chosen or only the first that it recognizes? I've failed to take notice. Also, if whatever minimum distance required to recognize a shot has been exceeded to make the club change, say walking back to the cart for another club, maybe that is picked up for some as an added shot?

I think most if not all of my editing is on shots around the green where I am either just on or off the green and either due to small mapping issues or GPS inaccuracy the V3 reflects the opposite, off the green when I'm on or vice versa.
One of the shots it missed was a 3w that I topped off the tee and walked 50 yards and it missed the next shot. I’m thinking bc I didn’t change clubs. I was also wondering about the picking a club and the watch registering it and then changing club bc I changed my mind. I almost switched clubs once in a circumstance like this but stayed the same. I was super glad it got all my putts yesterday. Just had to adjust 1 pin location. Very minimal editing for sure.

So I got mine and set it all up. Won’t be able to use it until later this week. What’s obvious coming from a Garmin s20 is the size difference. Watch itself is a bit thicker and overall bigger with a similar size screen. Band itself is bigger which I also expected since it contains a PCB. Shouldn’t bother me as I’m used to wearing watches all the time anyway.

missed was a 3w that I topped off the tee and walked 50 yards and it missed the next shot
I would think 50 yards would be far enough to be recognized as another shot unless out of frustration you didn't bother with a practice swing or maybe didn't let go of the grip while you walked to the ball.

I would think 50 yards would be far enough to be recognized as another shot unless out of frustration you didn't bother with a practice swing or maybe didn't let go of the grip while you walked to the ball.
I honestly don’t think I let go of the grip. I’m almost positive I took a practice swing though. Either way it was a shot I didn’t forget lol 😂

For those of you who have the V3, do you still wear your regular watch or smart watch? I have a Garmin and I have friends who wear their Apple watches/fitbits on the course to record their health stats, steps, etc. Does it feel odd having two watches? Any interference or performance issues? One oddity is that I wear my watch on my right wrist even though I am a righty. Does this make a difference?

One more question...after playing Wolf Creek yesterday. Does this have slope? Or factor in wind/temp/humidity like Arccos? I had a severely downhill par 3 at Wolf Creek that was listed at 158 but the Arccos gave my a play like distance of 122 with the wind and elevation. Hit a choked down PW to the back. Definitely appreciate the slope and wind adjustment on my Arccos (even if it occasionally misjudges wind gusts).

For those of you who have the V3, do you still wear your regular watch or smart watch? I have a Garmin and I have friends who wear their Apple watches/fitbits on the course to record their health stats, steps, etc. Does it feel odd having two watches? Any interference or performance issues? One oddity is that I wear my watch on my right wrist even though I am a righty. Does this make a difference?

They say wearing another device, like an Apple watch, etc., might interfere with the V3 but if it is on the opposite wrist I think it would be OK. A regular watch might be OK, too, but this has the time on it so why bother with another timepiece during the round?

One more question...after playing Wolf Creek yesterday. Does this have slope? Or factor in wind/temp/humidity like Arccos?

No it does not. The watch just provides pure linear GPS yardages.

I wear a fitbit on my left wrist and read about the possible interference issue so I looped it on my belt. It didn't make any difference that I could tell, so I just keep it on my wrist.

I'm brainstorming some hacks for the sensors. I'd like to compare the Shot Scope to my Arccos but they both have the screw in things. I might try to have both on for a head to head comparison but am figuring out how to do it. Maybe glue one. Since the sensors are different tech I'm guessing they won't interfere with each other.

Anyone know what the rated battery life is on the sensors? Something to worry about if I have a sim at home and use the clubs more often than out for a round?

Thanks man! The only one that I'm trying to figure out is if I play my local 9 hole course (which I do a lot because it's close), but walk it twice if I have to do 2 separate rounds or if I can pick 18 holes.
If you’re playing a 9 hole course once you’ve played 9 it will ask you if you want to play the back 9, i.e. play round again, you just press the button next to the tick and it then counts the 2 9 hole rounds as 18.
Sorry for the late reply but just checked back in on this thread

If you’re playing a 9 hole course once you’ve played 9 it will ask you if you want to play the back 9, i.e. play round again, you just press the button next to the tick and it then counts the 2 9 hole rounds as 18.
Sorry for the late reply but just checked back in on this thread
Thanks for the reply. That is good to know for sure!

There are no batteries in the tags on the clubs like Arccos. Shot Scope uses NFC technology. The watch itself has a battery that should be good for two rounds of golf or 10 days just in "watch mode" according to their website.

Download the latest version of the app, 2.9.13. Shots Gained has been updated to show against 0, 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 handicaps.

Guess I should have asked this before buying today … do you have to carry your iPhone/app on your body or just have it nearby (in bag or on cart?)

You don't need your phone at all while playing golf, After your round, you need your phone to transfer the data from the watch to the website.

You don't need your phone at all while playing golf, After your round, you need your phone to transfer the data from the watch to the website.

3 rounds in with shotscope and it’s been nice. What I do wish it had, since I’m coming from garmin, is the ability to enter score after each hole. Unless I’m wrong, shotscope scoring is based on it detecting a shot being taken but if a duff a bunker shot and hit again from the same bunker it only detects the one shot. (Again, unless I’m doing something wrong). I’ve been keeping true score on a scorecard then comparing after the round for corrections.

3 rounds in with shotscope and it’s been nice. What I do wish it had, since I’m coming from garmin, is the ability to enter score after each hole. Unless I’m wrong, shotscope scoring is based on it detecting a shot being taken but if a duff a bunker shot and hit again from the same bunker it only detects the one shot. (Again, unless I’m doing something wrong). I’ve been keeping true score on a scorecard then comparing after the round for corrections.

You're not doing it wrong. Unfortunately, when you duff a shot, particularly in a bunker, you don't move far enough away from the first shot for it to realise you're taking a second shot. I also keep a separate scorecard for that reason.

....you don't move far enough away from the first shot for it to realise you're taking a second shot.
I wish I knew what that distance is.

I wish I knew what that distance is.

Me too mate. I'm assuming something in the vicinity of 5+ yards because GPS accuracy is about 3 yards or so.

The simplicity has me intrigued. Not having to tap clubs or carry the phone or anything like that takes away my lazy excuses for not having any interest in other products of the sort. The only thing I may take issue with is the watch. I'm definitely looking closer at this than I thought I would be.

Back