Just took the V3 for a test drive. Walked on to the course late this evening and played holes 12 thru 17. I was surprised at how quickly it recognized some clubs -- especially putter -- but not others. Some clubs were correctly showing on the watch before I even took a practice swing while others took forever to display or weren't recognized at all.

Guess I've got about 47 pages of reading to do for THPer pointers and suggestions. :oops:

Whoa there, scooter. I don't know about all that...
BTW - ShotScope sells a Putter tag with an adhesive on the bottom of the tag for Counter Balanced putters.

BTW - ShotScope sells a Putter tag with an adhesive on the bottom of the tag for Counter Balanced putters.
I ordered those as I have three putters that are in or out of the bag on any given day.. One came with threads and two with the adhesive but I didn't find the adhesive all that secure and I didn't want to use super glue. That is why I got some adhesive dots and use the electrical tape. My original putter tag I had cut some threads off and screwed into one of my Stroke Lab putters and it eventually broke off and got lost. I'd use the manual putting method but I just cann\ot reliably remember to mark my first putt all the time. :mad:

If you have any problems with it recognising the club hold the sensor near to the watch and it will pick it up 👍

This!!!! I used to stand practice swinging like a demented demon trying to get the club to be recognized. Then I read in one of their blog posts to hold the sensor near the watch strap. Since I’ve been doing that, it hasn’t missed a beat.

Yes this! And doing it this way you actually see the watch display the right club before your shot.

The sensitivity must vary between straps as I make no concerted effort to grip the club so the tag is "near" the watch strap. I either get a yardage with my laser or look at the watch for a distance, get my club or clubs from the bag being sure to hold them close to the head so they are NOT recognized, take a practice swing and pull the trigger. I seldom if ever even check to see if the club I have chosen is displayed on the watch. Even when my putting has gone bad and I occasionally choose to go left hand low it seems to have no issue recognizing my putter. I would have to say that accuracy has been in the 1-2% range, if that high, in regard to missing or adding shots, so maybe 1, at the most 2 per round. I can't think of ever having to add or delete more than that and most days it is right on. Putts may be off as those on or near the fringe are recorded opposite of what they really were, but that is typically the most editing I do.

I'll second the notion of (unfortunately) varying sensitivities. I've been very pleased with how easily and quickly it picks up the tag of the club I have in hand. Half the time I don't even check the watch to make sure and thus far haven't missed a shot. My lone minor gripe remains the accuracy of the pin on the green when recorded, but again some of that is on me I'm sure. I might have to add a shot or two on each round, usually resulting from a bunker shot that didn't get out of of sand but other than that I remain steadfastly happy with this purchase.

Shot scope is having a REALLY good deal on the V3 right now

My lone minor gripe remains the accuracy of the pin on the green when recorded
I think there are a couple of things that contribute to this. The V3 is set up for dual frequency, L1 and L5 but L5 is not totally rolled out and available everywhere. When it is, that should bring accuracy down to about a foot. Until then we are looking at something like accuracy within +/- 3 meters or about 10ft. Add to that, every GPS I have worked with, including this watch, has a small period of time when one comes to a standstill before it settles on a constant measurement. So the inaccuracy may be compounded by the fact that we don't stand over the hole long enough, but that can be disruptive to the game and one's partners if one does that.

Anyone know how to reverse the bands on the watch? Seems backwards to me. I am wearing it around the house to get used to how thick the bands are. Much bigger than my Garmin.

Attachments

• 20210629_155603.jpg
    20210629_155603.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 20
Anyone know how to reverse the bands on the watch? Seems backwards to me. I am wearing it around the house to get used to how thick the bands are. Much bigger than my Garmin.
I think someone said You can't due the the sensor in the band.

mine are the same way. I had that initial reaction as well that the bands were flipped.

mine are the same way. I had that initial reaction as well that the bands were flipped.
Can any of our UK friends verify if this is a standard thing for Bands in the UK. Trying hard to like this thing.

Am I correct in saying because the sensors are NFC rather than Bluetooth I could not leave the Arccos sensors on my clubs and pair them with the Shot Scope?

Can any of our UK friends verify if this is a standard thing for Bands in the UK. Trying hard to like this thing.
The bands are 'backwards' because of the way the one strap collects data from the tag and sends it to the watch face.

Am I correct in saying because the sensors are NFC rather than Bluetooth I could not leave the Arccos sensors on my clubs and pair them with the Shot Scope?
Yes, you are correct. Two different data collection methods.

Well ... just walked a late afternoon 9 in sweltering heat, and the V3 did not pick up a single shot. That's mainly because I was on the golf course and the V3 was at home in my bedroom night stand. Pulled out my driver on the first tee, looked down at my watch to see if the "D" was displayed and ... no watch. Ugh ... hate it when that happens! :censored:

Last edited:
Well ... just walked a late afternoon 9 in sweltering heat, and the V3 did not pick up a single shot. That's mainly because I was on the golf course and the V3 was at home in my bedroom night stand. Hate it when that happens! :censored:

Had a nightmare 9 holes yesterday and my V3 was able to document the carnage….. good to have the info to look for improvement Areas.
12F14B5A-58FC-4746-8061-84C9986A844F.jpeg

723AD7B2-C564-449D-A7CA-681C8F8F2B99.png
Started out rough with a 138 yard bomb 💣 into the trees. i had a couple good holes, but you can see how the data gets impacted when you only have a few rounds in the hopper. This will even out as I get more rounds recorded.

54FEB687-528E-4793-988D-597FD8A148DD.png

Anyone having any issues with the V3 properly tracking the number of putts on a hole. Last round it either counted 1 less or 1 more on 3 of the holes. not sure why. any suggestions on what to do?

Anyone having any issues with the V3 properly tracking the number of putts on a hole. Last round it either counted 1 less or 1 more on 3 of the holes. not sure why. any suggestions on what to do?
Mine was reading right. However if i walk across the green to hit a chip, the automatic putt counter pops up. Not sure how to go back quite yet.

so have a few rounds under the belt with the ShotScope V3 and it's fantastic. So far, it's been missing about 1-3 shots during an 18 hole round, which isn't a huge deal to me because I use Grint to track my score for my HC, so when I review the round at the end, I just compare the two and then if it's off, it's usually a memorable shot (usually not in a good way) haha. But so far, I love the statistics its giving me!

Back