Dennisavery

Reaction score
Handicap
Recently purchased a Shot Scope. I like it but it seems to miss one stroke on half the holes, and the shots do not always line up with where i am on the course. I live in the N. GA mountains and was wondering if it is a weak gps signal.

Any one else using the SS experiencing something similar?

My brother-in-law has an Arccos. It,too misses strokes but he has the advantage of editing in real time.

Dennis

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

I've only used mine for a couple of rounds and seem to need to manipulate some piece of data at the end of the round. I'll be following this to see what others post. I was hoping ShotScope was coming up with a new product, but the Orlando Show Thread was going by so fast, I fear I missed an announcement.

My SS definitely misses strokes during the round. I don't take practice swings and I think that is the main problem, the advice seems to be 2 practice swings per shot to ensure it registers the club.

I did have initial issues with mine, but I changed my routine to include a couple (or more) practice swings and it's gotten a hell of a lot better. SS is coming out with a new version, that's why the current version has been price cut. The new version is a bit smaller AFAIK, but no known release date that I can find.

Interesting. I don't seem to need to make practice swings and think I may just have GPS issues at particular areas on the course I typically play. The distances just don't seem right for some clubs at some times.

At least twice a round I need to run back up to the green to record my putts as I forget that as well. I've been keeping a normal score card going as well to compare to at the end as I don't have enough confidence with the Shot Scope yet to use it to track my score.

I received an email for a special offer from Shot Scope. The email asked not to reveal details, but the new version looks solid.

I received an email for a special offer from Shot Scope. The email asked not to reveal details, but the new version looks solid.
As a ShotScope user, this is just a big tease! I've had mine for about a month and have used it a few times, so still gathering usable data. Can't wait to see what they're coming out with. Thanks @sabig27

I have the same problem, it maybe missed 3 or 4 shots per round and it's different shots too, not just little chips but also fairway woods. I got in touch with Shotscope and they could see the missed shots but the only advice was to take more practice swings. Not great for wanting to kep going and make the ound that little bit quicker. I started knocking the tag on the clud against the watch to see if that helps.

If you grip down a bit ss might miss shots the watch band has to be close to the sensor to get a read I found ss wouldnt pick up my green side chips as i grip down a lot

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Back