Shot tracer app for your phone?

Lunopapi

Reaction score
Anyone got one that they can personally vouch for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20200922_234048.jpg

I use this one. I've tried a few, and they all seem about the same, which is mostly alright. This one's free though. Or was when I installed it. I don't know why it's saying early access. I don't remember that being the case. I just Play Store's to find it last year.

View attachment 8964902

I use this one. I've tried a few, and they all seem about the same, which is mostly alright. This one's free though. Or was when I installed it. I don't know why it's saying early access. I don't remember that being the case. I just Play Store's to find it last year.

I’ve seen that one, it’s actually paid app now so you got lucky! It says it’s the #1 shot tracer app but has terrible reviews that’s was my only gripe!

I’ve seen that one, it’s actually paid app now so you got lucky! It says it’s the #1 shot tracer app but has terrible reviews that’s was my only gripe!

Huh. Well I have it on all my devices, so I guess I got it at the right time. They all struggle in certain light, or angles, etc at times. I'm sure a lot of the reviews are people that just won't take the time to know what they're doing with it, or expect it to work flawlessly every single time. I only use it while I'm on course, driving the cart, socializing, thinking about my next shot, and uploading the finished video to YouTube for the Live Round thread, so most of the time how hard can it really be? When it can't track it, you have to try to do it manually, which can be a pain, but I don't really see it as the app's fault. It's trying to track a tiny ball for hundreds of yards. There are misreads on 20 thousand dollar launch monitors that track balls. I have reasonable expectations on something at this level. How much is it now?

Huh. Well I have it on all my devices, so I guess I got it at the right time. They all struggle in certain light, or angles, etc at times. I'm sure a lot of the reviews are people that just won't take the time to know what they're doing with it, or expect it to work flawlessly every single time. I only use it while I'm on course, driving the cart, socializing, thinking about my next shot, and uploading the finished video to YouTube for the Live Round thread, so most of the time how hard can it really be? When it can't track it, you have to try to do it manually, which can be a pain, but I don't really see it as the app's fault. It's trying to track a tiny ball for hundreds of yards. There are misreads on 20 thousand dollar launch monitors that track balls. I have reasonable expectations on something at this level. How much is it now?

Yeah makes complete sense! Thanks a lot for your feedback

Yeah makes complete sense! Thanks a lot for your feedback

Made this for you so you can see how it works on full shots. Apologies for it not being very pro. lol It's very late, and trying to figure out how to film it was challenging enough.

I use mine a lot with a thing called SelfiGolf. It holds your phone (camera) on an alignment stick, or club, or edge of your bag. The shot tracer seems to work better if the camera is stationary as opposed to a friend holding it. There are some additional features for filming chips, putts, tracing your swing, and things like that. They can look cool, or be handy as a visual for training, etc. Good luck.

Yeah, I bought this one and it doesn't really trace your shot, you have to go into post production and add the tracer. The app creator added a desk top compliment to the app, which has either a monthly or yearly fee, which is beyond silly.

Made this for you so you can see how it works on full shots. Apologies for it not being very pro. lol It's very late, and trying to figure out how to film it was challenging enough.

I use mine a lot with a thing called SelfiGolf. It holds your phone (camera) on an alignment stick, or club, or edge of your bag. The shot tracer seems to work better if the camera is stationary as opposed to a friend holding it. There are some additional features for filming chips, putts, tracing your swing, and things like that. They can look cool, or be handy as a visual for training, etc. Good luck.

Thanks so much for that mate! It looks relatively simply enough and works decent enough.

Back