mreiter

Titleist Junkie
Reaction score
Handicap
Any using the V2 going to upgrade to the new sleeker looking V3? They are allowing current users to apply for the release at a significantly discounted price $139-

Having held the new version. Tried on the new version. And spent an hour with the company going over everything, I am super excited to see where the brand is headed. Plus we have the amazing Data Experience coming later this year.

Interested. I hated the SSV2 watch unit, looks like the V3 is a proper standard design

Having held the new version. Tried on the new version. And spent an hour with the company going over everything, I am super excited to see where the brand is headed. Plus we have the amazing Data Experience coming later this year.

always sneaking things in @JB

Well not really sneaking haha. We have a pretty lengthy thread on it.
I know I follow most if not all of them

As much as I hated the brick of a v2 - I loved the actual functionality / usage of the device. It worked very well for me. I have preordered the v3 and am excited now that it'll be in a much better form factor. I'm hoping with proper watch functionality that they've improved the battery QUITE a bit

I ordered the V3 as soon as I opened the e-mail.
I didn't post anything because the e-mail from Shotscope explicitly asked the recipients to refrain from sharing or posting about this on Social Media or in any forums.
However, now that the cat is out of the proverbial "Bag" .....

I'm hoping with proper watch functionality that they've improved the battery QUITE a bit

They have. From what I've read, when using as a GPS, it should last longer than the V2.

This is great news. Unfortunately I didn’t receive an email although I’m a current V2 user.

So your saying I need to look into buying one? What is the one feature you are looking forward to the V3?

Maybe if I had this I could stop zapping flags from just off the fringe ?

So I don't *need* any of the features it has. I like to play by feel a lot - this means eyeballing my yardage based on whats available to me. I can go through most rounds and recall every shot from memory and I have a good feel where my weaknesses are (everywhere). BUT on the flipside I'm a huge nerd :) So gadgets are always intriguing.

I was always interested in shot trackers but never interested in putting a device on my belt to tap, or carrying my phone on my person. So when the v2 showed up (the v1 wasn't quite what I'd want) I gave it a go. For me the biggest drawbacks:

- bulk - this thing was pretty large. It didn't affect my game and wasn't SO big that I felt odd wearing it, but it was big!
- battery life - oh my lord I was happy to get 18 holes in some days (the best days would get me through about 27 - even if i took a food break in between as long as I stopped tracking during that timeframe)
- amount of time it might take to for the GPS to do its job - sometimes it was a solid five minutes to find a course that I frequent often
- remembering to stop at the flag and mark # of putts. there is really no better way to do it - that was just a *me* thing that i had trouble making a habit
- having to basically pre-download courses that I'd be playing.

Things I loved

- accuracy - it was rare that I had to back and update shots after the round. usually if I didn't pause for a few seconds at the ball (which was super rare)
- basic GPS info. glancing at my wrist to get a number to the bunker up the right side or the creek ahead or the flag - always convenient
- always had the course I was playing in its database
- ALLLLLL of the data you get from club averages, to round information, etc. I found it all super useful. There was nothing groundbreaking in the info I got (i fight a two way miss, I generally understand my yardages, etc)

So your saying I need to look into buying one? What is the one feature you are looking forward to the V3?

I'll give you two. Better battery life and more accurate GPS.

I'll give you two. Better battery life and more accurate GPS.

I'm also a fan of the preloaded courses so I dont have to remember download something before going somewhere new

Also the courses are preloaded, so no more downloading courses

I purchased the V3 for $139. Got the blue/teal band. Supposed to receive at end of May.

I’m 3 rounds into using the V2 version and gotta say, I’m loving it. The size was a bit of a concern at first, but I’m really not having any issue with it. The only issue I have is the strap in on the wrong way up, buckle should be at the top of the watch. I’ve found it accurate, I think it’s only missed one shot so far. Compared with my mates Arccos, the shot scope is way more reliable. I love how you just turn it on, then forget about it (apart from logging the position of the flag).
The stats are the most comprehensive I’ve seen. Stats I didn’t even know excited are covered. Not sure if a lot of them are gonna help my game, but it’s cool to go through them. One of my favourite features is the leaderboards at each course you play.Scores, drives, putts, it’s a great way to keep you focused during a round. Almost certainly going to upgrade to V3.
This thing combines 2 of my favourite things. Golf and gadgets. A huge thumbs up from me. I’m a massive fan.

I’m 3 rounds into using the V2 version and gotta say, I’m loving it. The size was a bit of a concern at first, but I’m really not having any issue with it. The only issue I have is the strap in on the wrong way up, buckle should be at the top of the watch. I’ve found it accurate, I think it’s only missed one shot so far. Compared with my mates Arccos, the shot scope is way more reliable. I love how you just turn it on, then forget about it (apart from logging the position of the flag).
The stats are the most comprehensive I’ve seen. Stats I didn’t even know excited are covered. Not sure if a lot of them are gonna help my game, but it’s cool to go through them. One of my favourite features is the leaderboards at each course you play.Scores, drives, putts, it’s a great way to keep you focused during a round. Almost certainly going to upgrade to V3.
This thing combines 2 of my favourite things. Golf and gadgets. A huge thumbs up from me. I’m a massive fan.

I loved my V2 for a lot of the same reasons. I ordered the V3 as soon as I got the email! Who knows when they're going to show up though - I know they said May - but I'm not optimistic with the state of the world. And that's ok - not a whole lot of golfing going on yet up here anyways!

I loved my V2 for a lot of the same reasons. I ordered the V3 as soon as I got the email! Who knows when they're going to show up though - I know they said May - but I'm not optimistic with the state of the world. And that's ok - not a whole lot of golfing going on yet up here anyways!

Probably right, but I can tell you this. I have been in constant communication with this team and they are so open and communicative during this. Its a breath of fresh air and I think this company is going to be bringing it in the second half of this year.

Probably right, but I can tell you this. I have been in constant communication with this team and they are so open and communicative during this. Its a breath of fresh air and I think this company is going to be bringing it in the second half of this year.
Always great news. I had a few issues here and there and they were definitely always on it when I needed help. Thats another reason I had no issues shelling out immediately for the V3

I have a Garmin Approach X40. So many post round edits to get it to track data properly. Not a fan. I am very interested in the ShotScope V3.

I struggled with the V2's size and battery and got rid of it, didn't help that I never used to wear a watch. I really wanted what it offered and stepped up right away for V3 and have been wearing my regular watch all the time so I get used to something on my wrist ahead of time. Anxiously awaiting it's arrival as I am getting a few rounds in and would like to retire the SGX. I regret not persisting with the V2 for the data aspect though and will certainly be putting it to good use.

Last edited:
The V2 unit was pretty bulky and I'm interested on picking up the V3 unit when it comes out. I'm planning on having 2 bags this year and shot tracking with both. One set was going to use the V2 unit, guess it might be the V3 now.

Back