Went to play my 2nd round with the Shotscope yesterday - and then left it on top of my humidor while grabbing cigars. At least I didn't forget the cigars!!

I changed my V3 GPS setting to L1 + L4 and it was a mistake. SS captured every practice swing as an actual swing and messed up the entire round. Just accepted the score, didn’t count it in my stats and changed the setting.

There is a bit of learning curve with shot scope but the data might be the best in the business.

I’m 3 rounds in with V3 and it’s amazingly accurate and easy to use. Averaging about 2 missed shots per round, that are easy to add and those seem to be lob wedges around the green in fluffy lies where you make soft impact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used the V2 yesterday for the first time, really impressed with it

I'm thinking about getting the V3 now

I changed my V3 GPS setting to L1 + L4 and it was a mistake. SS captured every practice swing as an actual swing and messed up the entire round. Just accepted the score, didn’t count it in my stats and changed the setting.
I saw another review where the individual experienced what you did with extra shots. He, too, had changed his GPS settings to L1 + L5.

Ok, I think I am pretty much done with this unit. The whole point of bringing out a new device is it should be better than the old one, right? I was a huge fan of the V2, but this V3 is utter garbage! I posted earlier that a previous round, the device missed 17 shots. Today was even worse!
it started off from the very beginning. I played Bayonet, at Bayonet and Blackhorse. As the name suggests, there are 2 courses. Top 50 California courses that hosted a live event broadcast on the Golf Channel last year, so top courses that you would think would be mapped. Despite my watch saying it had picked up Blackhorse, I was getting yardages for Bayonet. I get it may pick up both courses, but at no time was I able to scroll through and chose one course or the other. My watch finally picked up the correct course on the 4th hole after much rebooting and resynching.
Then it came to recording my shots. Let’s see how it did.
As you can see, not a great round after a good start. Score at the top, Putts at the bottom.
027E841E-CA75-426E-870E-2353CF935D52.jpeg

123880B6-1A4D-4DA3-ADE2-5C99C69208CE.jpeg
8B2BBC2D-CE65-4751-9363-4C1D60F3A33E.jpeg
comparing the scores, it got it wrong on 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 15, and 16. Lowlights are missing 3 shots on hole 13, and adding shots on 7, 11 and 16! How does it even do that? According to ShotScope, I played this shot on 7.
4DA00490-9C0F-4D3D-A941-05328EF7A812.png
I also holed a 131ft putt
685E3AA4-0BCF-42D4-B317-6E372B834BD3.png
I’m really disappointed as V2 was a great product. V3 is utter garbage. I’m about to email them and complain, and request a refund. I don’t know if if just got a dud, or others are having this issue. My advice right now though, is hold on to your V2.

Attachments

• E88C6540-0A76-44A0-A2D5-B0F8E653C409.jpeg
    E88C6540-0A76-44A0-A2D5-B0F8E653C409.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 6
I saw another review where the individual experienced what you did with extra shots. He, too, had changed his GPS settings to L1 + L5.
Today with GPS setting at L1 and it was perfect. I’d did get a response from ShotScope thanking me for the feedback.

None of the devices in this product space work when they are first released. Some are outright failures (Game Golf Pro, probably Arccos Link) but most of them eventually get the bugs worked out after a few months.

Not sure what's so difficult about designing, building and testing a GPS-based shot tracker but it sure seems to be an ongoing challenge for every company that sells them. I'd imagine the challenge is even greater for Shot Scope because they don't have a smartphone doing the GPS and user interface, it's their own hardware. If you run everything through an app it's much easier to roll out fixups by simply pushing an app update.

Less accurate in what regard? Club distances? Not registering shots? Location on the map?

Sorry for the late reply.. It's not totally accurate in the putting for the most part. I get it can't get that accurate because of various limitations, which is why I move my putts manually for every hole (it is close, but def not exact). It sometimes doesn't register my initial putt, or the distances correctly.. I am totally fine with the limitations, but I would love the data that is it COULD provide. Putting stats per every foot, to really see how many 2-3ft or 3-4 ft putts I miss or come close to missing.

I am not great on my approach shots (I just started a little over a year ago), so I 2 putt A LOT. I am pretty good at lagging and I would love to know that part.. I also know I personally leave A TON of putts within 3-5ft. There is no stat for this. I don't know if the last putt is 2ft, 3ft,5ft,6ft. I just know 0-6ft.

That's a HUGE gap.. Even though it's the same 6ft: The gap from 6ft - 12ft is even bigger and I would really like to know THOSE distances..

V2 tags are installed. I won't be able to try it out until Friday. I hope I remember to keep an eye on it for the putting aspect. Excited to see what this thing tells me. Will likely try to keep my own records for a few rounds so I can cross reference the data to make sure it's not missing anything.

20200629_194157.jpg

Does anyone know if the V2 tags work with the V3? I have a couple of sets of the V2, so hoping soooo...thanks!

Does anyone know if the V2 tags work with the V3? I have a couple of sets of the V2, so hoping soooo...thanks!
I believe they do however the V3 tags are supposed to be Updated for better distance accuracy.

They sure do. Supposedly the V3 tags are "improved" but the V2s will work fine

They sure do. Supposedly the V3 tags are "improved" but the V2s will work fine
Thanks @etakmit and @Iceman! —-I actually got a response from ShotScope today confirming the same information. My new V3 will be here tomorrow, so I guess I’ll be swapping out some tags.

The excitement around this thing is real. The data available looks second to none... and by a mile.

Upgraded to the V3 and played a few holes with it this evening. Only used it in GPS mode as I was just practicing and not keeping score. I guess I don't have a lot of feed back yet except Iike the smaller profile, and the distances displayed were very accurate. I need to educate myself on the available data.

I just hope the excitement is backed up by a working product, unlike Game Golf Pro and Arccos Link.
Haha well, they are all very different things. And Link hasn’t launched yet. But I can assure you, the V3 works

Another round, another poor performance from the V3. Missed 12 shots, had me as a 71 (I wish). Seems V3 were super keen to sell me an upgrade, not so keen to respond to any of my emails, I've heard nothing back from them regarding the issues I'm having. Poor product, poor service.

I have to say I have heard a lot of bad reports about the V3

I'm going to stick to the V2, its working perfectly and hasn't missed a beat yet

I have to say I have heard a lot of bad reports about the V3

I'm going to stick to the V2, its working perfectly and hasn't missed a beat yet
We will have more information soon.

Another round, another poor performance from the V3. Missed 12 shots, had me as a 71 (I wish). Seems V3 were super keen to sell me an upgrade, not so keen to respond to any of my emails, I've heard nothing back from them regarding the issues I'm having. Poor product, poor service.
12 shots?! Was it one or two clubs a lot or was it all over the place?

12 shots?! Was it one or two clubs a lot or was it all over the place?
It’s missing a few shorter shots with my sand wedge. Also registered a heavenwood shot as the driver. I’ve played 4 rounds with the V3 now and it’s been out by at least 12 shots each round. The V2 was spot on. Yes it was bulkier, but seems to be a far better product IMO. Hopefully ShotScope might actually bother responding to me one day to see if there is an issue with my particular device.

It’s missing a few shorter shots with my sand wedge. Also registered a heavenwood shot as the driver. I’ve played 4 rounds with the V3 now and it’s been out by at least 12 shots each round. The V2 was spot on. Yes it was bulkier, but seems to be a far better product IMO. Hopefully ShotScope might actually bother responding to me one day to see if there is an issue with my particular device.

I have played 4 or 5 rounds with the V3 now and have been putting off posting any results thinking I needed to improve my technique. But I have also had 10 to 12 missed shots, wrong club identified per round and the edit time to correct is long. Last round it recorded 64 of 74 strokes.

Seems that missing the 2nd shot on a hole and several short wedge shots are the primary reason. I am probably not making good enough practice swings - especially with the wedges. I just can't take big practice swings for a 20 yd chip shot (not good preparation for me) and they just don't seem to register unless I do.

Don't know why but it seems to get my 5 iron and 1 iron (yes I carry one as a trouble club and teeing iron) confused a lot - but will say that it is getting better each round. My guess is that if it misses a shot and the yardage has changed then it tries to "guess" a club. That is just how it seems but probably is not correct. Many times it just leaves the unrecorded shot out and shows a 400 yd drive. - I wish.

I use manual putting so don't know how that would work. I prefer manual.

Had very little issues with the V2 but hoping things get better - I love the V3 watch.

Edited to add:
Once or twice the oddest thing has happened. It recorded a wedge shot off the tee and then the driver shot as the 2nd shot on the hole. Have no idea how that could happen but I remember it twice now.

Back