Should Canadan Play Blades in 2022

Butter knives

• Hell yes, finally, ugh why did it take so long, blah blah

Votes: 73 61.9%
  • No, tech is fun, play tech

Votes: 45 38.1%

• Total voters
Kind of funny i see this now....I was kind of famous at another site for playing SGIs for many years as a low index.

And....I bought blades today (0211 ST's). I mean PXG was giving them away i had to see what all of the fuss was about.

I now have SGI, Players Distance, and Blade irons for next season. Let's see how this thing shakes out

I want to jump in with some sensibility here too. Dan is always trying to reduce spin. If he was going to play something at the extreme ends of the spectrum he should go to the forgiving side with bigger head, lower lofted, lower COG irons for a whole year.

@Canadan is a bit of an enigma, he won’t play the higher moi, more forgiving putters (mallets). But at the same time, he does want forgiveness in his irons (and I’d assume woods).

but that’s just my observation 😉

@Canadan is a bit of an enigma, he won’t play the higher moi, more forgiving putters (mallets). But at the same time, he does want forgiveness in his irons (and I’d assume woods).

but that’s just my observation 😉
That’s not fair. I “tried” to play a mallet.

Bladey CB 6i-up
Blades 7i-PW
CB wedges

I’m on the enabler train.

It's either the entire set or nothing. None of this "breaking up the set" stuff. I want to see you hit a blade 2-iron. ;)

Blades -120
Combo +160
Players Distance +300

@Canadan what is your index i'm just curious?

(sorry i'm new here i assume others know this...)

Blades or not? Does it matter? I mean when you hit the center of the face 99 out of 100 times. 😁😁😁

I would say why not give it a chance. If you have never had a set of blades in the bag it certainly time. You have plenty of swing speed that distance shouldn’t be an issue and see if the smaller footprint makes you focus more and improves your ball striking.

I just found this thread, its 10 pages deep, I'm sure there is a bunch of witty replies and sound advice and... I DON'T CARE!
Just play blades and get it over with! Throw caution and all technology to the wind! Sound and feel is all that is important! Work the ball both ways is the best way to score! Lay up off the tee on all short par 4's! Play angles to pins! Keep the ball below the hole, even if it means being farther away!

I'm now exhausted. Good luck Canadan.
My man…

Currently soft capped at a 1.2 index (thus the sadness of the ** haha). I'm in a big of an upswing while I sort out some driver issues. I'll be back in good form for 2022.

Also, please don't be sorry. I really should have it listed what it actually is, I just had it at a + for a couple years and got cranky with the soft cap haha

Back