Should dogs be allowed on the golf course?

jfox789

2022 Budget Golf Champion & 2021 Dream Foursome!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Played an evening very casual round yesterday. Would have loved to bring my dog, but they are not allowed.

I always enjoy seeing when people or the maintenance crew have a dog that lives on the course, and dogs are more common on courses in Scotland/older golf regions.

What are your thoughts?

As long as the dog is not barking and running through other groups I would have no issues with the dog on the course. Kind of like bringing a kid on the course :ROFLMAO:

As long as the dog is not barking and running through other groups I would have no issues with the dog on the course. Kind of like bringing a kid on the course :ROFLMAO:

Totally :LOL: Same golf etiquette as always would have to apply.

Sorry, no dogs on the course.

I am a huge dog lover and have had dogs virtually every year I have been alive. However, I would not like to see dogs running around and destroying the property. Even if the owner picked up after the dog, his/her urine would destroy areas. Running around could also destroy the area.

I'm all in on more dogs everywhere.

I wish, but it feels like an easy one dog ruins it for all the dogs situation.

I am cool with it if the dog is chill.

My dog is not a golfing dog. But I like seeing @OldandStiff ’s little hopper on the course. Cheered him on (I saw him watch that birdie fall!) and got a rocky round (for him, none of the rest of us, 🤣) under par.

A golf course is not a dog park. I do not think dogs should be allowed on the golf course. There will be those whose dog is well behaved, stays near his owner and is quiet, but there would also be those who allow the dog to run around, and not clean up his waste. I’d hate to see a pet get hit by a ball. Dogs in the clubhouse are fine, but not on the course.

Last edited:
But if you’ve got a yipping loud dog nope. None of the courses I frequent would care about a dog as long as it behaved properly. Mine wouldn’t so I don’t take her. They also aren’t in good enough shape for a pee spot to make a damn bit of difference. She goes like 8 drops at a time anyways.

all my buddies that work on courses have dogs that join them either in cart as they work or run alongside with them. Definitely in favor of dogs on course.

Nope, not a fan.

Feels like we've got a split crowd

I have my wife's dog on course a lot. He's small, chill (old), and most everyone likes him. It's probably not fair that a bigger/more active dog wouldn't be as accepted, but he's mostly just there for the cart rides. Lol He'll hop down a few times a round to smell something or give me judgement over a putt, but that's about it.

Sidenote - if you guys are single and have a little dog, this is the absolute best way to get golf gals to want to talk to you at the course. :LOL:

I have my wife's dog on course a lot. He's small, chill (old), and most everyone likes him. It's probably not fair that a bigger/more active dog wouldn't be as accepted, but he's mostly just there for the cart rides. Lol He'll hop down a few times a round to smell something or give me judgement over a putt, but that's about it.

Sidenote - if you guys are single and have a little dog, this is the absolute best way to get golf gals to want to talk to you at the course. :LOL:

Any tips on training little Rosie on being a golf dog? I like women. I like golf. Therefore I like women who golf.

Taking notes.....

🤣

Any tips on training little Rosie on being a golf dog? I like women. I like golf. Therefore I like women who golf.

Taking notes.....

🤣
No, but you can borrow Gizmo whenever you want. He's the sweetest step-dog I never wanted. :p

The course we played today has a sweet yellow lab pup (9 months maybe) named Birdie that's always around. Not sure if it's the Super's or Pro's or what. Kind of collectively cared for. I like that kind of thing.

People here seen to have a fascination with Chihuahuas and that helps. They all act like they've never seen one that sits, and doesn't bark, or won't bite their hand off. Seems normal to us.

Last edited:
I'm not a dog fan to be honest so nope.

No, but you can borrow Gizmo whenever you want. He's the sweetest step-dog I never wanted. :p

The course we played today has a sweet yellow lab pup (9 months maybe) named Birdie that's always around. Not sure if it's the Super's or Pro's or what. Kind of collectively cared for. I like that kind of thing.

People here seen to have a fascination with Chihuahuas and that helps. They all act like they've never seen one that sits, and doesn't bark, or won't bite their hand off. Seems normal to us.

Yeah mine is not like yours, 🤣. She is the yipping ankle biting 10# alpha lady dog. Plus she’d snag my ball when I was putting and I’m not sure I could teach her not to, ha.

Depending on how desperate I get I may take you up, 😂. I was long term house sitting Rosie’s dog mom (a pure white chihuahua, and the only dog I’ve seen Rosie back down from and Bailey only weighed probably 5# at most) prior to my accident. She’s calm as all get out until Rosie is mean then she looks like she means business.

She went back home when I crashed and I couldn’t take care of her for 6 weeks or so.

I like dogs, but not on the golf course. Inconsiderate owners would ruin it for other dog owners. Bad enough to battle goose droppings all over the course.

I like dogs, but not on the golf course. Inconsiderate owners would ruin it for other dog owners. Bad enough to battle goose droppings all over the course.
I have 3 dogs but would never take them to the course. Most people believe that their dogs are better trained than they really are. Plus, you go and tell a dog lover that their dog is not behaving well and should not play on the course. See how that goes ... :)

Love my 2 dogs but they don't belong on a golf course!

Back