Should This Sign Exist?

What exactly is this sign trying to say? Is it telling you to slow down? Is it telling that there are slow children playing? What kind of slow children? The kind that don't move quickly? Or the other kind? It could be taken a number of different ways and hurt some feelings.

It is saying that there is a slow golfer at play. And showing him taking his time reading hte green.

Ooh I would like this in sticker or bag tag form so I could anonymously leave it on the bags of a few guys I play with :LOL:

I would love to have one of these signs to give to a couple of people I know.

That should be something the marshal should hang on the back of your cart if you fall behind pace..

Should bring it to THP experiences and give it to someone as a gag gift

How about incorporating a driving range target in that sign?

i like a sign I saw on a course in north England just south of the Scottish boarder. It read something like you are expected to finish in 3:45 and we send Marshall after you if you are not in the clubhouse in 4

not sure how serious they were or not but certainly this is the tone we need.

Might be a good sign. Can't see anything other than a white strip so I can't be sure.

DC8FF5AD-2249-49CE-90CB-9777469F53C6.png
Is that his sign?

What exactly is this sign trying to say? Is it telling you to slow down? Is it telling that there are slow children playing? What kind of slow children? The kind that don't move quickly? Or the other kind? It could be taken a number of different ways and hurt some feelings.

Ahhh Jeez! Another hand wringer worried about hurt feelings!

i like a sign I saw on a course in north England just south of the Scottish boarder. It read something like you are expected to finish in 3:45 and we send Marshall after you if you are not in the clubhouse in 4

not sure how serious they were or not but certainly this is the tone we need.

I once read an essay about a course in Scotland that had a sign on the 3rd tee that said, "If it has taken you longer than 25 minutes to get here, you are playing too slowly!"

I once read an essay about a course in Scotland that had a sign on the 3rd tee that said, "If it has taken you longer than 25 minutes to get here, you are playing too slowly!"

I could definitely deal with that, but ONLY if they're willing to enforce it. There's nothing worse than a rule made just to make a rule, but nobody willing to hold people to it.

After my last round...absolutely! 6+ hours on a golf course when not having to wait once on a tee box!

It probably should. I am not a fan of slow play but I grew up playing 5hr rounds and to me anything faster than that is a huge win. As long as I'm not standing at my ball for 5 mins waiting every shot most of the time, I usually won't complain too much. Some guys need to shorten their pre-shot routine though and learn to play ready golf.

Well... i know a few, but when i read it i think of:

View attachment 8970864

Does that mean those children playing are all slow?
At least we know those children grow up to get jobs.
slow_men.jpg

Absolutely it should. I know a couple guys that I could give one to for Christmas.

I love it :)

Here's my thing... everyone complains about slow golfers. And everyone claims they are not slow golfers. Therefore, I suspect it's a lot like 'The Sixth Sense'...

'I'm ready to tell you my secret now'

'I see slow people'.

'They think they're fast. They don't know they're slow.'

:cool:

Back