Shout Out PGA Hero Program

SW_FL_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
-$$
Thought I would take a moment and check back in. Started playing in earnest again last August but life seemed to get in the way of making the best of it, again. Back at it yet again as of about six weeks ago.

Would like to make a big shout out to the PGA Hope program here in SW Florida. While not, gratefully, experiencing many of the issues for which this program was most likely set up for, it was opened up to all local veterans in the area. Alico Family Golf driving range in Ft. Myers sponsored 6 weeks of one hour instruction along with two 9 hole outings at local high end courses.

A big shout out to Alico Family Golf, Pelican Sound and Renaissance Golf Courses here for hosting 30 local veterans on their course free of charge! It was a class act on their part. THANK YOU!

I received an invitation for the Hope Program as a regular at the range and a vet. It got me off my rear end and started me back on a course of learning and playing again. I'm taking lessons, bought a membership at a local course for 2020 and am going in next week for a fitting for a complete new set of Ping 410's to replace my Adams Idea 12OS's, which have served me very well for the past few years. 2020 will be a long learning and pacing haul with much work to do. I'm greatly looking forward to it. GREAT community here. I'll continue to lurk and learn!!

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:
Welcome bob! Glad you found a program that’s helping you get in the course and playing! Be sure to share how your fitting goes.

That sounds like a great program. Best of luck and thank you for your service.

Back