Show us your hole....

My home course went back to normal/regular cups over the weekend.

Has your home course been open for the last few months or did they just open back up recently?

Has your home course been open for the last few months or did they just open back up recently?
They've been open throughout, never closed down. They've been using inverted cups, just installed them back the normal way this weekend. I noticed it Monday when we played. Still no touching the flagstick, no rakes in bunkers, no sand bottles on the carts, etc. though.

The course I played yesterday had the cup inserts upside down. Seemed to work just fine.

I don't know how possible it would be to do, but I would like to see something used that had less bounce effect on the ball. I saw a lot of balls yesterday, although considered holed per the local rule, that still rolled a foot, or so away from the pin after hitting it.

. .

The title of this thread remains all sorts of wrong.

anyway, my home course was able to get 18 fancy cup raiser thingies after only having a handful of them last week. Getting closer to regular golf with hearing/seeing the ball fall in the cup.

Another different experience today. Plastic discs. They were fine but did keep a couple balls out that would have went in. Still better than upside down or raised cups though

1B2E401C-CF80-4AB2-AC37-E289B97A1692.jpeg

Ours were raised cups until today. Now this is what we have

31eca2ae64429701c857e826b3f3967c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another different experience today. Plastic discs. They were fine but did keep a couple balls out that would have went in. Still better than upside down or raised cups though

View attachment 8942982

Looks unforgiving!

Ours were raised cups until today. Now this is what we have

31eca2ae64429701c857e826b3f3967c.jpg

Much better but looks like the ball hits the bottom?

Downfall of pool noodles...They float.

Had a good rain while out on the course today several cups filled up and loose noodles (lol) rose to the top.

20200516_095019.jpg

Did not snap a pic, but my course re-opened yesterday with pieces of pool noodles in the holes

So our course has those little lifter tools in the cups and they seem to be garbage. They get stuck you have to jam them back up or down and I've had to use my hand to get it back down a couple times. I'm wondering if maybe our course just got cheap ones, they don't seem to be high quality.

So our course has those little lifter tools in the cups and they seem to be garbage. They get stuck you have to jam them back up or down and I've had to use my hand to get it back down a couple times. I'm wondering if maybe our course just got cheap ones, they don't seem to be high quality.
That could be the case... or they may have been made in china:D

Got to my home course this weekend... I’m happy with these.

5C36031A-1FC5-4D43-8141-C18FDC60FC72.jpeg

Ace! Awesome!!

Pool noodle.

That seems way too shallow.
They’re maybe a hair high, but perhaps that photo may be subject to parallax effect more than I realized... I’ll try for a better shot next time I’m out. By my estimation, the ball is maybe 2 mm (1/16”) above the grass.

2C56A89E-DC13-4E60-AF1C-07CBBB21CF5E.jpeg

My course has just posted on Instagram that they have swapped the inverted cups for pool noodles. I’ve gotten used to hitting firm putts at the hole and making 40 footers here there and everywhere. I’m screwed the next time I play LOL
9E12621D-0295-493D-9C29-B78D04F13B61.jpeg

Attachments

• AA063AF0-1CDD-4BA7-8E80-4CE6355941BC.png
    AA063AF0-1CDD-4BA7-8E80-4CE6355941BC.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
Interesting that there was one of 18 but it wasn’t there prior. Thought I took a pic but didn’t it’s the hands free ball retriever. Maybe my course is changing over, I hope. The upside down cup sucks.

Looks unforgiving!

Much better but looks like the ball hits the bottom?

Ball drops around 2 inches. I have had several bouncy out from hitting flag since it doesn’t drop enough.

Back