Show Us Your Swing

Looks awesome @McLovin I'd like to see you get that face a little more shut to align with your back line starting at P5 to P6...then if you open you chest around P5.5 or so, you'll have less face manipulation through the ball (more consistency). If we could combine your footwork with mine, we'd be golden...you're a touch flat footed just after impact. Rotating the chest open more like I mentioned would help this. Overall, really frickin solid move my man 💪

i don’t know which P is which haha

for a few lessons we worked on the motorcycle move with the left wrist to start the downswing, because the face was too open. we haven’t looked at that recently, mostly he says he likes where the face is.

the passive trail foot is a struggle. we worked on a feel to lift the trail heel as early as possible in the downswing. it gave me much better attack (was too shallow before). but we haven’t done much with that lately, as attack has been good.

i would love the left hip more open at impact, as well as the chest. thanks for the comments!

Imagine a fat Jim Furyk. See, no need to post mine.

Imagine John Daly, slightly more athletic body now (slightly, lol) and 85% longer of a swing than is needed.

Hell maybe 90%.

Daly got better results but my full swing laughs at the shortness of his, ha (not distance, he probably blows it by me by a comfortable margin).

i don’t know which P is which haha

for a few lessons we worked on the motorcycle move with the left wrist to start the downswing, because the face was too open. we haven’t looked at that recently, mostly he says he likes where the face is.

the passive trail foot is a struggle. we worked on a feel to lift the trail heel as early as possible in the downswing. it gave me much better attack (was too shallow before). but we haven’t done much with that lately, as attack has been good.

i would love the left hip more open at impact, as well as the chest. thanks for the comments!
P5 is shaft parallel, P6 is left arm parallel to ground. With how good your swing is, and assuming you have speed, we like to see the face more shut to promote rotation through the shot. If you don't have as much speed and can't hold greens, and are hitting it super low, you may need to add loft, so the face where it is makes sense. It all depends on if you have the speed.

However, with speed, A more shut face is More Better.

you may want to ask your coach 'why?' he likes the face what I would call open, if he says to add some loft so you can hold greens, that's a great answer, if he says 🤷‍♂️keep asking questions. 😂

I don't think I have many swings recorded.
Do your worst @TrueMotionMatt

You could really benefit from working on your Pivot and Turn back...you have a little sway on the way back, your arms go back, but your chest stops turning back. Then you pull on the handle a bit and release it early coming into the ball with a little stand up. All very fixable...you look like you're athletic, so would be some easy stuff to work on.

You could really benefit from working on your Pivot and Turn back...you have a little sway on the way back, your arms go back, but your chest stops turning back. Then you pull on the handle a bit and release it early coming into the ball with a little stand up. All very fixable...you look like you're athletic, so would be some easy stuff to work on.
I think that's part of the issue. I'm used to having an athletic swing, now I'm too fat and out of shape to make it work. 🤷‍♂️

P5 is shaft parallel, P6 is left arm parallel to ground. With how good your swing is, and assuming you have speed, we like to see the face more shut to promote rotation through the shot. If you don't have as much speed and can't hold greens, and are hitting it super low, you may need to add loft, so the face where it is makes sense. It all depends on if you have the speed.

However, with speed, A more shut face is More Better.

you may want to ask your coach 'why?' he likes the face what I would call open, if he says to add some loft so you can hold greens, that's a great answer, if he says 🤷‍♂️keep asking questions. 😂

awesome, thanks! 7i speed is mid-high 80s, we think we will be at 90mph on average once the backswing stuff is more refined.

i have always been a low ball hitter, but with our time together this year it’s launching much better. rarely have problems holding greens though.

i’ll ask him about the face tomorrow 🤜

Sorry for the two part reply, I think I’ve figured out how to post a vid. That’s my kid smacking a 3w off the deck. Everyone’s seen my ugly swing and I know there’s no hope (or I’m not motivated enough to hope).

He’s 15 and a sophomore. Missed state qualifying by one after a 4 putt on 11. Didn’t work much in the off-season last year but it was a tough year. He seems more committed this offseason. I’m thinking a little more height on his shots to help him hold greens from further out and he can certainly swing harder. Going all out and not caring about direction I’ve seen him at 108 with driver.

Sorry for the two part reply, I think I’ve figured out how to post a vid. That’s my kid smacking a 3w off the deck. Everyone’s seen my ugly swing and I know there’s no hope (or I’m not motivated enough to hope).

He’s 15 and a sophomore. Missed state qualifying by one after a 4 putt on 11. Didn’t work much in the off-season last year but it was a tough year. He seems more committed this offseason. I’m thinking a little more height on his shots to help him hold greens from further out and he can certainly swing harder. Going all out and not caring about direction I’ve seen him at 108 with driver.
Yeah, he's a little bent over at SetUp, which causes him to stand up and release everything early and add loft; that's for sure slowing him down (losing speed). His first move into impact is good in that he starts his left hip, but then he just loses it a touch, pulls down the arms and comes out of his shot which is when all the speed is lost. His little early release is an attempt to add height, and he flips the club up instead of using his body to extend up. If you don't extend up through impact, then you'll hit it low for sure. I'd say if he's up for it, get some coaching. Let us know, Tim teaches several high level juniors and college bound players.

If he's swinging 108 with a driver, then he has plenty of speed to get the height he needs.

Him being able to hit 108 isn’t saying that it’s smart, he loses a lot of control so unless he is ticked (like 4 putting in the state qualifier 🤷‍♂️?) he’s usually playing right around 100-102.

Thanks for looking at it. I’m undecided but I want to see FT commitment from him before I commit the resources to it.

I was working on my driver swing yesterday and decided to video it. After looking at it I can see I have gotten more inside and under the plane on the take away and my arms/hands are running on/ riding up and off plane. I then decided to look at some of my older swings and have decided I need to get back to swing the swing of 50 year old me.

Yesterday

8 years ago.....

10 years ago

Here are the 8iron and GW swings from yesterday

8iron

Gap wedge

I also downloaded a tracer app to play with...

Driver

8 iron

Gap wedge

I still think the sound off this Tour B XBlade is insane.

Show off! It looks like you are in the backyard of your castle, but I don’t see a moat....

Looks pretty good...the swing of a strong player. If you're looking to improve, the right arm starts to bend too soon and thus restricts your turn. You look like. you get long, but that's all wrists and no turn. That causes you to release it early and rely on your hands for consistency. Getting you a little more turn would help you shallow out and then we could get you to rotate better through the shot to improve contact.

I was working on my driver swing yesterday and decided to video it. After looking at it I can see I have gotten more inside and under the plane on the take away and my arms/hands are running on/ riding up and off plane. I then decided to look at some of my older swings and have decided I need to get back to swing the swing of 50 year old me.

Yesterday

8 years ago.....

10 years ago

Here are the 8iron and GW swings from yesterday

8iron

Gap wedge

I also downloaded a tracer app to play with...

Driver

8 iron

Gap wedge

I agree the older swing is a better look....what's happening is that you're too bent over at SetUP (old and new swings alike) and that restricts your turn. In both swings, your right arm starts to bend early and that stops you turning and then gives you the feeling like you completed your turn when you didn't. If you stand a little taller at SetUp and then keep that right arm straighter (or the feeling of straighter) as long as you can, you'll get a much bigger turn which will allow you to shallow out the club better and not pull on the handle and get steep on the way down. Start by fixing the SetUp and then get that better turn and the rest will fall into place.

Looks pretty good...the swing of a strong player. If you're looking to improve, the right arm starts to bend too soon and thus restricts your turn. You look like. you get long, but that's all wrists and no turn. That causes you to release it early and rely on your hands for consistency. Getting you a little more turn would help you shallow out and then we could get you to rotate better through the shot to improve contact.
100%... my no 1 goal is getting more flexible.

I am hanging out at the @rehbirdie castle aka Bridgestone HQ haha

oh, I figured that was you right off your Friday podcast; getting back into the groove in your backyard.

I half expected slides

oh, I figured that was you right off your Friday podcast; getting back into the groove in your backyard.

I half expected slides
Oh man, I'd totally put that in my backyard, but divorce is WAY too expensive these days :ROFLMAO:

I agree the older swing is a better look....what's happening is that you're too bent over at SetUP (old and new swings alike) and that restricts your turn. In both swings, your right arm starts to bend early and that stops you turning and then gives you the feeling like you completed your turn when you didn't. If you stand a little taller at SetUp and then keep that right arm straighter (or the feeling of straighter) as long as you can, you'll get a much bigger turn which will allow you to shallow out the club better and not pull on the handle and get steep on the way down. Start by fixing the SetUp and then get that better turn and the rest will fall into place.
Thank you

Oh man, I'd totally put that in my backyard, but divorce is WAY too expensive these days :ROFLMAO:
A friend just designed / remodeled and installed a GC Quad sim in his basement. He HONESTLY had no idea why his wife split. He never mentioned to anyone in the family he was doing it. Granted, he’s the breadwinner but still... with construction that was 50-60 grand total

Back