Votes: 18 34.6%
  • All in the family

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • The jeffersons

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
Give me some Christina Applegate. Lol!

This will give you a little idea:

ah... I think this was just ahead of my time. I remember sanford and sons, the Jefferson's, and a few others. But I was pretty young.

Watching this... Archie minus the cigar is a perfect match for my father in law....

Last edited:
Maybe I’m misunderstanding but the Jeffersons wouldn’t or shouldn’t fly today.

You'd probably have to watch a few episodes of All In The Family to really understand it. It was offensive in ways that would in no way be acceptable to our modern "woke" society. And it wasn't even really considered "edgy" back then, it was just another network sitcom.
A few episodes? I think I probably saw most of the AITF episodes, at least the first 3-4 years. It seemed to get stale after that. It definitely was one of THE shows when it was on. It was offensive in a way that made my very conservative parents uneasy. Archie's buffoonery they felt was an insult to some of their very ingrained beliefs.

Married With Children

My block would make modern family look tame in comparison.

We have 8 houses on our cul-de-sac.

One house has two married women, one house has two married men, of which one was married before and has three children where his wife drug issues, but is now sober yet never accepted how he changed.

One house has a really nice autistic son but the father has issues with his neighbors about how he doesn't cut his lawn. One of those FU fences was built between houses that had fun conversations.

One house had the unfortunate situation of her husband beating her. Now, she suffers from drug and alcohol issues.

Two other homes had children just a bit older than mine and liked to party a bit.

Another house was into swinging as couples, but eventually, the wife was arrested for underage sex trafficking when she had a few "boyfriends" under the age of 18.

Then lastly you had my house. Yea, I know we must be crazy or something to stay here for 20 years. But, it was fun watching.

The TV show you could have had from our neighborhood would have made all reality shows look pale in comparison. A scripted show couldn't have been more unbelievable.
Oh man! What a neighborhood. I'm glad I'm on a few acres and my neighbors will not get closer than that:ROFLMAO:

Dukes of Hazzard with the General Lee car.

As I'm sitting here watching "shallow hal", I'm thinking this movie is not getting made today

That’s a good one... although it could be spun as having a positive body image... but you’re probably right... they wouldn’t make shallow Hal

If youve never seen The Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason and Art Carney check out the episode about Ralph going golfing and Norton giving him a lesson. If youve ever heard “Hello Ball” thats where it comes from. One of the funniest shows ever but im pretty sure it could never be made today. If i knew how i would post the scene its a classic.

All in the family.....But it should be!
Make people a little less sensitive.
Make people a little more accepting
Make people be a little thicker skin

it’s comedy!

Back