Si Woo Kim flash in the pan or a real deal?

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
After watching him in the Barbasol last month, and now watching poised to take the Wyndham Championship.

He seems to be in very good control of his game, and emotions.

He's got KJ Choi in his camp as a mentor so that certainly help this young man.

What are your thoughts?

HIs year has been up and down so far. Only being a pro for 4 years and I believe this is his first year on PGA tour I say it's to early to tell. His game is solid and has potential to be good on your. I say he will be a consistent player on tour but not a superstar

Didn't he also finish runner up in the US amateur a recently? He's got some serious game.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I didnt know the part about KJ, but that makes sense.
The one word that comes to mind is stoic.

I don't know who he is or what he has done. But if he is playing well enough to to win on he PGA tour within weeks of each other, I'd say he has what it takes

Considering how he's playing atm, he has nerves of steel... He seems to be in control of his game, and if he can do that week in week out, then he'll be something special for sure!

I think he wins this week and he'll start being a consistent finisher on the tour and winning some tournaments

Is any PGA pro a flash in the pan? I mean how many Play pros are there and what percent have won on any tour.

The young man has a very, very sound swing. I think we'll hear more out of him. He's only 21.

The young man has a very, very sound swing. I think we'll hear more out of him. He's only 21.
I don't know how how else to word this, a lot of Korean/Asian players have similar characteristics. Picture perfect swings and seemingly bright futures. But somehow are not competitive week in and week out.

Is any PGA pro a flash in the pan? I mean how many Play pros are there and what percent have won on any tour.

My bad wording bro, but the gist remains the same.

I didnt know the part about KJ, but that makes sense.
The one word that comes to mind is stoic.

Stoic is so accurate. And for me it's boring as a viewing consumer. Throw me a bone, let me know that you're alive.

Hard to say. Maybe a flash in a nice pan. Like a Le Creusset or All Clad?

He looked really solid to me. Guess we won't know for a while! See if he shows up in any other tournaments!

Something about how he carries himself on the golf course this tournament, especially today's final round, that makes me think he's a player. Hope to see much more of him.

Back