JB, were you fitted for the SIK? Or just testing it out?

Nope, but I did test during my fitting. We happen to have a few in the Tech Studio.

Great primer on the tech in these. After being fit for mine at CC I was pretty hungry for info, but there's not a ton of it out there. Hopefully they'll get some better exposure in retail outlets at some point, because I think the face tech is legit and a lot of folks will enjoy them. Also the ability to choose your hosel design makes these approachable for a pretty wide variety of golfers.

As stated by the staffers, these put a great roll on the ball. Feel wise, this was a close second to the Toulon Chicago in my fitting, but the performance was better so we went with the Sik. Finish wise I don't think these are the fanciest milled putters in the world, but I kind of like the look and had no issues looking down at this while I practiced at the local course. Really excited to give this putter an extended run this year and see how it impacts my putting.

PS - The standard pistol is pretty darn skinny! May just be me, but FYI if anyone is ordering. I went with it because that's what they had on the one I was rolling at CC, which is a pretty huge departure from previous grip setups for me.

Similar end goals for sure. Big difference though has you know is the Teardrop’s whole face was rolled where this one is four level surfaces.

Also, we are old for knowing Teardrop.:ROFLMAO:

HAHA.. for sure old.. Yeah different. I think the sik version is a better version as its goal is to maintain a specific loft. I dont remember the tear drop doing that. I just remember Fred Couples had a tear drop, so I had to get one..

Similar end goals for sure. Big difference though has you know is the Teardrop’s whole face was rolled where this one is four level surfaces.

Also, we are old for knowing Teardrop.:ROFLMAO:

I had a Teardrop putter back in the day. I know I am old.

over the last couple months, i've gone from lukewarm on these to really wanting to try them

over the last couple months, i've gone from lukewarm on these to really wanting to try them
The feel/sound is solid. I came away much more impressed than I expected.

The feel/sound is solid. I came away much more impressed than I expected.
the comments you and JB are making about the roll makes them impossible to ignore at this point (y)

So I am doing some testing with high frame rate recording right now and the forward roll I am seeing here is pretty fantastic. Virtually no skid at all.

Love the tech involved. Surprised no other OEM has "borrowed" any of it yet. At $450 for the model I would want to try (LH double-neck FLO), can't see it in my bag in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

32 putts on my first outing with the Sik DW on a course I've never played before. Green reading was a mess, which is 100% on me. The roll this putter puts on the ball is fantastic. I'm still on the fence about the grip as it's just so skinny compared to my usual options. Definitely got wristy on a couple that cost me some strokes. Supposed to be nice this week so going to try and get some more outdoor practice with it.

Of all the technology clubs tout, the DLT seems to make sense. Although, for the avg joe like me, 12 hc, the price and advantages may not fit me. Will it shave strokes off my score? I am doubtful. I putt pretty good right now with my O SL DW and it's hard to imagine any putter making a difference in my game. With that being said, I would like to demo one just to see how it feels and works, but most likely won't be purchasing one for the reasons I stated. Good luck to those who get them, maybe I will buy used in the future?

I buy into the design behind these putters, but rolling them recently at a Club Champion putter fitting I wasn't sold on the feel. But as I am learning with putters, I need more than a few rolls to sort out a putter. I will revisit at some point.
Count me in this camp on the feel.

That all makes sense. Really sounds like something I need to try.
The Cobra partnership with SIK I think might mean we get to try this descending loft techbonnour Cobra putters.

Been a while since I updated in here. Still rolling the DW. Took me a good while to get used to the speed with this one, but I think that is more a result of my fitting than the putter itself. Getting a great immediate roll that requires a much shorter stroke. Alignment with this one has been really natural for me and so far the finish has held up great. I did change out the grip to a SS Pistol GT 1.0. The stock one was just too darn skinny for me. Feel is entirely personal, but I wouldn't call this the softest milled putter I've used. Sound isn't clicky or anything like that but it's definitely firmer than something like a Betti FIT face or some of the insert putters I've used.

Looking forward to this being my gamer for the season!

Been a while since I updated in here. Still rolling the DW. Took me a good while to get used to the speed with this one, but I think that is more a result of my fitting than the putter itself. Getting a great immediate roll that requires a much shorter stroke. Alignment with this one has been really natural for me and so far the finish has held up great. I did change out the grip to a SS Pistol GT 1.0. The stock one was just too darn skinny for me. Feel is entirely personal, but I wouldn't call this the softest milled putter I've used. Sound isn't clicky or anything like that but it's definitely firmer than something like a Betti FIT face or some of the insert putters I've used.

Looking forward to this being my gamer for the season!

Always nice when a fitting helps you get it going.
Personally I agree with you on the feel.

Always nice when a fitting helps you get it going.
Personally I agree with you on the feel.

If I can continue with what I saw in league this week, I could be dangerous on the greens. Not something anyone would historically say about me.

Last edited:
  • Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Back