Sim golf addiction.

I recently joined a “tour” to make sure I play two rounds a week now and it’s been fun. Having a leaderboard and others to play against makes it good practice for the real thing.

Yes and then yes again. It's what I do most weekends. I'm really itching to get outside and would obviously choose that every time, but being on a sim really helps keep everything going over the cold snowy months here

I recently joined a “tour” to make sure I play two rounds a week now and it’s been fun. Having a leaderboard and others to play against makes it good practice for the real thing.

Took you long enough.
I’m going uneekor BTW.

You can do both if you get the right simulator.
Yep, where I practice, the TrackMan is set up to either play sim golf or simply use the launch monitor.

I’m in Northern Alberta so we are lucky if our season starts in late April and goes till the first weekend in October. I enjoy sim golf but definitely prefer the real thing. I try to get out once every couple weeks now that it is open again. I’m hoping to purchase a launch monitor for next winter and will play/practice all winter

For some reason, sim golf does not do much for me. I would much rather just spend the time on the launch monitor, working on my swing.

I like mixing up the clubs and thinking about distance, elevation change, etc. even when I’m at a regular outdoor range I hit a few of each club then try to play a pretend game, going back and forth between driver, irons, wedges

I like mixing up the clubs and thinking about distance, elevation change, etc. even when I’m at a regular outdoor range I hit a few of each club then try to play a pretend game, going back and forth between driver, irons, wedges
Very valid, good point.

Very valid, good point.
We play a lot of wedge games or courses from odd length tees requiring different shots or limit tee shot to irons or hybrids.

I played all last winter and the best part was I didn't get out of golf shape. Didn't take a week or so to find my swing.
It's not the same as real golf but it will suffice when it's 0 outside.

Back