Sim Golf: What did you shoot today?

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
We have had a "What did you shoot today" thread for a long time. Since it's winter and there is a lot of Simulator Golf being played right now. I thought it was fitting for us to have a Sim Golf score thread. This thread is for those who want to post their sim scores. I know sim golf isn't the same as real golf. But I thought this would be fun. Also would like to know which course you chose and what
"GIMME" length you had set. As well if you took any mulligans.

Score: 46/39 for 85

Course: Pine Needles (I never heard of it and don't know where it is) Edit: it's in SC

GIMME Length: 6'

Mulligans: 0

Last edited:
Good thread. From Tuesday and first time swinging the new hogan ptx.
6 ft gimme

Old course St Andrew back 9: 40
Kapalua plantation front 9: 41

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Oh boy...Saturday
63/44 with 2 or 3 birdies.
Front 9 was cog hill and sim essentially said all tee balls that didnt go into fairway were OB so our group had some penalty strokes
Switched to another course on back a little more generous
Short game was obviously amazing lol

Had my first sim golf experience using a tru golf system the other week. It was pretty neat and actually enjoyed myself.

Shot a 37 at Pebble Beach. Went +3 after the first 4 holes due to the lame putting system. Went to an auto putt and shot -2 the remainder of the 5 holes. I'd likely do sim golf and forego putting again. Putting was just an awful experience and really doesn't add value. I just want to hit balls.

shot a 44 with my buddy in league. 9 hole scramble, not the best from us but it was only the first week and its been a month since we played.

Schnergun and i shot 3 under in league...2 man scramble. It was fun as we played Hazeltine (Ryder Cup) set up.

Neat thread BF. Maddog and I do a 9 hole weekly league I'll be updating for sure.

Played Sunday. About golf sim. Course was pine needles myrtle (same as op). Shot 76 with 6' gimmes and no mulligans. 17 GIR and 14 fairways.

HD Golf Sim

St Andrew's Old Course Front Nine

3 ft gimmes, three putt max - greens were ridiculous. I had one first putt of 96 ft.

Great thread. Reading some of the comments on how different sims handle things like putting and such made me wonder - any interest in a thread comparing/reviewing the highs and lows of various sim products? I've played a lot of rounds now on SportsCoach and HD Golf, and each does some thngs well and some things pretty poorly.

Neat thread BF. Maddog and I do a 9 hole weekly league I'll be updating for sure.

we play on an ABOUT GOLF sim in our league 3' is gimme range. 9 hole rounds. I am sure one of us will be posting.

we have had "outings" before with THPer's and are looking to get another winter "outing" this season, will post results!

I play in a PGA Tour simulator league on Tuesdays. It good to keep the swing active over the winter in NY. I have the Optishot setup in my garage which is fun. If you get the season pass with Optishot they have 2 tournaments a month with prizes.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I play in a sim league on about golf Sims. Shot -2 on Kapalua Plantation course on the back 9. 6' gimmies and the pro tees I believe

Love the reply's guys. Winter makes us have the golf blues. But at least the sim can cure it for a moment.

HD Golf Sim

St Andrew's Old Course Front Nine

3 ft gimmes, three putt max - greens were ridiculous. I had one first putt of 96 ft.

Great thread. Reading some of the comments on how different sims handle things like putting and such made me wonder - any interest in a thread comparing/reviewing the highs and lows of various sim products? I've played a lot of rounds now on SportsCoach and HD Golf, and each does some thngs well and some things pretty poorly.

For extensive golf sim discussion you may want to check out GOLFSIMULATORFORUM.COM. The die hard sim guys chat there. Absolutely endless discussion on golf sims. I got sucked into a youtube hole of watching guys create their own sim courses....

I am in a sim league on Wed. Shot 45 at Bay Harbor.

Ha, I could fill up this thread a lot. I'll play 3-4 rounds a week at home on TGC with my Skytrak. There is a weekly tournament and a group of us play network games. My last round was the first round of this weeks tour stop, being played at The Baltasar, Spingfiled NJ, 6652yds. Shot an 88.

I have noticed that playing on the simulator has improved my real golf game quite a bit. Mainly it's the shots to the green that improved. I have so much trouble putting on the simulators.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kapalua Plantation back 9
TruGolf
6 foot gimmes

Hit the ball pretty week, but putting in the sim kills me. Think I had the 3 putts and one 4 putt.

Waterlefe
Back 9 - Advanced Pin Placement
3 Foot Gimmies
No Mulligans

I shot even 36.
Maddog shot 2 under 34.

I had 7 pars, 1 birdie, 1 bogey.
Maddog had 3 birdies and 1 bogey. If I'm remembering correctly fairly certain his birdied were all gimmies. He was hitting his Steelheads and Wedges pretty damn well.

Hung out Friday night at Play-a-Round golf. On their about golf sim, played pebble. Shot 52/38. With no mulligans and 9' gimmes. Apparently when you hit a ball off a cliff into the ocean in a sim, it's just as lost as in real life. Got it together for the backside....

For extensive golf sim discussion you may want to check out GOLFSIMULATORFORUM.COM. The die hard sim guys chat there. Absolutely endless discussion on golf sims. I got sucked into a youtube hole of watching guys create their own sim courses....

I went there briefly last night. Your assessment is spot on. Answered questions I wasn't even sure I had. Thanks for the tip!

I went there briefly last night. Your assessment is spot on. Answered questions I wasn't even sure I had. Thanks for the tip!
Glad to help. I'm planning out a sim build for my house and someone here turned me on to it. been a steady diet of reading there as a compliment to THP.

Glad to help. I'm planning out a sim build for my house and someone here turned me on to it. been a steady diet of reading there as a compliment to THP.

I'm envious.

I played SIM golf today for the first time in years. Shot an 82 at Banff Springs. I could not figure out the putting (39 putts with 6 foot gimmes) at all and almost every iron was a big draw and close to a hook. It was interesting. I will do it again just to get out and swing the clubs.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Not today but my only sim round this year was on an AboutGolf setup at our local Elks Lodge on the 'Best of' Myrtle Beach course...shot an 82 with a mulligan per side and 3' gimmies... you all are right its just a great way to keep the swing fresh. Distances are spot on and short game stuff is kind of wonky. I do better than most I assume from playing more video game golf than most and just have an easy time adapting to it... older guys I play with have no clue. They hate reading the "sand fleas" as they call them that indicate green contours and such. Its fun... the other big problem a lot of people have is just taking a full swing indoors without worrying about the 11 foot ceiling...

Back