Sim Golf: What did you shoot today?

Ashley Farms is a nice little course to boost confidence. Not too many tough holes.

We should have a contest for all the Sim players here' One week we all pick to play the same course with the same gimme range and pin placement and post up the scores.

Ashley Farms is a nice little course to boost confidence. Not too many tough holes.

We should have a contest for all the Sim players here' One week we all pick to play the same course with the same gimme range and pin placement and post up the scores.
That's actually a really neat idea. I'd definitely be down for that! And totally agree about Ashley farms. When I'm practicing that's the course I go to.

When I choose a course like Pebble Beach, and I'm +9 after 3, I usually quit and play Ashley Farms, lol.

Wife and I played our first two sim games the past three weeks.
10 ft gimmies, no mulligans
91 at Pebble Beach
88 at troon north
Getting antsy to get outdoors

571b5db75763c5549664cfc4eb32500c.jpg

9 hole league score today, 3 foot gimmies, no mulligans, not a bad round

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Played Kapalua , regular mens, 10 foot, no mulligans-97

Found it a tough course.

49 on the front at Bay Hill, 3 ft gimmes. Tried the new putter for the first time and I'm still getting dialed in, and I had about six shots where I left the clubface way open. It was a makeup round and I paced myself poorly.

Anyone playing this week? Should we agree on a course and make it an unofficial THP competition?

How do Handicaps come into play on a sim, lol?

Anyone playing this week? Should we agree on a course and make it an unofficial THP competition?

How do Handicaps come into play on a sim, lol?
Maddog and I will probably get a round in sometime this week. We play on About Golf guessing you do as well if you're familiar with Ashley Farms. I know the guy I work for has a handicap formula but I'm not sure how he does it lol. I'm game for any of the courses we have. I think we only have the courses that initially come with it tho he doesn't have any real fancy ones.

Still playing indoors. A few courses open with temp greens on rock hard dead fairways. We played Latrobe. No wind, no ice, no snow, lol. The whites, 10 ft gimme, shot an 89. Driver was almost dead straight today

Played the Venetian Golf and River Club (I think that's what it was called). I shot a 40/38 with 6' gimmies. Sim golf is ok. Better than no golf. Not sure how accurate the number are tho. Seemed like it was more than a club off. Not sure why.

We play at X-Golf for leagues. I shot 7 over at Spyglass for a 79, this last Wednesday.

With that being said, i certainty question the accuracy of the program they use, because there is NO way I would shoot a 79 at this course in real life!

Last edited:
We play at X-Golf for leagues. I shot 7 over at Spyglass for a 79, this last Wednesday.

With that being said, i certainty question the accuracy of the program they use, because there is NO way I would shoot a 79 at this course in real life!

Usually sim golf is good for 7-8 strokes less than real life golf.

Played Oakmont on a sim yesterday. It was not an about golf sim either. It was more like a cheap opti shot. When you hit, it sounds like your hitting a hard plastic. You guys know what I mean. They are at Valleywood Golf course. Will not be playing on those sim again. Shot a blah 93 with 6' gimmies. Putting sucked on the "Opti Shot" type of sim that was at the course.

Shot a 37-34-71

Cyprus Point
6 foot gimmies

Love that course and would absolutely love love love to play it in real life. #16 is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played on a top tracer type sim, no screen you hit into. It was in a golf dome and your shots show up on a TV behind you. Played St Andrews and had a 40/40, only wish I would golf that good most of the time, was still good to get in some swings.

Started out so good on round 1 of GSP pro PGA tour. Couldn't hit a fairway as the course is tighter than most. And had 2 flubs out of green side bunkers, the rough on the edge grabbed your ball and wouldn't bounce out onto the green. Oh well, can play round 2 tonight.

1612966813028.png

Shot a mere 22 over at Innisbrook over the weekend... havent done Sim golf in a while whoops!

Played Spyglass and shot a 39-38-77 with 6 foot gimmies. I don’t know how you guys up north deal with this weather. We are 3 days in and it’s already driving me crazy. And we are supposed to get below zero Monday night. Eff that!

Played Pebble with my buddies today. Shot a 42-36-78. Hitting balls onto the beach isn’t a good strategy for a low score. I did have one great shot though. Smoke a 4 iron from 220 yards to 7 feet. Missed the eagle putt of course :(.

We usually play 2 man scrambles on our local sim. Played Banff today - beautiful course.

What do you guys do with the lie penalty setting? We just turn it off. Keeps it light and fun.

My second round SGT tours at Riviera. Play lots better, my swing is feeling a bit more natural now that I've played a bit more recently. Nothing to complain of really, just need to get more VLA on my drives. I'm losing yards. I'm currently in 20th, that could change as people haven't done their second round yet. Only 2 rounds on the Web Tour on SGT.
Got my webcam up and running, so now I can record/stream rounds. I have the graphics turned down, but everything worked well, so will increase the graphics for next round.

1613658165200.png

Last edited:
I shot 66 yesterday on some Hawaiian course. We use the 'autoscore' mode because Mevo+ doesn't do well with short chips (15 feet and less). But honestly, the real reason my score is low is because 'autoscore' includes a 'hotstreak' boost that takes one off the autoscore if your preceding 3 holes were par or better. Apparently I chipped in twice from 35 feet thanks to the hotstreak.

In reality, without hotstreak, I shot 77.

~Rock

PGA tour round at Riviera. One tee longer than the Web tour. I started off badly, and finished off strong.
39/33 for a 1 over 72. I increased the graphics for this round. My computer could handle it, so may try a little more next round.

Last edited:
Back