Sim Golf: What did you shoot today?

I have been shooting in the mid to low 70s (Spyglass, Pebble, a few others), but unlike real golf mats are forgiving and I always have a perfect lie.

Our league round this week was on the front nine at The Old Course. Today I shot an even par 36. Prior to this I’d pretty much been stuck on +2 all season. Next week is Medinah.

Last edited:
I played Sea Island on the SIM today at a cool place here on Long Island Called "Pickle and Par" Pickle ball courts and Sim bays, and putting green really cool place.

I shot 39 on the front and 29 on the back. For a 68, much better than the 90 I shot on Wednesday (Spanish Bay).

I hit 16 of 18 greens, and had auto put on. On the front it gave me two three putts from long distance, but on the back it gave me some silly one putts, it gave my 2 or 3 putts inside of 10' snd also gave me a 35' for birdie and a 42' for eagle, on the back.

Shot an OK 35-38-73 at Riviera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played PGA National using Autoputt. I shot +6 from 6800 yards. Fun course. I drove the ball poorly in the beginning leading to a pair of doubles but settled down.

79 on Green Mountain GC Hua Hin (spelling?) 3 over on the front and 4 over on the back. 1 birdie. First round in 5 days. Hit the ball pretty good.

Shot a million at Medinah last week...one of those rounds where the wheels came off and there was no getting them back. 🤷‍♂️ Playing Quail Hollow tomorrow, expecting to do much better.

We usually play 2 man scrambles on our local sim. Played Banff today - beautiful course.

What do you guys do with the lie penalty setting? We just turn it off. Keeps it light and fun.

we turn off the bunker and hazard lies also. This is for swings, not real scores. Also, chipping is tough enough. I have such a hard time judging distance on chips. Not sure I ever miss the green from inside 30 yards on a real course. Ha!

Auto putt on and way too friendly with only listing me with 24 putts, but a 38+35=73 is something I will take every day. Played 6400 tees

1044759F-A026-40C0-B7C0-0B675D1F1A97.jpeg

Forgot to post this yesterday. Course looks fantastic on GSPro. Forget its still a beta sometimes. Not bad for free :D. A +7, after a +2 for total of +9. I played horribly this round, and lost focus a few times. It was good enough for 12th place. Always next week.

we turn off the bunker and hazard lies also. This is for swings, not real scores. Also, chipping is tough enough. I have such a hard time judging distance on chips. Not sure I ever miss the green from inside 30 yards on a real course. Ha!

I struggle with depth perception on chipping as well. In real life, I chip to a spot and let it run out... my brain has a tough time doing that into a screen. I can't seem to judge the distance well. I find I play a lot more flops and one-hop-stops with lots of spin instead since 1) the sim ALWAYS generates more spin than I do IRL, haha, and 2) I seem to be better at judging the distance to the hole than I am a bump-and-run on the sim.

I struggle with depth perception on chipping as well. In real life, I chip to a spot and let it run out... my brain has a tough time doing that into a screen. I can't seem to judge the distance well. I find I play a lot more flops and one-hop-stops with lots of spin instead since 1) the sim ALWAYS generates more spin than I do IRL, haha, and 2) I seem to be better at judging the distance to the hole than I am a bump-and-run on the sim.

Yeah, trying to visual and feel 27 yards out on the screen doesn't work for me. Ha! Good to hit full swings tho when it's 10° outside

Yeah, trying to visual and feel 27 yards out on the screen doesn't work for me. Ha! Good to hit full swings tho when it's 10° outside

For sure - we found a great bring your own food/beer sim that we've really enjoyed this year while the snow was on the ground...

73, +1 on Valhalla round 1 0f 2 on my WEb Tour event this week on SGT.
Really short course from the WEB tees, but that didn't make it easy. Greens were tough.

78 for round 2 of 2. Think I'm in 10th atm. Just couldn't get a putt to drop. And hard fairways is different for sure. And I'm just dumb sometimes :ROFLMAO:

+1 at French Lick. Missed a twelve footer for par on the last hole.

Back