Similar games...???

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have a regular (or somewhat regular) playing companion / friend - who plays about the same as you (scoring wise)... ???

Yes. My regular foursome all of us are separated by 2-3 points handicap-wise.

Yep. I have a good friend I play with a lot, we're normally within 5 strokes of each other. I think he unfortunately plays down to my level sometimes :ROFLMAO:

Right now (last year or so), my most frequent playing partner is a friend about 25 years younger than myself. He is around a 6 something hdcp, and I am around a 12. But, we enjoyed playing together and neither one’s game seems to be an imposition on the other. I feel like his better play helps my game. Thankful that he doesn’t mind hanging with a senior like myself.

Yes, my 3 most frequent playing partners and I are all around the same, it’s a toss-up on any given day who will score better.

My longtime playing partner (actually he was my f-i-l's best friend who doesn't play much anymore) and I are pretty similar even though there's 16 years between us. I've been called his son & his brother, mostly due to us both still having full heads of hair and beards and being about the same height. It's kinda funny.
He's a lefty and still hits it pretty well though father time has been catching up with him a little more. He still has days that he lights it up and my best can barely keep up. Then he has days where he's fire out the gate and fades badly. For about years though it was a toss up who would shoot lower any given round or course.
I've even helped him acquire most of his clubs and we play similar set-ups. A lot of Callaway... he's a big Phil fan.

I do and he's 72 years old and carries a 1 index. He's an inspiration that gives me hope that I can hold off father time for a bit longer!:)

Not even close. All the people I play with are tons lower than I am. However, personality wise we are close to the same.

I give my buddy 1 per side, another buddy 7 total

With my son and cousin - we play straight up

I’ve played the majority of my rounds the last few years with Alyssa. She’s way better than I am, so we play match play which is my only shot. And I normally lose 6&5.

Between the 3 or 4 guys I usually play with, we are all close in age, 65-69. None of us has a registered handicap and on a given day, we all score about the same.

My normal playing partner is a colleague that is 30 years older but we joined at local course about a year ago.
We play the game totally differently but score almost exactly the same.
He is like 40 yards shorter than me, but always hits the middle of the fairway and is a killer out of bunkers/around the green.

Yeah my main playing partner is roughly the same handicap as me, although he usually beats me when we play together. Our usual 3rd is just slightly worse than me.

1639009883737.png

Yes, my normal playing buddy and I will both usually shoot somewhere between 85 and 92. On a good day I get down to around 83 and his best days are usually about 86. We've worked and golfed together for about 23 years now

There is a regular group of guys I get together with for a skins game on Sundays, and when I can i join another group on Monday, Tuesday and/or Thursday mornings.

Have several guys I play with, some lower some higher but we all have fun. I have no preference of who I play with as long as we keep moving and have a good time.

My regular foursome plays 3 times a week in the golf season. There are three of us who shoot about the same.

No. I play against some, but we're kind of spread out around the courses here. Most have been here longer than I have too, and a lot have earned spots at really private clubs. They mostly play there. I'm honestly amazed at home many plus handicaps there are in this area, but on the whole it's still a pretty small number, so not that easy to find as a regular partner. My regular guys are all single caps or close though, not that it matters to me. None of them play from my tees, so our way around the courses are pretty different anyway.

I had a coworker that I'd play golf with but he retired and moved away. He would normally shoot in the mid 90's when he kept score. I shoot in the 110's.

My son shoots about the same as me but we don't play often. I'm still trying to get him to understand that his score is him vs the course, not him vs me.

From the 1980s to 2018 there were 12 of us who would get together and play 1-2 times a month.

We were life long friends. Some from grade school.

Two were much better than rest of us, with two more who were not so good. That said, scores didn't really matter.

Fast forward to now. There are now 4 of us still playing regulary. The other 8 have either passed on, moved out of the area, or can no longer play due to health reasons.

The 4 of us still get together to play 1-2 times a month. We play in the mid 80s score wise.

Most of the time I just pay my fees, and head to the first tee. Due to personal schedules, as solo walk ons, it's not uncommon to play with the same guys a few times a month/year. We just know each other from our golfing. Just first names, and no other history. Most of us are with in 2-3 strokes of each other.

I am a 3.7 index right now. My regular group of 8-12 guys all range between 0 and say 8 index. We usually have some strokes going in the big match but there are frequently side matches going with no strokes being given.

This is one of the things I really love about being a member at a club again. For the 3 years prior to last year after I got back into golf I mostly grabbed a tee time as a single. I didn't have a regular group of guys and never had a match. I still loved being out there and met some good guys but I missed playing with similar golfers and having a match. We don't play for a ton of money $10-20 usually but it is nice to have something to pay attention to besides your own score.

Yeah, me and my main partner play $1/hole no strokes every time we go out. We both go on runs from time to time, but over the long haul in sum, the amount ofoney that has actually changed hands is not much.

I have moved around a bit. I do go on trips with a network of about 20 buddies. Exactly who travels with me varies. I'm a mid point for that group. A few a bit lower caps a few similar and a few a couple higher. All are solid guys with solid games.

Yes, I play a lot with a friend who's handicap is 2 strokes higher, but he is more consistent, so we are an even match.

Back