Simple Loft-Lie Measurement Tool

GolferDad66

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
With all talk about checking Loft/Lie on clubs, I was searching around and came across the following. While I am not ready to fix my own clubs, and buy the necessary equipment, I came across this simply tool - $15 - that seems to handle measurements. If I check the clubs, then I can go to someone to fix those out of whack. Has anyone ever tried this (or heard of this)? Is it good, or total junk?

Loft-Lie Finder.jpg

Yes, it works as long as your club is laying flat on the proper part of the sole (For lie) and the clubhead is square on both planes for loft (not open, not closed, delofted or uplofted)

I use the economy loft and lie gauge, and you can totally use that angle finder for it:
1626207530785.png

It's $71 plus about $30 in shipping. Instead of that analog finder, i use two digital angle gauges. They have magnetic bases.

I put a razor blade on one of the finders' magnetic bases and put the edge of the blade in the grooves. When that angle reads 0, it's true "flat" and i use the lines on the economy gauge above to make sure face is not open or closed.

2nd angle finder is on the shaft which reads the true lie when the one in the grooves is at 0.

I'll post a picture later of my actual setup with me using it when i get a chance... it's slightly cumbersome and takes two hands but once you get the hang of it, it's quick and accurate. Far more accurate than just holding the club and eyeballing it flat and then using the analog finder.

My workbench is on a slight incline (garage floor not true flat) so I need to make sure the first angle finder in the grooves is at 0 before I read the lie angle on the 2nd angle gauge.

With all talk about checking Loft/Lie on clubs, I was searching around and came across the following. While I am not ready to fix my own clubs, and buy the necessary equipment, I came across this simply tool - $15 - that seems to handle measurements. If I check the clubs, then I can go to someone to fix those out of whack. Has anyone ever tried this (or heard of this)? Is it good, or total junk?

View attachment 9016436
Just was driving deep into building and was going to purchase one of these, apparently hard to find. But had to pause my club building purchases during moving to a different town. Did you use it?

Back