Simulator Courses

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
If you had a Foresight FSX simulator which courses would you get?

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/courses (Pebble Beach and St Andrews)

I've gotten a few so far and have tried to get a mix of courses from Links style to Parkland to courses with a lot of water to not a lot of water. There are some Major Championship courses on there.

*Note* If you do get FSX, do not pay these prices for the courses

Have you considered The Golf Club 2019? There is a way to get that simulator software to run with a GC2. That's one flat fee for thousands of courses

I have considered it.

Holy Moly, those prices for Pebble and St. Andrews! :eek:

Out of the standard courses, I'd want Aronimink, Big Sur, Carnoustie, Coeur D'Alene (for sure), Doral, Hidden Shoals (looks fun!), La Jolla Pines (assuming that's their name for Torrey Pines), Pelican Hill and Royal Troon.

Have you considered The Golf Club 2019? There is a way to get that simulator software to run with a GC2. That's one flat fee for thousands of courses
The great thing about TGC 2019 is you can make a LIDAR replica of almost any course you want.

There is a great YouTube channel with flyovers of all the courses that will really help you decide! I have a few favorites, including Coeur d'Alene

Yeah, TGC seems more and more like the wise investment with Skytrak!

New sim game coming in august. Will have realistic ball physics, and will be reasonably priced. I'm skipping tgc myself. Have looked at FSX, seems pricey, but the fitting software is unmatched elsewhere.

As for fsx if I had to choose between St. Andrews and Pebble. Personally I would choose Pebble.

People seriously pay that much for a simulator course......I mean I get it, you have already paid so much for the simulator itself but $500-$1500 dollars for a course....I guess that pushes me buying a simulator one day even further off.

Edit: I did just notice those prices are for "premium courses", that being said it is still ridiculous that you are looking at $150 for the standard. I'm a financial analyst with degree's in accounting so it is in my DNA to be cheap, but that still just blows my mind.

That being said, Premium I'm going with either Pebble or Spyglass, Standard Coeur D'Alene, Doral, and Congressional

If you had to pay that much for a course, you could count me out. It not only pushes the days back on buying the simulator, it may push it totally away.

New sim game coming in august. Will have realistic ball physics, and will be reasonably priced. I'm skipping tgc myself. Have looked at FSX, seems pricey, but the fitting software is unmatched elsewhere.

As for fsx if I had to choose between St. Andrews and Pebble. Personally I would choose Pebble.

I've heard this mentioned before. What's the new sim game and will it be available for most launch monitors?

I've heard this mentioned before. What's the new sim game and will it be available for most launch monitors?
It's being developed by a fellow that was angry that perfect golf got sold to trackman and trackman was cutting off all sims access to the game in August except trackman users.
Most monitors will be supported I believe. Everything should work on release, except possibly multiplayer which would follow shortly.
Will be competitively priced (affordable).
Most videos are private for the development so far, but here's a demo on his youtube page;

If you had a Foresight FSX simulator which courses would you get?

https://shop.foresightsports.com/collections/courses (Pebble Beach and St Andrews)

I've gotten a few so far and have tried to get a mix of courses from Links style to Parkland to courses with a lot of water to not a lot of water. There are some Major Championship courses on there.

*Note* If you do get FSX, do not pay these prices for the courses

my buddy has a foresight simulator. He mentioned it was crazy expensive for real courses

any suggestions on getting reasonably priced plans?

my buddy has a foresight simulator. He mentioned it was crazy expensive for real courses

They run package deals quite often which will have 3 courses for around $150. Here is the most recent one.

IMG_1883.jpg

If he has a quad or gc2 he should look at GSPro. It’s in beta but really good already.

If he has a quad or gc2 he should look at GSPro. It’s in beta but really good already.

This. It blows FSX away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, TGC seems more and more like the wise investment with Skytrak!

I prefer the play of E6 connect. It plays more like real golf without the crazy bounces. E6 was made as a golf sim while TGC was made as a video game and ported to a golf sim. I am, however, jealous of the courses and the better graphics.

The best will be GSPro. A lot of E6 users have made the transition and not renewing their E6.

As mentioned above, TGC is a video game that someone made an interface to read certain launch monitors. Lots of courses, a lot of bad courses. Unrealistic physics. No updates. I’d stay away.

Back