Single sleeves of balls

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Where is everyone getting theirs?

I'm on the hunt for a new ball because the elixr I have been using are too spinny into the greens.

searching for a new ball can get pricy, so I'm looking to just pick up individual sleeves for testing.
The course where I play only has Titleist. Golf galaxy has chrome soft, but no chrome soft x and the Bridgestone selection is slim.

Any online retailers sell sleeves?

Last edited:
I don't know of any place that sells sleeves but you could get like a mixed bag of gently used/recycled balls on a few different sites, and I think based on 'levels' of them ie top tier being say chrome soft, tp5, zstar, etc

I was gonna say "in the pro shop" but only having Titleist as an option doesn't help. Maybe another local course would have a wider selection?

That's not a bad idea. May end up getting some I have already tested but it would be cheaper I suppose. Although I doubt they would have new generation balls this early. 🤔

I was gonna say "in the pro shop" but only having Titleist as an option doesn't help. Maybe another local course would have a wider selection?
Yeah, sister course is the same way. Our old coursenis mostly wilson.

Snell sells a test kit that includes their various balls. Not individual sleeves, but a dozen. Each sleeve can be a different ball (MTB, MTBx, Get Sum, etc.).

Want a sleeve or 2 of Bridgestone B XS?

If you do a virtual fitting with Titleist, they will send you mini sleeves of the ball you are looking to play... if you are inbetween balls they send you 2 of each. Nice way to try the Titleist offerings. Its free.

PGA Super Store sells by the Sleeve at the register

Snell sells a test kit that includes their various balls. Not individual sleeves, but a dozen. Each sleeve can be a different ball (MTB, MTBx, Get Sum, etc.).

I like that. I may check it out!

Want a sleeve or 2 of Bridgestone B XS?

I think I can actually get those at the register at GG. May be one of the only bridgestone offerings they sell in sleeves. Thank you though!

Maybe I missed it. What type of ball are you looking to try?

Basically all the urethane balls. I've done regular chromesofts, TP5/x prov1, I have both varieties of the zstar, tour response etc.

I guess that leaves the CSX, pv1x, and all the bridgestones. Maybe I'm forgetting something. I'm at work right now lol

If you do a virtual fitting with Titleist, they will send you mini sleeves of the ball you are looking to play... if you are inbetween balls they send you 2 of each. Nice way to try the Titleist offerings. Its free.

Good info, thanks!

PGA Super Store sells by the Sleeve at the register

Don't have one close. I think 2-3hour drive is the closest. May be a good use of a rainy day 🤔

Can’t get sleeves in my area either.

Post a WTB on here and I imagine folks would help out. I know I personally have several dozen balls sitting around, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to spare a sleeve most of the time.

Post a WTB on here and I imagine folks would help out. I know I personally have several dozen balls sitting around, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult to spare a sleeve most of the time.

Yeah shoot a PM - if I have something - I can pay it forward!

I always offer someone that wants to try a ball to do a “Sleeve Swap” if I have what they want.

I thought every pro shop in America sold sleeves? Hell they usually have a jar with dollar balls also.

I'm on the hunt for a new ball because the elixr I have been using are too spinny into the greens.

searching for a new ball can get pricy, so I'm looking to just pick up individual sleeves for testing.
The course where I play only has Titleist. Golf galaxy has chrome soft, but no chrome soft x and the Bridgestone selection is slim.

I don't buy sleeves since I usually need more than 1. :)

I get mine at Scheels. Most of the balls you can select a sleeve or a dozen. It appears they ship the majority of them, but no idea on shipping costs.

Couple guys up here do sleeve swaps since we don’t have any golf specific stores. We’ll each but a dozen and swap.

I also get some from a monthly subscription service, but that’s random.

Best bet though, if I want to try a new ball is to just get a box and see how it goes. To be fair though, I’ve also found some used ones online too.

I'm sure you could buy them online but doubt it would be very cost effective.

If you are looking for a urethane ball with reduced spin, I would suggest trying Bridgestone Tour B RX, Titleist AVX of Snell MTB Black. As someone mentioned earlier, Snell sells trail packs where you get 2 sleeves of MTB Black and 2 sleeves of MTB-X.

If you are looking for a urethane ball with reduced spin, I would suggest trying Bridgestone Tour B RX, Titleist AVX of Snell MTB Black. As someone mentioned earlier, Snell sells trail packs where you get 2 sleeves of MTB Black and 2 sleeves of MTB-X.
Great idea on the Snell. Get 6 of each, try them out, then go from there. Snell makes a great ball!

What kind you want? I may have a spare sleeve. Or was it a more “I wanna test them all” type question. I have seen sleeves on Budget Golf from time to time. Won’t do you much good on a sleeve but don’t forget to use your Albatross code for 15% off one item if you get something bigger.

Very good response as far as suggestions. The new Chrome Soft LS has my interest too. Sleeve or dozen, those bad boys will see some time soon.

I'm pretty fortunate that my LGS usually has a pretty solid selection of sleeves.

Back