Sink a Clutch Putt: What's your celebration?

OITW

Reaction score
Watching some tour golf and reading about @Canadan having a day on the greens yesterday.

How do you celebrate sinking a clutch putt, long par save, making a birdie or an eagle?

Is it a boisterous celebration? Loud shot and cheer, fist pumping arms flailing kind of celebration.

Or subdued, understated, cap tip nod to the playing partners and move on?

For me it's a fist pump, not a TW uppercut, but more of a Rors punch.

What's your clutch putt celebration?

After sinking a 3-foot putt to save par

Game with the guys, subtle fist pump. A 4 some scramble with a title on the line. Its chest bumps.

Go pick it up.

FB590245-BE20-4BFE-B435-81134E45B872.gif

It's just a little fist pump usually. With my buddies I'll just say "I'm amazing" as I'm going to get the ball.

Nothing too loud or demonstrative. I don't make anywhere close to my fair share so it's usually a surprise. But when the rare one is sure to fall I tend to subconsciously point at it the last couple feet and then the pointer finger goes 'over the edge and down' simultaneous with the ball.

Last edited:
Small fist pump, if it's a really long one and I think it's going in a few feet before it drops I'm slowly raising my club head.

I think for the 10-15 footers next time I might try a bit of Kevin Na!

Outside voice

Inside voice

Waiting to sink a "CLUTCH PUTT" so I know how to answer??!!

Small fist pump, if it's a really long one and I think it's going in a few feet before it drops I'm slowly raising my club head.

I think for the 10-15 footers next time I might try a bit of Kevin Na!

I always want to do this, but I'm worried it a) won't go in, or b) I'll tear up the green

More often than not, it's something like this... only standing up:

I can only remember one instance where I let out an audible cheer and I probably did a mini-Payne Stewart and that was when I hole out from the fringe for par on a par 3 to keep my string of par or better alive at 10 holes enroute to my first sub-80 round since 2010.

It's sort of a grunt and a fist pump. Years of frustration as a poor clutch putter has me celebrating a bit much at times. I seem to be a much better putter these days which is a reversal for most who age with golf.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I always want to do this, but I'm worried it a) won't go in, or b) I'll tear up the green

I'd probably do the slow walk version towards the hole. It won't mess the green up, and if it misses I can use the excuse I was already expecting to miss it, and if it goes in I look like a baller! :geek:

Inwardly I appreciate the positive feeling of the play. Outwardly I pick up my ball and tend the flag or whatever is needed. I'm a relatively level tempered guy.

If it's a fun round or scramble I feel free to act like a moron!

Self deprecation is the only celebration that makes sense until I make more of them

Little fist pump.

Back