Sizzle’s Grandaddy Prep

I played in a scramble on Friday with 2 other very good golfers. My pitching and half wedge game was struggling as always. One of the guys was very good in this area and pulled me to the side on multiple holes and talked to me about technique and strategy, etc. Some of what he was saying and showing me really clicked and I started hitting better shots and making better contact. We also won the scramble shooting -17!!!

Spent a ton of time on the range today from 100yds and in working on a lot of the things he and I talked about. Definitely still struggling but getting better and moving into semi serviceable range. Starting to develop some feels that work for me and starting to put them in play during rounds to get them battle tested.

Also spent some time on the range working on full swing. Struck the ball pretty well. Here are a couple of 9 irons. (Notice the Travis Mathew hat and Callaway polo)

View attachment trim.0A14130A-19F1-423F-99C4-12CAE1177714.MOV

Finally went and played a quick 9 with a buddy. Overall game was solid. 1 bad pitch cost me a double but hit 2 other pitches and one half wedge very good. Ended up shooting 41. Not great but solid.

l’ll keep grinding and keep posting here to keep me honest.

Last edited:
Swing looks really good!!! Keep working that short game and you will be tough to contend with in Cali!!!

8B49A9E6-6E11-4316-8749-B1D6645A6176.jpeg
First off, sorry I wasn’t able to live post today. Was having some serious conversation with my cartner about a potential upcoming course restoration to my home club.

I shot 43-43/86 today. I made 2 triples today (1 each on the front and back). Poor course management on one of them and a bad break on the other that I let snowball.

Not really sure what happened to my irons today. I was making solid contact but pull draws all day.

Driver was awesome, putter was solid and pitching/chipping was really good (by my standards).

Mental errors cost me a 2-3 shots and 1 bad break cost me 1-2. Other than that it was a solid day.

I’m excited ab where my game is heading into this event and I think I’m on the cusp of everything clicking.

I really need to continue to focus on short game and putting and also spend more time on the metal side of my game and course strategy as that really cost me today.

Last edited:
I’m excited ab where my game is heading into this event and I think I’m on the cusp of everything clicking.

That's a fun feeling. Glad you can feel the work starting to pay off. (y)

Playing tomorrow in an event at my club. Me and my partner are paired with a local 2man pro/scotch team. It is 2 net bb for net score. Every hole must use 1 ball from each team. Will be great Grandaddy prep.

Ill try and post some pics and results. Likely my last full round before the Grandaddy.

Hit em good my man! Can’t believe it’s almost here!

Scotch team you sayyyy?

Mental errors cost me a 2-3 shots and 1 bad break cost me 1-2. Other than that it was a solid day.

Bad breaks will always happen sizz, even at the hideaway...like some of the ice cream might leak out of your Chaco taco onto the cart path. You just have to keep your chin up, like actually tilt your chin up so that doesn’t happen again ?

Really solid ball striking day today. My game inside of 70yds was very disappointing though.

My partner and I ham and egged (with Peanut Butter) really well for a net 66 and t4 out of 32 teams.

Pro/Scratch team played really well too shooting a 67. We also finished t4 as a foursome out of 32 teams.

Driver, 3wood, and irons were exceptional. putter was also very good. Wedges left a lot to be desired.

Have my sim league match tomorrow night, also gonna try and get to the short game area on Friday for some final wedge work before the big trip.

Back