Skeptical of on-line golf store pricing

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
I won’t name the online retailer, but I received one of their emails today for their “Black Wednesday 20% off” sale. I’ve been looking on their website the past two months at some HL3 pre-owned like new hybrids that started out two months ago at $48, then the priced jumped to $50, then to $55, and today at $65 (with 20% discount would put the hybrids at $52 dollars each.) I’m a little peeved that they keep jacking their prices around and attempt to lure you with a “discount.” Yes, I’m a tightwad but skeptical of their pricing schemes. If I’m not getting something, please tell me. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

The price is whatever it costs me. I can do the math. Sales are a marketing device and it's not uncommon to have some slieght of hand in advertising.

Onus on the buyer to know pricing IMO. If you don't like the practice, don't give them your business.

If you pay attention, it's not jut online retailers. It's up to us as consumers to be savvy enough to navigate the marketing mine fields. 🤷‍♂️

I’m consumer, hear me roar! There’s an abundance of retailers out there and I enjoy doing my research to determine which one gets my business.

It's not uncommon for sellers of anything to mark their stuff up prior to offering a discount. Golf stuff outlets are no different. This is a normal selling practice. Has been for quite a while.

The value of the sale price is totally on the purchaser. If the purchaser thinks it's a good deal, then it is. If the purchaser thinks it's not a good deal, the purchaser will, or should move on.

I won’t name the online retailer, but I received one of their emails today for their “Black Wednesday 20% off” sale. I’ve been looking on their website the past two months at some HL3 pre-owned like new hybrids that started out two months ago at $48, then the priced jumped to $50, then to $55, and today at $65 (with 20% discount would put the hybrids at $52 dollars each.) I’m a little peeved that they keep jacking their prices around and attempt to lure you with a “discount.” Yes, I’m a tightwad but skeptical of their pricing schemes. If I’m not getting something, please tell me. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a common practice across the board form big to small sellers. This practice is not just online too.

Back