Ouch dude! You've gotta make sure you land those backflips and avoid those trees! :alien:

Plus side - golf is great out there. Problem is, no chance of rounds in the winter! That's part of the reason I'm a skier.

Actually, that is our little secret out here. When the sun is out, a 35 degree day will feel closer to 50 if the wind is not blowing. We can still get out and play during the winter. Sometimes the best days are skiing in the morning and coming back and playing 9 in the afternoon!

Awww yeah

f8251eb2275442023d1e37585c935856.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Awww yeah

f8251eb2275442023d1e37585c935856.jpg

Nice ride! What's up with the metal reinforcement on the tips though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice ride! What's up with the metal reinforcement on the tips though?

Just there to prevent tip delamination of the topsheets as I understand it.

Just there to prevent tip delamination of the topsheets as I understand it.

Interesting that's how they are doing it. I don't think I ever owned a pair of Dynastars that didn't delaminate on me.

Those are some slick looking planks. You'll have to let us know how they ride.

Interesting that's how they are doing it. I don't think I ever owned a pair of Dynastars that didn't delaminate on me.

Those are some slick looking planks. You'll have to let us know how they ride.

Will do!

Hoping to get out for my first riding in the next week or two. It's been absolute TORTURE hearing about how much snow the west has been getting though. Figures as soon as I leave they have an epic season lol. Planning on a trip out this winter though, so hopefully I don't get the shaft and catch a dry spell.

Anybody else get some riding in yet this year? (I almost regret asking the question because I know you westerners are going to come in here and make me hate myself even more hahaha :banghead: )

Hoping to get out for my first riding in the next week or two. It's been absolute TORTURE hearing about how much snow the west has been getting though. Figures as soon as I leave they have an epic season lol. Planning on a trip out this winter though, so hopefully I don't get the shaft and catch a dry spell.

Anybody else get some riding in yet this year? (I almost regret asking the question because I know you westerners are going to come in here and make me hate myself even more hahaha :banghead: )

You will love your new Dynastars, I've been mostly on Dynastars until I found Ski Logik 4 years ago. This is cruel I know but we deserve it after 5 years of drought!
19a8229d5494f100dc7252e8f0d52fef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm getting excited for my trip to Breck next month.

You will love your new Dynastars, I've been mostly on Dynastars until I found Ski Logik 4 years ago. This is cruel I know but we deserve it after 5 years of drought!
19a8229d5494f100dc7252e8f0d52fef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UGH you're killing me man haha. Yeah, I'm feeling really good about my Dynastar purchase, can't wait to get them on snow hopefully this weekend!

And I'm hoping to get a piece of that snow action, working on planning a trip to WA to ride and visit folks next month! :D

UGH you're killing me man haha. Yeah, I'm feeling really good about my Dynastar purchase, can't wait to get them on snow hopefully this weekend!

And I'm hoping to get a piece of that snow action, working on planning a trip to WA to ride and visit folks next month! :D

I have the Contact 4x4's which are essentially the same flex and sidecut, just a few years older. Glad to hear that you are making a trip back home. WA has been getting pounded and if the forecast holds, we will have another 5 to 7 feet here in N. California by Sunday. I'm headed up tomorrow with a pair of new powder skis! Let it snow!!

Where are you headed this weekend?

Sold my old boots because someone was offering me more than they were worth lol so i just picked these bad boys up, really excited. They're Krypton pros which is a pretty aggressive boot but that's what i like. Need to get my liners molded still

20170104_090221.jpg

I have the Contact 4x4's which are essentially the same flex and sidecut, just a few years older. Glad to hear that you are making a trip back home. WA has been getting pounded and if the forecast holds, we will have another 5 to 7 feet here in N. California by Sunday. I'm headed up tomorrow with a pair of new powder skis! Let it snow!!

Very nice! This will be the first time in a few years that I've ridden some true carving skis, so it should be a blast. Looking forward to rediscovering the joys of groomers - necessary out this way! Hoping WA continues to get crushed with snow when I'm out there.

I've never skied up your way but it's certainly on my list! I've got an uncle who lives in Redding, not so terribly far from Tahoe.

And it's not really a trip home - my family lives east coast, mostly - but I've got a bunch of friends in the Northwest that I'll be visiting so it's a home away from home to me!

Where are you headed this weekend?

Not sure yet. The closest areas to me are Blue Mountain, Montage, and Jack Frost, so likely one of those. Blue will be a madhouse, so I may avoid that haha.

Sold my old boots because someone was offering me more than they were worth lol so i just picked these bad boys up, really excited. They're Krypton pros which is a pretty aggressive boot but that's what i like. Need to get my liners molded still

View attachment 26236

Those are freakin sick! My boots are a few years old and were used mostly for freeriding and in-bounds hiking out West, so I'm still wondering whether they'll be stiff enough for hard snow carving. If not, a new pair of stiffer boots will be on the list for this offseason.

Very nice! This will be the first time in a few years that I've ridden some true carving skis, so it should be a blast. Looking forward to rediscovering the joys of groomers - necessary out this way! Hoping WA continues to get crushed with snow when I'm out there.

I've never skied up your way but it's certainly on my list! I've got an uncle who lives in Redding, not so terribly far from Tahoe.

And it's not really a trip home - my family lives east coast, mostly - but I've got a bunch of friends in the Northwest that I'll be visiting so it's a home away from home to me!

Not sure yet. The closest areas to me are Blue Mountain, Montage, and Jack Frost, so likely one of those. Blue will be a madhouse, so I may avoid that haha.

Those are freakin sick! My boots are a few years old and were used mostly for freeriding and in-bounds hiking out West, so I'm still wondering whether they'll be stiff enough for hard snow carving. If not, a new pair of stiffer boots will be on the list for this offseason.
Yeah man i know exactly how you feel. I usually stayed in the 90-110 range as it was a great flex for a bunch of conditions. Since ive gained 70lbs and progressed i found myself going to 120+ haha. The kryptons come with two different tongues so the softer one is like 115-120ish and the stiff is 130+ and feels like a rock!! These days im not as crazy on the mountain as i was and find myself less in the park and off trail stuff and more on groomers. People may hate them sometimes but honestly they can be a ton of fun depending on the resort and conditions obviously. Even on groomers i like to charge so a stiffer boot just gives that awesome power.

Yeah man i know exactly how you feel. I usually stayed in the 90-110 range as it was a great flex for a bunch of conditions. Since ive gained 70lbs and progressed i found myself going to 120+ haha. The kryptons come with two different tongues so the softer one is like 115-120ish and the stiff is 130+ and feels like a rock!! These days im not as crazy on the mountain as i was and find myself less in the park and off trail stuff and more on groomers. People may hate them sometimes but honestly they can be a ton of fun depending on the resort and conditions obviously. Even on groomers i like to charge so a stiffer boot just gives that awesome power.

Yep, you're right with me, these boots are 110's and fantastic for all over the mountain (plus they have a hike mode, which is AWESOME for hiking lines or even just walking around the lodge/parking lot), but I haven't got to test them on the real eastern hardpack yet haha. Ski boots are damn expensive though so I want to make sure I actually need a new pair first!

Also, you're not that far away, we should ride sometime!

Yep, you're right with me, these boots are 110's and fantastic for all over the mountain (plus they have a hike mode, which is AWESOME for hiking lines or even just walking around the lodge/parking lot), but I haven't got to test them on the real eastern hardpack yet haha. Ski boots are damn expensive though so I want to make sure I actually need a new pair first!

Also, you're not that far away, we should ride sometime!
Yeah seriously they are damn expensive!! Add in a decent insole and you can hit $1000 easy. The ones i just bougt were last years but backcountry.com had them brand new at 45% off so i jumped on them.

Oh snap thats right you were moving to PA or something right? Id be down to get some runs in. Going to encounter colder temps, harder crusty snow out this way but can still be a damn good time.

Has anyone been to Mont Tremblant? I'm heading there in February with some of my family. Looking for any places to go? Restaurants? Bars? Etc.?

Has anyone been to Mont Tremblant? I'm heading there in February with some of my family. Looking for any places to go? Restaurants? Bars? Etc.?

Welcome back.

Yeah seriously they are damn expensive!! Add in a decent insole and you can hit $1000 easy. The ones i just bougt were last years but backcountry.com had them brand new at 45% off so i jumped on them.

Oh snap thats right you were moving to PA or something right? Id be down to get some runs in. Going to encounter colder temps, harder crusty snow out this way but can still be a damn good time.

I'm here now! Will be going up somewhere locally Sunday I think, it's been cold enough that they've been able to blow a bunch of snow so most of the areas here are pretty close to 100% open

Welcome back.

Thanks. Do you ski at all? Or just travel all over and golf all winter?

Those are damn nice boots. Your Intuition liners will make the boot a bit stiffer as well. I've Zip Fit liners in my Lange RS110's and those along with my Booster Straps allow me to stiffen them to a 120+ flex.

Those are damn nice boots. Your Intuition liners will make the boot a bit stiffer as well. I've Zip Fit liners in my Lange RS110's and those along with my Booster Straps allow me to stiffen them to a 120+ flex.
Thanks. Yeah a beefy strap will definitely add some stiffness but i love the added power transfer. Its also amazing what a nice molded liner will do for ones skiing, feels great!

Thanks. Do you ski at all? Or just travel all over and golf all winter?

I've skied since I was about 12.

Had a great day up on the hill at Montage Mountain today with a buddy from college and his coworker. Very cold but that made the man made snow surprisingly sweet. Got in a solid nearly 17000ft of vertical, because there was almost nobody there.

Oh and for anyone wondering - the new Dynastar CR74 Fluid X's were fantastic on my first day on them. Super lively carvers with a huge sweet spot that allow for sliding and skidding when you need to - which means they are also a very capable bump ski. I spent the lions share of my time today in soft bumps and they were very enjoyable.

Back