When the guy loosened the straps and I dropped a little from him when we switch from free fall to the ride down, I screamed bloody murder. I thought for sure I had disconnected from him. I went with my roommate for her 20th birthday, it was all her idea, and she ended up puking in the air all over her and the guy she was attached to. And it was all caught on video, poor girl.
You’re going to manage to talk me out of this. 😂. I hate puking.

You’re going to manage to talk me out of this. 😂. I hate puking.

She couldn’t handle the turns, the guy kept turning her in the air during the ride down and she told him to stop but he kept doing it. He kind of deserved to get puked on haha.

If it makes you feel better, no one else in the group did, just her. It was just sad/funny because it was her birthday and her idea to do it in the first place.

Have been a pilot since I went to UPT in the USAF at 22. That’s 35 years of flying and close to 25,000 flight hours and have never had the inclination to try. Heck, I wont even go up on a ladder since I don’t like heights, never mind jump out of a plane.

Have been a pilot since I went to UPT in the USAF at 22. That’s 35 years of flying and close to 25,000 flight hours and have never had the inclination to try. Heck, I wont even go up on a ladder since I don’t like heights, never mind jump out of a plane.
That is so interesting.

I’ve gone twice. As others have said, great experience. Few things I specifically remember and share with others…

• you jump at about 13k in the air, it’s higher than you think and it takes awhile to get to that altitude. I’d say we were flying for maybe 15min and the guy asked me how high we think we were. I guessed at about 10k but we were only at 5k.
  • Going tandem when it’s your turn, you’re literally hanging halfway out the door without holding onto anything. Looking down at your feet halfway over the edge, that high up is surreal
  • jumping out, do a flip
  • After the free fall and your parachuting down, they say they’re going to loosen the straps for comfort. This makes you drop a bit. First time I thought I was disconnected at 3k feet in the air!
  • Remember to enjoy it all! Definitely pay for the photos/video

I've always been interested but never gone. Excited to hear about your experience though!

Do it! Have fun!

Once you jump there is no sensation of falling, more of hovering or flying....the freedom is awesome and the rush, adrenaline is crazy. I started when i was early twenties, have not sone it since early 30's although i bought the experience for the bestest half when she turned 50, she has done it once. ME?

379 times....Kids and responsibilities finally won out on the cost.....

Not really interested. My father was a fount of wisdom and a 30 year Air Force veteran. One think he told me was to never jump from a perfectly good plane. As a youth I ignored much of his advice, but that stuck. He also told me the sooner the golf ball was rolling near the green on short shots, the better. I suppose I listened to that one too. No flop shots for me unless absolutely necessary.

I am incredibly afraid of heights so I force myself to do things. Sky Diving is one that I did back in college.

We did the tether line jump. In that, you had a line that was connect to your chute and you moved from the cabin out on the wing. You had to move out to the farthest location and then just let go. The parachute would open automatically in about 2 to 3 seconds. It felt a ton longer.

Awesome experience and I would recommend it to anyone of a younger age.

I got thrown out of a plane once...once. Never again.

On a scale of 1 to 10 my desire to skydive is -10.

When I was stationed at Fort Benning, Ga we would walk by the jump school on the way to the movies. Usually someone would yell out "What comes out of the sky? The whole group would yell birdshit and fools." Some things never change.

Have done about 60+ of these...However, not the same as sky diving. When I was young I thought there was nothing cooler but that dwindled the older I got.

I recommend doing it!

When I was stationed at Fort Benning, Ga we would walk by the jump school on the way to the movies. Usually someone would yell out "What comes out of the sky? The whole group would yell birdshit and fools." Some things never change.
So, you are saying I am a fool? 😂

We have a skydiving center at the local airport. I took my sister up there when she came out to visit in 2019 and she tried everything in her power to convince me to go up with her. I must admit, I wasn’t even on the fence. My fear of heights manes there’s no way would I ever do it. Looks pretty exhilarating though.

I jumped at that center when I was in college. We had an off campus club(wakeboard) and surprised the members with an opportunity to go skydiving, 25 of us did it. It was awesome, so much fun and definitely worth the experience. It’s surreal stepping to that door and seeing your friends falling below you, then just saying “eff it” and going. The free fall was cool but my favorite part was flying the chute, just soaring around and ripping turns. Have a blast!

I've done it once. It was more scary in the plane flying to altitude than once we jumped. I did it in South Padre Island, Texas, and we landed on the beach. It was an amazing view!

I've done it once. It was more scary in the plane flying to altitude than once we jumped. I did it in South Padre Island, Texas, and we landed on the beach. It was an amazing view!

This was my experience too. The plane we went up in was so old and rusty I was shocked it even made it to altitude. Jumping seemed safer.

Back in my foolish youth I went to a skydiving school along with a buddy and took the class. Did well at that, but it was too windy that day and they wouldn't leat us newbs jump. A bunch of experienced guys went up, and one guy caught a "streamer"! That's when the chute doesn't completely unfurl. It just flaps in the wind like a flag! We were taught what to do if this happened, shake the risers. the risers being the upper straps that attach to the parachute.

Well, this guy was shaking the crap out of the risers, but he was getting close enough to the groung that I started yelling for him to pull the reserve! But, his main chute finally popped. It was one of the rectangular ones, very "flyable"! He glided to a perfect landing, took his harness off, dropped it in the chute in the field, and walked in!

When he reached our group of spectators he said, "Anybody want to buy a used parachute?" The desire to skydive left me right then and there!

Back in my foolish youth I went to a skydiving school along with a buddy and took the class. Did well at that, but it was too windy that day and they wouldn't leat us newbs jump. A bunch of experienced guys went up, and one guy caught a "streamer"! That's when the chute doesn't completely unfurl. It just flaps in the wind like a flag! We were taught what to do if this happened, shake the risers. the risers being the upper straps that attach to the parachute.

Well, this guy was shaking the crap out of the risers, but he was getting close enough to the groung that I started yelling for him to pull the reserve! But, his main chute finally popped. It was one of the rectangular ones, very "flyable"! He glided to a perfect landing, took his harness off, dropped it in the chute in the field, and walked in!

When he reached our group of spectators he said, "Anybody want to buy a used parachute?" The desire to skydive left me right then and there!
Well, I have paid my money and I am too cheap to back out and lose it.

@Tenputt I'm going to assume that you are doing it up in Ogden? If so, for a Skydiving shop, they do a really great job. I'd say get the video, hopefully they are putting it on something other than a CD (I did it back in 2009 when CD-RW were all the rage). Honestly though, once you get pushed out it just feels like you are sort of floating. To me I never had that 'falling to my death sensation" Good luck my guy.

@Tenputt I'm going to assume that you are doing it up in Ogden? If so, for a Skydiving shop, they do a really great job. I'd say get the video, hopefully they are putting it on something other than a CD (I did it back in 2009 when CD-RW were all the rage). Honestly though, once you get pushed out it just feels like you are sort of floating. To me I never had that 'falling to my death sensation" Good luck my guy.
I am going to a place out by Tooele. It’s called “Skydive Utah.” I am getting the full video. I figure for what likely is a one time thing, it’s worth throwing another $40, to have it fully documented. 😅

I’ve thought of skydiving numerous times. I just don’t have the cajones to follow through. I have a gift certificate from an indoor skydiving place I got for xmas, I’ll have to give that a go although there’s no way it will be the same sensation

Back