Slacks or shorts?

JZ777

Reaction score
Handicap
On the men’s tours, are you in the shorts or slacks corner? I think it’s about time to let the guys wear shorts when conditions warrant. I wouldn‘t want to be wearing shorts when temps get above the mid-80s.

Slacks. I have to wear jeans & occasionally full FR for work. They at least get to wear moisture wicking pants & shirts.

They're professionals, dress like it.

I'm 100% in the shorts corner. It's ridiculous that they can't wear them when the conditions are good for it.

As people vote, it would be interesting to know if they themselves wear shorts or slacks most of the time. I'm in shorts any time the weather allows it, which is usually 9-10 months out of the year here. I hate wearing long pants for golf (or anything else, for that matter) and will only do it when I absolutely have to.

Last edited:
I say whicheve they choose to wear. Should not be mandated either way.

Let them wear shorts. I know it's just verbiage but I have never worn actual slacks on the course. I wear pants that are active/athletic, stretchy and moisture wicking. I also wear the oh so divisive joggers. But I also wear shorts. I choose what I wear based on the conditions. Pros should be able to as well

Put me in the they should be allowed to wear shorts camp. The stupidest thing ever was when they relaxed to allow them to wear shorts in practice rounds but had to wear trousers during the main rounds.

Let the conditions dictate it, they can wear rain gear in rainy weather, layers in cold weather why not something more comfortable in hot weather?

Keep your pants on!

Shorts.

While I really don't want to see the pale legs of golfer dudes on tour, I'm ok with seeing LPGA players in shorts. Is that sexist? Yes! So, in the eyes of fairness, let the guys wear shorts... or golf skirts. Hey, it's that kind of society now and I don't want to be a hypocrite.:ROFLMAO:

It’s time for shorts. Stop being archaic.

Leave it up to the events, feel free to make the majors pants only, but give the OPTION. It’s beyond time. That, or bring back wool clothing.

I'm definitely team shorts on this one. I don't see any issue with allowing them to wear what makes them comfortable, especially given the climate of some of the locations of these tournaments.

Hot take - I think it would be fun to remove all clothing restrictions and let them wear whatever they want. So team shorts for me.

Let the guys wear whatever they want. If the majors want to abide by a dress code that’s fine too.

Think they should be able to wear either one.

Anybody wanna take bets that if they did it, the Masters would NEVER allow them to wear shorts no matter what?

I don’t see why they can’t wear shorts. Pants is a stupid rule.

Pros wear pants.

It’s part of the deal just like we all wear pants to work.

Shorts all the way. If the women can wear shorts or skirts, it’s only reasonable to allow the men. I’m hoping someone will start pushing the issue in offices. If you’re truly for gender equity, it’s gotta work both ways!

Alan

Optional on players.
Playing in the 90s is not fun especially with pants on.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Dont care really, but how about shorts most tournaments, and long pants at the majors?

I was a little wierded out with the guy wearing cuffed pants last weekend, dont remember who, but it seems less professional if thats the image they want to keep.

Back