TCB2010

How good do the HMB’s look?!
Reaction score
Wow there’s a blast from the past name huh?
I was out of town recently and we stopped into a shoe store and as I went to the checkout counter I seen a bunch of socks hanging and these immediately caught my eye. Any of you old timers in here probably know the name. I remember these balls 25 years ago and haven’t heard of them since.

970F97AE-1A26-4B01-BD68-5221EA2A8588.jpeg

they still provide the tennis balls for Wimbledon

It’s not the Slazenger you remember. The name was bought by Mike Ashley (Newcastle United owner). The days of it being a sports company banging out quality gear are long gone. My first set of golf clubs were Slazengers, SB Eurostar.

I mean it was a fairly decent premium golf ball I thought..

I mean it was a fairly decent premium golf ball I thought..
25 years ago, Slazenger was still a sports company, so yeah, they probably would have been.

They are sold over here in the UK by Sports Direct

In fact there is a rather large range of Slazenger goods in all the Sports Direct strores, from Golf Balls / Clubs to Socks

Dicks carries their clothing. I have several pairs of shorts and slacks. Light , comfortable and come out of the dryer ready to go.

The name Slazenger always makes me think of the golf scene from Goldfinger.

cl091-Slazenger-Goldfinger-golfball.jpg

When I first started golfing, these are the balls I used.

Over in the UK, there is a chain of shops owned by a colossal ar$e of a man called Mike Ashley, and they stock huge amounts of Slazenger gear, including clubs and balls and all manner of clothing for very cheap.

Back