SLDR Fairway Wood

kdjmu1

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else see the pics online of the SLDR fairway wood at the Tour Championship? Looks pretty good. Seems to be a smaller head than a lot of other offerings at the moment, which I like. Looking forward to trying that bad boy.

It looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah I think I seen it to today. Was Stenson using it with a blue shaft?

Yeah I think I seen it to today. Was Stenson using it with a blue shaft?

Not sure. I don't think so. The article I read showed pics of Dustin Johnson and it stated he was the first to test them there but that could be inaccurate. I think Stenson uses a Callaway Diablo Octane Tour with Graffalloy Blue shaft.

definitely less hassle than the speed slot on the RBZ stage 2's. They're hot and I love hitting them but it's a pain to keep digging dirt out of the slot.

Yeah just seen the article about this. Think I also seen a clip on the golf channel where stenson broke his SLDR driver when he was pissed. Heres the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp0Nb7Lolf4
Not sure. I don't think so. The article I read showed pics of Dustin Johnson and it stated he was the first to test them there but that could be inaccurate. I think Stenson uses a Callaway Diablo Octane Tour with Graffalloy Blue shaft.

Broke a R1, now hitting SLDR.
O ok thought the head cover was the Sldr one that he had in his hand there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You can't really put stock in what the headcover is. The manufacturers have them put their most recent headcover on no matter what they are swinging. Luke Donald has Mizuno headcovers and he plays a Taylormade driver.

O ok thought the head cover was the Sldr one that he had in his hand there.

You can't really put stock in what the headcover is. The manufacturers have them put their most recent headcover on no matter what they are swinging. Luke Donald has Mizuno headcovers and he plays a Taylormade driver.

Hmmm didn't know that. Gonna have to watch better now

Hmmm didn't know that. Gonna have to watch better now

Yeah. I've seen it first hand a few times. Lots of marketing!

Yeah, looks really awesome. I would really like to know what/ if actual improvements were made.

Back