Argyle Warrior
Reaction score
Handicap
Winter
61124_1584717307644_1527116952_1473000_7804015_n.jpg

HOT! I need that belt!

61124_1584717307644_1527116952_1473000_7804015_n.jpg

HOT! I need that belt!

Thats sweet!!!!!! What is their Fabebook page called. I liked a Sligo Page but I'm not sure if it's the right one. Would you mind putting a link. I can't find this belt on the page, but I might just be looking in the wrong place.

Thanks. It was the wrong profile I had.

Wow, this may be the first thing they've done that I'm not in love with.

I don't have the machismo to pull it off... but I love the style.

Wow, this may be the first thing they've done that I'm not in love with.
I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of the "saints logo" stuff at all.

I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of the "saints logo" stuff at all.

The "Fleur de lis" is pretty big in french Canada, although I think Sligo is out of Ontario which makes me wonder why they are running it... I really do like it, I just don't think it represents them at all. Colour me a bit bias I guess, as I was really hoping to see something relevant to Canada in their newest line.

images

It ties more into our lifestyle pieces like the Grange shirt. It can be worn for golf but definitely off the course as well. Any thoughts on the Haze colour way?

I had a feeling it was beyond the course, although I can openly admit that my brain bias is towards golf-esque apparel. It is certainly no slight to the quality of your product by any means, it just doesn't fit into my style. Also, I seem to heavily prefer the square look of your icon belt line, which probably extends on my opinion of that belt.

In terms of that shirt, it is awesome. I happen to have a pair of shorts with that colour of striping in them, and may need to get that shirt on my radar to match! It will be hard to pick that one over the grey with red though. I thought that was a great setup!

The haze color is awesome, guys! It would work perfect with either white or black! (or gray for that matter)

If I remember correctly THP members can use a discount code at checkout for a little extra off, anyone care to refresh my memory?

I had a feeling it was beyond the course, although I can openly admit that my brain bias is towards golf-esque apparel. It is certainly no slight to the quality of your product by any means, it just doesn't fit into my style. Also, I seem to heavily prefer the square look of your icon belt line, which probably extends on my opinion of that belt.

In terms of that shirt, it is awesome. I happen to have a pair of shorts with that colour of striping in them, and may need to get that shirt on my radar to match! It will be hard to pick that one over the grey with red though. I thought that was a great setup!

Thanks, it's a great colour way that we are very excited about. The Scriver is such a simple yet great design. So many colour combinations look great in that shirt. The Icon belt is still a great belt as well. We think the Grange, Icon and Vibe belts give us a great series of belts and options. Everyone is always going to have personal style and lean towards certain designs. That's why we started Sligo!

If I remember correctly THP members can use a discount code at checkout for a little extra off, anyone care to refresh my memory?

The Fall Collection just launched today. We might be a little premature for discount codes. You guys know you will always be the first to know about any promos going on though, we promise that.

The Fall Collection just launched today. We might be a little premature for discount codes. You guys know you will always be the first to know about any promos going on though, we promise that.
Right, I was thinking that we got a discount at one time just on normal gear for sale at the online store. I know this stuff just came out though, great stuff too, you cannot imagine how many times I've pieced together several great outfits online! Someday I'll pull the trigger and buy...I promise!

Right, I was thinking that we got a discount at one time just on normal gear for sale at the online store. I know this stuff just came out though, great stuff too, you cannot imagine how many times I've pieced together several great outfits online! Someday I'll pull the trigger and buy...I promise!

no problem Putting4Bird, I am not aware of any THP membership discount but we will have to talk to JB about that!!
We really do appreciate everyone's support at THP though, you all have been great supporters of Sligo and have definitely helped with the success of our brand.

Sligo, its cool to see you guys talking on the forum and answering questions, just nice to see a company interacting with members. :thumb:

Im not the kind of guy that drops big $$$ on clothes, I Like the basic kind of styles, but I must say yall have some very good looking shirts!

Haze color shirt looks great but I'm not feeln' the belt.

whoa, just noticed the sligowear post. That's awesome that THP members can have dialogue with a manufacturer.
Lovin' this forum already!

Sligo, its cool to see you guys talking on the forum and answering questions, just nice to see a company interacting with members. :thumb:

Im not the kind of guy that drops big $$$ on clothes, I Like the basic kind of styles, but I must say yall have some very good looking shirts!

Thanks Bridges, we love doing it. It's great getting feedback from people who love wearing our clothes as much as we do! If you are looking for some deals be sure to check out our sale section :)

Thanks Bridges, we love doing it. It's great getting feedback from people who love wearing our clothes as much as we do! If you are looking for some deals be sure to check out our sale section :)

About to look right now, Thank you!

The "Fleur de lis" is pretty big in french Canada, although I think Sligo is out of Ontario which makes me wonder why they are running it... I really do like it, I just don't think it represents them at all. Colour me a bit bias I guess, as I was really hoping to see something relevant to Canada in their newest line.

I have to ask why? Im very curious? Do you also think that Nike/adidas/etc should do the same? I always find this interesting. I mean we love Sligo and we consider the people behind the brand like family, but they are a global company trying to survive in a crowded market. Im not saying by being Canada (centric) they would suffer, but I always wonder why fans want to see stuff like that. Help please.

I mean it is apparel. Do you like the apparel because of the look or because of where it is designed?

I have to ask why? Im very curious? Do you also think that Nike/adidas/etc should do the same? I always find this interesting. I mean we love Sligo and we consider the people behind the brand like family, but they are a global company trying to survive in a crowded market. Im not saying by being Canada (centric) they would suffer, but I always wonder why fans want to see stuff like that. Help please.

I mean it is apparel. Do you like the apparel because of the look or because of where it is designed?

I really liked Sligo when I first heard of them. It was an added bonus when I found out (weeks later) that they originate in Ontario just like me haha.

And really, I was just looking for something like a small maple leaf in a belt buckle or something. A lot of Canadian companies associate the flag in some of their designs, and I've always had a lot of pride wearing that kind of stuff.

I certainly doesn't take away from the brand by NOT doing it. They are still awesome and very unique regardless.

And I know it's unique to certain things, but Nike/Adidas/etc have come out with US flags on some of their clothing... I'm sure it's not a fair comparison as they have done other countries flags as well on things like soccer shirts, but think about the adidas ryder cup shoe..

I really liked Sligo when I first heard of them. It was an added bonus when I found out (weeks later) that they originate in Ontario just like me haha.

And really, I was just looking for something like a small maple leaf in a belt buckle or something. A lot of Canadian companies associate the flag in some of their designs, and I've always had a lot of pride wearing that kind of stuff.

I certainly doesn't take away from the brand by NOT doing it. They are still awesome and very unique regardless.

Here is my question for you. Do you think incorporating the Canadian flag in their designs would alienate a larger buying audience (that of global sales)?

Back