Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Loose meat sandwiches - never gonna happen

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Daluteh

Touring Purple - 2024 Bag Boy Championship
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've decided that Sloppy Joe's are on the menu tonight - which always gets me to thinking. Some people grew up on whatever their version is called. People from Iowa have been known to call them made-rites, some people simply call them loose meat sandwiches while others call them the same as I did growing up, sloppy joe.

Is it something you enjoy?

Do you say, why not just get or make a burger?

Do you feel it's only picnic food?

What say you THP? Any passion for the loose meat around here?

Yep, I enjoy a sloppy joe! Haven't had one in forever though!

Ehh. They are ok.

Do you sauce/spice your own, or just use manwich?

I really like them as long as they can be stable and not soup consistency.

Every once in a great while I think it sounds good but can't remember that last time I had some.

Sloppy Joe’s need to be consumed. If nothing more than nostalgia purposes. When they are with good chili con carne and potato buns or Hawaiian rolls 😍 even better.

We make them about every 4 weeks so I am firmly in the yay corner.

Ehh. They are ok.

Do you sauce/spice your own, or just use manwich?

I absolutely make my own. Scratch cooking is where it's at.

I know three different ways of making them. The way I like and prefer is all brown sugar and tomato (there's a number of other ingredients as well, worchershire sauce some powders etc) the way my dad likes it which is with a can of chicken gumbo and some other shenanigans and the crazy person way that has grape jelly in it.

If we run out of things to talk about - remind me to tell you about my Manwich story that happened at a care facility I worked at. It'll be an amazing but longer story.

I absolutely make my own. Scratch cooking is where it's at.

I know three different ways of making them. The way I like and prefer is all brown sugar and tomato (there's a number of other ingredients as well, worchershire sauce some powders etc) the way my dad likes it which is with a can of chicken gumbo and some other shenanigans and the crazy person way that has grape jelly in it.

If we run out of things to talk about - remind me to tell you about my Manwich story that happened at a care facility I worked at. It'll be an amazing but longer story.
Well, we have a decent drive in from the airport! No better time than that.

I haven't had one in almost 10 years and could continue that pace for quite awhile lol

I would gladly make Manwich in bulk and eat it for lunch and dinner the rest of the week!

Big time fan of the sloppy joe.

Just had them 2 nights ago. Quick easy meal with chips on Hawaiian sweet buns.

All day every day!!!!

love sloppy joes... my SIL makes the best i've ever had

Love Sloppy Joes and Made-Rites. 2 different things for me.

I really like them as long as they can be stable and not soup consistency.
Great point! I'm also okay eating them with a fork too though.

Sloppy Joe’s need to be consumed. If nothing more than nostalgia purposes. When they are with good chili con carne and potato buns or Hawaiian rolls 😍 even better.
Wow, this is potentially life-altering! Sloppy Joe on a Hawaiian roll!! What a great idea! I buy them at Christmas for turkey sandwiches... seems like a great combo!

I absolutely love sloppy joe’s. I’m good with Manwich or making a homemade version, it‘s all good to me. And, thanks to a visit to Iowa, I now know the magic of pickles on a sloppy joe, so freaking good.

I am actually planning to make a healthy version for next week. I started working on my menu for next week, and it was the first thing I added.

My wife makes them periodically and I eat them but they are not my favorite. She asked if I wanted them for lunch last Saturday but I offered to fire up the Pit Boss if she would make the burger into patties. Burgers are better than sloppy joes always.

My wife makes them and we pair them with ruffles. So good.

I absolutely love sloppy joe’s. I’m good with Manwich or making a homemade version, it‘s all good to me. And, thanks to a visit to Iowa, I now know the magic of pickles on a sloppy joe, so freaking good.

I am actually planning to make a healthy version for next week. I started working on my menu for next week, and it was the first thing I added.
. Pickles are awful good on them. Or can be with the right pickle. What are you doing for the healthy version? Turkey meat?
My wife makes them and we pair them with ruffles. So good.
Yes! That's how I grew up too. We did the old dutch chips in the box for extra grease but the same thing.

. Pickles are awful good on them. Or can be with the right pickle. What are you doing for the healthy version? Turkey meat?

Yes! That's how I grew up too. We did the old dutch chips in the box for extra grease but the same thing.

Yes, I will use turkey meat and make my own sauce rather than a can, although I still do love a good Manwich sloppy joe, but that doesn’t really fit my clean eating haha.

Back