Votes: 46 65.7%
  • I mean ... I guess they're okay

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Only if the other option is starvation

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Loose meat sandwiches - never gonna happen

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
I used to have sloppy Joe’s all the time as a kid and loved them. Might have to put these on the menu going forward.

Well if George Motz says they're good, then I guess that's that.

The key (to me) in producing a good Manwich/Sloppy Joe, etc…. Slam a couple pieces of American cheese on top of the mix, and stir in, just before serving. Makes for a creamier, more subtle Sloppy Joe experience. Pairs nicely with a Super Tuscan… 🤣
I do put American Cheese on my Sloppy Joe Sandwich -

Haven't had a Sloppy Joe in years. Suggested this to my wife and it is on the menu tonight. Sounded great to both of us.

My mom's 60+ year old sloppy Joe recipe is my favorite:

Brown 1lb hamburger (80-20), seasoned with salt and pepper.
Pour out most of the fat.
Add 1 can Campbell Chicken Gumbo soup.
Add 1 tablespoon ketchup or BBQ sauce (my preference).
Add 1 teaspoon mustard.
Stir and simmer for 15 minutes to evaporate soup moisture.
Serve on toasted bun.

Adjust according to taste.

You will laugh at people who like Manwich.

I can honestly say that I haven’t had a Sloppy Joe in more than 35 years. Probably last had one when in college. Although a thread like this does tempt me to try one again.

My mom's 60+ year old sloppy Joe recipe is my favorite:

Brown 1lb hamburger (80-20), seasoned with salt and pepper.
Pour out most of the fat.
Add 1 can Campbell Chicken Gumbo soup.
Add 1 tablespoon ketchup or BBQ sauce (my preference).
Add 1 teaspoon mustard.
Stir and simmer for 15 minutes to evaporate soup moisture.
Serve on toasted bun.

Adjust according to taste.

You will laugh at people who like Manwich.
That is my dad's favorite as well. He's the only one before you that I knew that did the gumbo style.

Made sloppy joe's last night solely due to this thread. I think THP is a bad influence on me.

I wouldn't call them "amazing," but I do like them. Wife and I still enjoy them from time to time.

Yes! i've never eaten an "amazing" sloppy joe! However, I will say that I have had many sloppy joe meals that were very satisfying! One was at a local bar which featured a hot dog called the "Tommy Dog"! It was fantastic! A chili dog with a spicy chili sauce that would get your attention! Yes, it had some kick, and you would pay attention to it!

Yes! i've never eaten an "amazing" sloppy joe! However, I will say that I have had many sloppy joe meals that were very satisfying! One was at a local bar which featured a hot dog called the "Tommy Dog"! It was fantastic! A chili dog with a spicy chili sauce that would get your attention! Yes, it had some kick, and you would pay attention to it!
Loves me some spicy chili Dogs!

I've always made my own (handed down from grandma to mom to me) recipe. Now my wife handles making it, and we've spruced it up over the years, but I love sloppy joes.

My mother had this big restaurant sized pot and she would make spaghetti sauce in it. After a couple of days eating spaghetti, she would turn the leftover sauce in to sloppy Joe’s!

I've always made my own (handed down from grandma to mom to me) recipe. Now my wife handles making it, and we've spruced it up over the years, but I love sloppy joes.

This is what I love about recipes. You can always find ways to tweak it according to your taste! The first time I make any recipe, I will go by the book and see how it turns out. As I'm eating it, I will decide how I would change things to suit my taste.

Back