DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I like the look of the blue on the Jaws, but hate that it’s got JAWS stamped on the back. SM8’s are pretty classic and clean.
I haven’t played either... but I lean more to the Callaway for some reason.

Have to recommend the Cleveland RTX4. I have it in satin. They make a black and raw too, I think. Cleveland wedges have been awesome for a long time. I transitioned from 588's in gun metal and rtg to the RTX4 last year. No regrets at all.

Give me the Vokeys!....oh wait I'm getting some!:egyptian:

Been playing Vokey's for 12 years now. I got to take a Jaws 56 (same 10 bounce on both) for a round and could not stop digging the leading edge in and chuncking it.
Jaws is not for me.

I haven't been able to hit the SM8 yet, but they do look good.

I have tried the SM8's and the standard Jaws. I prefer the Jaws. There was something I just didn't like about the SM8's.

These are both good looking wedges. From a looks only perspective they are 1 and 2. With Jaws being in raw now it might have moved past the SM8. But in my mind the two best looking wedges which says something with all the good looking wedges on the market now.

Personal preference, they are both good

Seeing as how I have 2 Jaws wedges in my bag right now, I guess my answer is obvious.

I’ve got Jaws in 54 and 58 and certainly am enjoying them. Great feel and very accurate. Probably can’t go wrong with either but I preferred the Jaws when I tried them both.

I have a set of Vokeys and don't see me changing any time soon. I would take some swings with the Jaws though.

My obvious affinity towards Titleist, as well as long standing Vokey player + the upcoming vokey experience leaves me biased.

BUT we are talking about the two best wedge makers in the game. I would take anything by Roger Cleveland, especially his most beloved line of wedges any time.

I did not like the MD4 line, but haven't tried the Jaws.

Great thread!

Can Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges be the answer?

I moved from SM4's to SM6's and on to MD5's. When I did some wedge fitting, the SM8's weren't out so I used the SM7's and they were good but just ever so much less feely for me than the MD5's. So far they have been great.

I’d say Ping Glide 3.0

Sold my JAWs wedges already

They are bladed wedges. If both have a bounce/grind option that fits you, pick the one you think looks best.

I prefer SM8’s out of the two, but only because I don’t like the drilled holes on the Jaws (or any wedge).

I had both, stuck with the sm8. Just like them better for touch shots.

SM8 are my favorite wedges of the last couple years. Yes, more than the RTX4 as well.

Back