I love my JAWS. Might be my favorite wedge I’ve ever hit. Granted, I’ve gamed Callaway MD wedges for a long time now so no Vokey experience to speak of lol

I say that a wedge is a wedge. As long as it has the bounce and loft I like, then I’m good. I honesty have not been able to say that one wedge was better than the other out of the dozen or so wedges I’ve owned in the last 5 years.

Edit - I’m taking specifically about the bigger players in wedges - Callaway, TM and Titleist.

Demoed the Vokey’s, Cleveland, Ping and Jaws. Jaws won out for me and it has been great so far but every swing is different. Can’t go wrong with any of them but you need to see what’s the best fit for you.

I have the MD5 Jaws in 48*, 54*, and 58* all with the S Grind. I upgraded from the MD4 and find that they have a much better feel and the spin is excellent in all conditions, especially when the grass is wet. I also like the fact that the customer service I've gotten from Callaway is top notch.

I've played Ping and Vokey wedges in the past and just didn't care for them. I'll stick with the Jaws wedges until I find something better.

Vokeys all day. I have an SM6 and two SM7’s in my bag now.

Looks alone....vokey. I ordered four different MD4 &5s from Callaway customs over the years and all were wrong ha.

I love my JAWS. Might be my favorite wedge I’ve ever hit. Granted, I’ve gamed Callaway MD wedges for a long time now so no Vokey experience to speak of lol
I bought two Vokey wedges a number of years back when I knew nothing about bounce or grinds or anything. They were both very low bounce and all I could do was dig trenches with them.

I think its simply personal preference and one is not objectively better than the other. To me, the Jaws feel a bit softer and present as a little larger behind the ball. So, if a little more compact looking is the preference, I would say the SM8s. If it is a little more forgiving looking, it is the Jaws.

Back